OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

all this talk about teams wanting caleb williams

USC loses fourth game in five weeks in 36-27 loss to No. 6 Oregon

omg and he was wanting more money already to play in nfl or some wac ko thing

Caleb Williams threw for 291 yards and a touchdown, and ran for another score. USC (7-4, 5-3 Pac-12) has lost four of its last five games after winning their first six.

It was USC's first game since firing defensive coordinator Alex Grinch on Sunday. The Trojans gave up 52 points and 572 yards in the loss to the Huskies. Defensive line coach Shaun Nua and inside linebackers coach Brian Odom were named USC’s co-defensive coordinators for the rest of the season.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I almost wonder if you even listen to yourself

HE THREW FOR ALMOST 300 YARDS & 2 TOTAL TDS. SC does not play D. Has nothing to do with Williams.

AND THEY COVERED THE SPREAD

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

HE THREW FOR ALMOST 300 YARDS & 2 TOTAL TDS. SC does not play D. Has nothing to do with Williams.

Correct, with the exception of a couple of teams that whole (soon to be defunct) PAC 12 doesn't play defense.

Bill?
    I'd still rather have Williams over Nix or Penix, or do I dare say it? over Sanders too.
    Or does that make me a racist.?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

Don’t mind Bill, we cut back on his meds recently.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

If he has a decent team and coaching around him, he will be a monster. If he has the opposite, it will be a disaster.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I watched him a few times this year and my thoughts were/are: so what's the big deal? Not too impressive for all the hype. Let some team give up 5 years of their future picks for him...........meh on all these QB diva's.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I watched him a few times this year and my thoughts were/are: so what's the big deal? Not too impressive for all the hype. Let some team give up 5 years of their future picks for him...........meh on all these QB diva's.
    Exactly what I thought. Don't get me wrong, he's the best (or 2nd best) of this class but I don't see the 'generational talent lock for the HOF' that everyone else seems to

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

yea because he plays defense right? my Gawd you are fools

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If he has a decent team and coaching around him, he will be a monster. If he has the opposite, it will be a disaster.
    Like most guys. Your NFL landing spot, GM, ownership and coaching stability are key to success.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

USC quarterback Caleb Williams will be entering the 2024 NFL draft, he announced on social media Monday. The decision comes on the final day that underclassmen are allowed to declare.

homie1975

will be first pick in the draft.

generational talent

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

I think he should have stayed, just feels like he is not ready yet. Either Washington or New England will take him

homie1975

first pick in the draft. not even close. close thread.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

OldBill

Think your way off base on this one. Caleb Williams is a franchise QB , who played for a very sub par USC team.

This kid is GOLD Jerry

mjsuax13

Chicago with the first pick? Yikes.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

yup but will he be good in the NFL?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Chicago with the first pick? Yikes.
    will da Bears stick with Fields and go into free agency and get him the talent they need to win? They have the most cap space of any team next season I do believe.

Or do they take Williams and trade Fields and still do the free agency thing to get another WR and O linemen etc?

I can think of a few teams who would gladly take Fields. New England, Atlanta, Vegas, Denver and couple more.

I see some wheeling and dealing after the super bowl. Marvin Harrison jr in a Bears uniform with DJ Moore on the other side?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    yup but will he be good in the NFL?
    it depends on many things. per the usual.

is the team he goes to a solid organization?

if he went to the Niners like Brock did he would be a God among Men.

if he goes to a team like the Carolina Panthers like Bryce did, he will struggle.

the team a kid goes to and who he has around him in management, in coaching and on the field,
    is the biggest determining factor on his success.

p.s. john elway did not want to go to the colts as the #1 pick and eli manning did not want to go to the chargers as the #1 pick.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    will da Bears stick with Fields and go into free agency and get him the talent they need to win? They have the most cap space of any team next season I do believe.

Or do they take Williams and trade Fields and still do the free agency thing to get another WR and O linemen etc?

I can think of a few teams who would gladly take Fields. New England, Atlanta, Vegas, Denver and couple more.

I see some wheeling and dealing after the super bowl. Marvin Harrison jr in a Bears uniform with DJ Moore on the other side?
    Agreed

Lots of options for Chicago

They own #1 and #9 picks. They have plenty of cap space , and trading Fields, or the #1 pick, could get them some O line protection. Grabbing another WR in free agency to compliment Moore is also a great idea

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

For betting the 2024 NFL draft. You should bet -1000 Caleb Williams and I already bet Marvin Harrison Jr +2000 20 to 1 odds months ago. The odds are against me but there's always a chance it will hit.

Marvin Harrison Jr currently at +1500 on FanDuel. If I am correct then we all make money if you follow my bet.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    Agreed

Lots of options for Chicago

They own #1 and #9 picks. They have plenty of cap space , and trading Fields, or the #1 pick, could get them some O line protection. Grabbing another WR in free agency to compliment Moore is also a great idea
    Bears would be wise not to grab a FA WR as they would then be paying two wrs top money and that is not a recipe for success. Their trade for Sweat was aggresive just to get his rights but they also were able to get ahead of the market on DE's and has proven smart thus far. Makes sense for them to deal Fields but if the offers come back insulting that changes things. Absolute worse case scenario they can still move back a few spots and still land MHJ because if either the Pats or Commanders feel the need to move up to land their choice of QB, they certainly won't be looking for a WR. The issue is that this defense is already chiming along pretty well, after another draft with high capital, and money in FA, this team will likely not be picking in the top 5 anytime soon so they miss their window to get a more steady franchise qb. Might come down to how they want to satisfy their fan base. Right now you can't be too excited as a Bears fan given the success and youth of both the Packers and Lions, division is becoming pretty damn cutthroat, hard to pass on an elite wr prospect. Maybe they do that and still throw a dart on a qb that slides to 9 to "push" Fields.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

I don't think he will live up to the hype.

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Bears would be wise not to grab a FA WR as they would then be paying two wrs top money and that is not a recipe for success. Their trade for Sweat was aggresive just to get his rights but they also were able to get ahead of the market on DE's and has proven smart thus far. Makes sense for them to deal Fields but if the offers come back insulting that changes things. Absolute worse case scenario they can still move back a few spots and still land MHJ because if either the Pats or Commanders feel the need to move up to land their choice of QB, they certainly won't be looking for a WR. The issue is that this defense is already chiming along pretty well, after another draft with high capital, and money in FA, this team will likely not be picking in the top 5 anytime soon so they miss their window to get a more steady franchise qb. Might come down to how they want to satisfy their fan base. Right now you can't be too excited as a Bears fan given the success and youth of both the Packers and Lions, division is becoming pretty damn cutthroat, hard to pass on an elite wr prospect. Maybe they do that and still throw a dart on a qb that slides to 9 to "push" Fields.
    Totally agree

The defense has looked like a tight group the last half of the season. I think Fields has great upside and wouldn't look to move him. Caleb is on a lot of peoples lips right now, so trade that #1 pick for a chance to bolster that O line. Grab a WR in the draft #9 pick. They have a lot of options available to them with draft picks ? Free agency ? and potential trade bait ? Plenty of cap space to work with as well

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

I truly believe homie is Caleb’s agent.

DwightShrute

Woody Johnson was watching the Packers-Cowboys game to scout Jordan Love last Sunday. If everything goes according to plan, Love will be the Jets QB in 17 years.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

it's as i said before, all i care about here is ca$h and the game, not figuring out how good a 1st round draft pick is going to be in 2024. Chances are unless he's special like Stroud it's not even gonna matter much in the 1st year. nfl rookies do make impacts, maybe about 5 or 10 each season

TO ME...big ca$h is on the line with the division playoffs. whether you win or lose.

but then again I'm too old. i used to focus on this nonsense. now if you want to talk about how stupid the world is as a whole, we can go there, with the idiots that lead our country and the world over

but in the meantime...for me mr old and finisihed the young people need to take over...it's 3 more weeks of football and see you next season.

trolling i guess but my God it is amazing how the division playoffs are on the line including Mahomes at Allen and we get continual updates about this horse shot...jmo...
    but i'm convinced this is why older people are able to make money. young people are focused on all kinds of garbage. guessing most of them are wondering right now how much "that" girl likes him
    so, carry on, as if this is important, the more passion the better! if only i could go back!!

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

and no, i'm not interested in this garbage topic on caleb williams. not only is the subject at the wrong time, it has no cash value that i'm aware of.
    i'm only interested in the weekend games right now.

but i'm trying to help fellow young fools out. if you don't want to listen to me, or don't believe me, so be it. i said it. i'd be surprised if anyone understood me. i'm weird that way, try to teach the young fools of the world, i'm sure i'll be beat back and i'll carry on as usual.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

it depends on many things. per the usual.

is the team he goes to a solid organization?

if he went to the Niners like Brock did he would be a God among Men.

if he goes to a team like the Carolina Panthers like Bryce did, he will struggle.

the team a kid goes to and who he has around him in management, in coaching and on the field,
    is the biggest determining factor on his success.

p.s. john elway did not want to go to the colts as the #1 pick and eli manning did not want to go to the chargers as the #1 pick.
    Hey 1975 IMO Young did not have much around him but he does not have an NFL arm. Is what it is.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

will be first pick in the draft.

generational talent
    I said this quite awhile ago here. And now Bears have the #1 pick. And yet, I'm having a tough time moving on from Fields. Really think he is on the cusp. IMO Bears can succeed going in either direction.