brewers7
    brewers7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4441

Solution for no more short-rest weeks for Thursday games in the NFL...

Over the last couple of years, there has been much chatter about how Thursday Night Football games are unhealthy for NFL players. And now the league has approved two games on short rest for NFL teams this season, and possible “flex Thursday night games” are being considered.

I decided there had to be a way to create an NFL schedule with normal rest for all Thursday games.

So being a former Sports Writer, I wrote this article and tweeted it out to many NFL execs and players:

No more short-rest weeks for Thursday games

Just curious to see if the solution I came up with makes sense to the many NFL fans on this forum.

Because having "flex game" on Thursday Night Football makes no sense to me as out-of-town fans buy their tickets and hotels and travel months in advance, and it would not be fair to a LOT of fans to have Thursday games switched to Thursday and vice versa with only a week or even a couple weeks notice.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10422

Quote Originally Posted by brewers7 View Post
    Over the last couple of years, there has been much chatter about how Thursday Night Football games are unhealthy for NFL players. And now the league has approved two games on short rest for NFL teams this season, and possible “flex Thursday night games” are being considered.

I decided there had to be a way to create an NFL schedule with normal rest for all Thursday games.

So being a former Sports Writer, I wrote this article and tweeted it out to many NFL execs and players:

No more short-rest weeks for Thursday games

Just curious to see if the solution I came up with makes sense to the many NFL fans on this forum.

Because having "flex game" on Thursday Night Football makes no sense to me as out-of-town fans buy their tickets and hotels and travel months in advance, and it would not be fair to a LOT of fans to have Thursday games switched to Thursday and vice versa with only a week or even a couple weeks notice.

Just have a few Tuesday and Wednesday games. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already..