stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

New England Patriots

Disgraceful performance again.

I'll say it again, if the offense were a sandwich it'll be white American Cheese on Wonder Bread with mayo.

Belichick is hanging on for Shula's record, the owner doesn't have the balls to shit can him either.

Without question thee most boring team ever.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 897

They are awful and it’s time to start fresh. Both coach and QB have to go.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

He was helping Washington because he is going there lol

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

BB is 71 years old. I love the guy and the man has won 7 SB titles. not to mention is a HOF coach and one of the greatest of all-time. cut him some slack. He will probably retire after this year (at least he should). Having said that, I'm not sure why he still continues to stick with Mac Jones. Bailey Zappe seemed to give them a little bit of a spark last year and then promptly got benched again. From the outside looking in, there seems to be some tension and some kind of rift going on between those two. (of course I could be wrong. it's pure conjecture on my part)

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He was helping Washington because he is going there lol
    Hey LB! Just remember I called it first! A few weeks ago on 10-10-23! On Jibby's "What happened to the NE Patriots" thread! and then KLC posted that article yesterday! Maybe I influenced someone?...Proof that pro scouts, GM's and head coaches read posts here on SBR! I kid, I kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I was just about to bring up Andy Reid! Same exact scenario and same comments and insults from everyone alike. Reid is washed up, the game has passed him by, blah, blah, blah...but I would say Andy Reid rebounded rather nicely wouldn't you? Ditto for BB...He needs a change a scenery and a breath of fresh air. As a diehard skins fan, here is what I'm hoping and dreaming (a punchers chance that it might happen...I'm being very optimistic mind you)...Ron Riviera gets shitcanned this year after another failure. BB is not retained by the Pats. Our new ownership group led by Josh Harris lures BB to DC and makes him an offer he can't refuse! BB was born and raised in Annapolis, Maryland! (only 30 - 35 minutes from DC)...My neck of the woods for the last 35+ years before moving to Cyprus. and then hopefully having some humility and dignity left, reaches out to Tom Brady and apologizes for all of the diva drama bullshit that happened the last couple of years in New England. and Josh Harris gives Brady a contract he can't turn down laced with lucrative incentives and bonuses! and the Redskins next season get the dynamic duo back together again for one last ride into the sunset!
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Da Manster! 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Disgraceful performance again.

I'll say it again, if the offense were a sandwich it'll be white American Cheese on Wonder Bread with mayo.

Belichick is hanging on for Shula's record, the owner doesn't have the balls to shit can him either.

Without question thee most boring team ever.
    Got the right QB. Side of Mac & Cheese.

My belief is that the HC is beyond being fired. I think Kraft will ask him "What do you want to do next yr?"

He can't stay. Will either Coach a different team OR be on TV next year.

stevenash

When exactly does the statue of limitations expire for Belichick?
    He's six games under .500 for the first time in 23 years.

The game has past him by.

Da Manster!

When exactly does the statue of limitations expire for Belichick?
    He's six games under .500 for the first time in 23 years.

The game has past him by.
    they said the same thing about Andy Reid too when he was in Philadelphia! he was too old, he was washed up, the game has past him by, etc. Well, we all know how that turned out. He got the last laugh. I think BB just needs a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery. I can almost promise you once Robert Kraft decides to part ways with him (probably at the end of this season), there will be a handful of teams vying for BB's services!

stevenash

they said the same thing about Andy Reid too when he was in Philadelphia! he was too old, he was washed up, the game has past him by, etc. Well, we all know how that turned out. He got the last laugh. I think BB just needs a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery. I can almost promise you once Robert Kraft decides to part ways with him (probably at the end of this season), there will be a handful of teams vying for BB's services!
    Name three?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Belichick is the most overrated, ACCIDENTAL winner in NFL history.

He's also a jerk and a cheat.

stevenash

^
    Who still believes the 1985 Bears style of defense or 1986 NYG style of defense wins Super Bowls.

The mullett went out of style 40 years ago.

Manny, you know I love you dude but the difference between Andy Reid and BB is Reid understands offense, BB is clueless when his team has the football.

Da Manster!

Name three?
    Commanders, Bears, Bucs, Raiders, Cardinals, are all potential candidates. I'm of course assuming there will be some firings or vacancies after the season. Maybe a couple of more teams if they don't perform well or meet expectations.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Commanders, Bears, Bucs, Raiders, Cardinals, are all potential candidates. I'm of course assuming there will be some firings or vacancies after the season. Maybe a couple of more teams if they don't perform well or meet expectations.
    Cardinals just hired their coach, they are not firing him. Plus, they have played well for the most part with an awful roster. Arizona already paying Kingsbury at least 4 more years as well.

Tampa is a mess, he's not going there. Washington has some players, the Bears will have top picks, and what about the Chargers if they implode again?

mjsuax13

Belichick is more stubborn than Andy Reid. Andy always a bit more creative with his offenses.

Bill Belichick does need a change of scenery. He should find a new younger girlfriend and a beach. A change of scenery…

Also- Reid has Mahomes. Belichick had Brady. Without them…

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Belichick is more stubborn than Andy Reid. Andy always a bit more creative with his offenses.

Bill Belichick does need a change of scenery. He should find a new younger girlfriend and a beach. A change of scenery…

Also- Reid has Mahomes. Belichick had Brady. Without them…
    He should have quit two years ago after the playoff loss to Buffalo. That was always going to be his high point in NE post-Brady. That way, he could have sat a year or two and awaited some openings. Now, he really can't sit out at his age, he'd have to take a job next year.

Da Manster!

A couple of darkhorse candidates would be the Chargers and Cowboys. We all know how Staley is on the hot seat with LA and we all know how Jerry Jones is chomping at the bit to win another Lombardi trophy and his team is definitely built to win NOW! Maybe BB can work some magic with actual talent. Again, this is all merely conjecture on my part. We shall see moving forward.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    He should have quit two years ago after the playoff loss to Buffalo. That was always going to be his high point in NE post-Brady. That way, he could have sat a year or two and awaited some openings. Now, he really can't sit out at his age, he'd have to take a job next year.
    100% agree.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

That play wasn't on Belichik, Mack Jones' pass was just bad, the Patriot is wide open in the end zone and he throws it to the 1 yard line.

Mac also Jones got screamed at during the game, that didn't help.

But in the end, it's the gm, the coaching staff, that prepare these guys, that pick the draft.

My biggest issue with Belichik this game is not running the ball. Patriots were averaging 4.6 yards a rush, most of it right down the middle. There's no need to put the game in the hands of Mac Jones. Michigan got it figured out against Penn State, not a single rush all 2nd half and won easily. You put the ball in the hands of your best players, and that may not be the quarterback. Of course hindsight is 20/20, the right play was called, the guy was open, I still can't figure out what Mac Jones was thinking

budwiser

Here's the video. There is no pressure on Mac Jones, and the receiver is clearly running into the end zone not the end line, it's an easy pass for almost all professional quarterbacks.

There was something going on in his head that only he saw. Everyone is looking around because they can't believe he threw that pass. Belichik has no choice imo but to start Zappe.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25100

Yep, can't blame Bill for that!!

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 184

U think zap starts next week???

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    U think zap starts next week???
    Only if the Patriots want to tank to get to get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. Zappe looked great last year when he started against the worst defenses the Patriots played all season. Every other time he's been in he's been awful. Mac Jones is at least very good at short passes.

Just my opinion...

Snowball

^
    Who still believes the 1985 Bears style of defense or 1986 NYG style of defense wins Super Bowls.

The mullett went out of style 40 years ago.

Manny, you know I love you dude but the difference between Andy Reid and BB is Reid understands offense, BB is clueless when his team has the football.
    Not only that but Andy Reid is wise enough to know he's not a General Manager.

The_Mr-B_
    The_Mr-B_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Just put 100 cwt on futures bet for Belichick as new HC Wash Commanders for '24 season. Hopefully name is changed back to Redskins by then too. It pays 12012 cwt if I win. Thats enough car wash tokens to last me years!

stevenash

BB has drafted 11 QB's in the past 20 years after that nice system QB out of Michigan, Tom Brady.

Rohan Davey
    Kliff Kingsbury
    Matt Cassel
    Kevin O'Connell
    Zac Robinson
    Ryan Mallett
    Jimmy G.
    Jacoby Brissett.
    Danny Etling
    Will Stidham
    Mac Jones

10 out of 11 bricks.
    Bill knows offense.

Snowball

Don Shula 526 games
    Career: 347–173–6 (.665)
    Bill Belichick 504 games
    Career: 331–173 (.657)
    22 games difference.
    Belichick would have to win 17/22 in order to eclipse Shula in same number of games coached.

Ain't happening.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Don Shula 526 games
    Career: 347–173–6 (.665)
    Bill Belichick 504 games
    Career: 331–173 (.657)
    22 games difference.
    Belichick would have to win 17/22 in order to eclipse Shula in same number of games coached.
    Ain't happening.
    At least Bill has never settled for a sissy ass tie.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Billy lacks talent to coach up. Period. Not having Tom Brady anymore is part of the problem also.

budwiser

Bill should take a few years off, get some perspective. He doesn't smile anymore, and most importantly he has enough money, there's no need to coach. Refresh the batteries and come back better
    Then again, why cry for the rich and famous

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Bill should take a few years off, get some perspective. He doesn't smile anymore, and most importantly he has enough money, there's no need to coach. Refresh the batteries and come back better
    Then again, why cry for the rich and famous
    Coaching is what makes him happy, he's been doing it practically his entire life.

He'd probably go nuts sitting at home 24/7 with his wife if he retired and had nothing to do.