ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I really think Ron Rivers might be mentally challenged. How else can you explain the last series?

Commanders storm back behind Brisett, take the lead, force a punt at 3 minutes (getting a gift on a possible non-PI call in the process). Your defense is terrible, but played well in the second half.

You need one first down to end the game and he runs the ball into the line 3 times? Plus, Jets only need a FG and have a kicker who is good from 55-in.Then you play soft, prevent defense and let them dink it down the field for the 55-yard game winner.

Man should be banned from the NFL.

And that sound in Jacoby Brisett's ears is the cash register ringing. He's making the most money for any backup QB this year, $8 million. He will get a big contract next year as a borderline starter or backup for a big team.
    Riverboat Ron is the same guy who had a REPORTER inform him that his team could be eliminated with a GBay win later in the day (in a previous season).

If WASH had lost today by 20+, I think he was a goner. Did the rally help him?

New mgmt, I knew there would be change. Was the Del Rio dismissal enough? Rivera can't feel too good, b/c his replacement (Bieniemy) is already on the staff.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Rivera is toast after the season and possibly Bieniemy as well.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Rivera is toast after the season and possibly Bieniemy as well.
    You want Harbaugh?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Rivera is gone for sure. He might be done in the NFL for good.

Bienemey is tricky. I think ownership will feel pressure to give him the job. If they can't get Belichick or a big name, I can see them trying him out.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Rivera is gone for sure. He might be done in the NFL for good.

Bienemey is tricky. I think ownership will feel pressure to give him the job. If they can't get Belichick or a big name, I can see them trying him out.
    They need to go with a big name. The Eagles and Cowboys will doninate the division for years and the Redskins need to break the bank with a new coach. Maybe get Belichick from Patriots if they let him loose.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You want Harbaugh?
    Fukk no and I don't want Bieniemy either; problem is he's the Great Black Hope of future head coaches and there will be big time racial shit if the owner hires someone else who isn't black. He might be able to get away with hiring Belichick, on rings alone.

The_Mr-B_
    The_Mr-B_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Wow. just wow.
    It's like watching a four-car pileup on the I-95.

I'm watching this clusterfuck and I still don't believe their first five minutes.

Next...level...stinky.
    Well it was looking like they were about to reopen road once all the cars were towed away but now it looks like someone broke down in the other lane!! Lol

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Fukk no and I don't want Bieniemy either; problem is he's the Great Black Hope of future head coaches and there will be big time racial shit if the owner hires someone else who isn't black. He might be able to get away with hiring Belichick, on rings alone.
    They said the same about Leftwich, now he's out of football. Pretty amazing, OC for Super Bowl champ three years ago and now can't even get a job.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Bieniemy is horrible at both clock management and play calling. Screw him! There's a damn a good reason (actually several to be exact) why he's been passed up for numerous coaching jobs in the past. but you are 100% right. they will definitely make it a racial issue here in the DMV (just like with everything else) but I just hope our new owner Josh Harris and his group make the right moves for the organization and restoring the former glory of our burgundy and gold! It's no secret that Ron Riviera was a dead man walking this year and contrary to a lot of our fan base, I was actually pleasantly surprised to see the new ownership not rush to judgement and wait til seasons end to clean house. That seems to be the narrative from what I hear that everyone in the front office will be gone. Good riddance! get rid of every last remnants from the Dan Snyder era and hire a new GM, scouting directors, administrators, head coach, etc. and do things the right way. I've been very impressed with what Antonio Pierce has done with the Raiders! the players love him and seemed to have a rally around him. as a former Redskin great who donned the burgundy and gold, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot. (if he's interested and available). but yeah, I'd settle for Bill Belechick as well like I mentioned in a previous thread. I think the change of scenery and him coming back to his hometown will do wonders for him. and not to mention that he will bring instant credibility, accountability, and respect to our organization...something that has been sorely lacking the last 25+ years or so! HAIL!

First 12