pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Nice that Zach Wilson Gets Paid to be Away from the Team

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-high-water

where can I sign up to suck as a QB, be a healthy scratch for the last game and then be told to unwind in the offseason while I get millions?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Yeah, you get paid, but everyone is talking shit about you.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2762

Rather be Bobby Bonilla

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Don’t you love the modern athlete!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-high-water

where can I sign up to suck as a QB, be a healthy scratch for the last game and then be told to unwind in the offseason while I get millions?
    Bad look. Saleh has done everything to keep this guy viable.

Have to be w/ the team for the last game. Even if it's just on the sidelines.

Also, let's hear some of the stories from the Jet teammates. Wilson has to be biggest puzzy in the league.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Swear to god this opt-out thing is too much.

Mariota. Carr. Now Wilson.

Even it doesn't work out, just walk away. As long as the check cashes.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

If he's a true competor he'd trade the money to play well and be on the field. This guy doesn't want it. He'll be a back up

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Saleh’s comments of he needs “to get away and find out what he values” is code for he needs to figure out if he wants this bad enough to work hard and get better. I bet wilson is a lazy bastard who doesnt know what its like to fight hard for something

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I swear teams need to not start their rookie QBs for the first two years unless they have to play them because of injuries. They almost always do better going into the league learning than have the franchise on their shoulders. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and the list goes on.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Everyone knew Wilson was gonna suck when they picked him. No one on here liked the pick from my recollection

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 155

We can all hope someone breaks his leg in week one next season so Jets have a chance for a good season.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Everyone loved him when he was fuckin milfs

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Everyone knew Wilson was gonna suck when they picked him. No one on here liked the pick from my recollection
    For sure.
    2020 BYU has to be the softness 11-1 team in D1 history.
    Only decent win they had was against an overrated Boise team, and they shit the bed against Coastal.
    Ray Charles could have thrown for 30 TD's that season.

Better question than how does Wilson still have a roster spot is how does Joe Douglas still have a GM gig?
    Douglas made a clusterfuck out of those #2 and #14 picks.
    There was no need to waste #2 overall on Wilson, chances were 50/50 Fields would still be around (he wasn't) Mac Jones could have been had at #14, Wilson wasn't going to be that much of an upgrade from Darnold.
    Jets had so many burning needs that draft than QB.

Chase and Waddle were more of a sure thing at WR than Wilson at QB, and Douglass whiffed on Micha Parsons too.
    How's Parson's working out in Dallas?

Now the Jets are in the same old 2020/2021 boat again.
    You're not getting Bryce Young, he's going to Houston, that's a lock, Stroud will be off the board, so will the kid from Kentucky.

You're going to have to go to war with Wilson again, sign either Jimmy G. or Baker, or Teddy, or Geno, if he leaves Seattle. Brady ain't coming to that dumpster fire.

Yes, the Jets have some young pieces, but let's face facts, they're fukked again.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153528

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I swear teams need to not start their rookie QBs for the first two years unless they have to play them because of injuries. They almost always do better going into the league learning than have the franchise on their shoulders. Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and the list goes on.
    the problem is that teams have a much better chance of winning the super bowl if their starter is still on his rookie contract, so the trend of playing guys from day 1 will continue

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    the problem is that teams have a much better chance of winning the super bowl if their starter is still on his rookie contract, so the trend of playing guys from day 1 will continue
    Unless you're brady and take massive pay cuts, another reason why he's the goat. Doesn't give a f about the money. Meanwhile Rodgers wondering why his team is so bad when he makes 60 million a year

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Unless you're brady and take massive pay cuts, another reason why he's the goat. Doesn't give a f about the money. Meanwhile Rodgers wondering why his team is so bad when he makes 60 million a year
    AMEN Goat- happy new year, spot on again

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will get released or traded

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Everyone loved him when he was fuckin milfs
    anyone who is fcukin hot milfs gets my instant respect and a

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    For sure.
    2020 BYU has to be the softness 11-1 team in D1 history.
    Only decent win they had was against an overrated Boise team, and they shit the bed against Coastal.
    Ray Charles could have thrown for 30 TD's that season.

Better question than how does Wilson still have a roster spot is how does Joe Douglas still have a GM gig?
    Douglas made a clusterfuck out of those #2 and #14 picks.
    There was no need to waste #2 overall on Wilson, chances were 50/50 Fields would still be around (he wasn't) Mac Jones could have been had at #14, Wilson wasn't going to be that much of an upgrade from Darnold.
    Jets had so many burning needs that draft than QB.

Chase and Waddle were more of a sure thing at WR than Wilson at QB, and Douglass whiffed on Micha Parsons too.
    How's Parson's working out in Dallas?

Now the Jets are in the same old 2020/2021 boat again.
    You're not getting Bryce Young, he's going to Houston, that's a lock, Stroud will be off the board, so will the kid from Kentucky.

You're going to have to go to war with Wilson again, sign either Jimmy G. or Baker, or Teddy, or Geno, if he leaves Seattle. Brady ain't coming to that dumpster fire.

Yes, the Jets have some young pieces, but let's face facts, they're fukked again.
    good post. trading down would have been the best bet considering the draft. 3 big name wide receivers missed as i included Smith on the Eagles. 2 good RB's in Harris and Etienne. Pitts is still undecided. all besides Fields and Parsons.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Bad look. Saleh has done everything to keep this guy viable.

Have to be w/ the team for the last game. Even if it's just on the sidelines.

Also, let's hear some of the stories from the Jet teammates. Wilson has to be biggest puzzy in the league.
    i personally hate it. i am tired of saleh protecting him over and over. i think he is going to be Leaf all over again.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22628

Wilson's mom is a sweet MILF