tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

What happened or consequences if MNF accident happen on the Super Bowl ?

Just curious if this happens in a Super Bowl middle time of the game,do they continue play?Of course right?Ton of money betting,every second we have people birth and died, Super Bowl is important than life rights?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave tmoible 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2398

forward thinking posts don't get a lot of replies ...

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

super bowl is just a tinnnyyy bit different than a regular season game

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

call the game give both team's trophies co champions

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Interesting question. Would hate to make a decision if the game goes on or not. Reputation of the NFL would be in jeopardy either way.

I get it... the kid stopped breathing out on the field. Tragic horrific event. But to say someone landing on his head... and being paralyzed after a play... (which has happened in the NFL).... but we still go on with the game? To grade what goes on and what doesn't??? Slippery slope. I don't know who grades injuries now? I think Buffalo would have been down 2 players in the Secondary after that event. I thought injuries happen in sports? Why does one team get a pass and the other doesn't? I feel sorry for the kid and his family. Injuries are apart of the game... to say "what qualifies" of a complete stoppage and suspension of a game is rather bizarre. Then I guess we must stop all games when ANY severe injury has occurred.

pologq

i think if he was deemed to be OK after doctor's and paramedics looked at him and/or on the way to the hospital it would be different. that he was not breathing on his own and still has not as of this morning i think played into it.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

There is no way that they wouldn't have continued to play if that happened in the 1st quarter of the Superbowl.

Way too much money invested in that game from every angle.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i think if he was deemed to be OK after doctor's and paramedics looked at him and/or on the way to the hospital it would be different. that he was not breathing on his own and still has not as of this morning i think played into it.
    True. As I said... I truly feel sorry for him. It really looks like he took a direct shot.. to the chest area/heart. Let's change the scenario up... how many times have we seen a player get absolutely plowed to the head area... he's down for 10 minutes. Stretcher comes out... off he goes. Listed as "stable condition". But he will more than likely suffer from other issues later on in life... dizzy spells... things we never hear about. So we should say... well he's lucky to be alive? At least he's living? Regardless.. on that said day... the game isn't suspended... the team is DOWN A MAN... the game goes on. Why must the game go on from that point??? Maybe 10 players were really close to that guy... and emotionally they aren't 100% but they MUST PLAY THE GAME. Why is one event graded on a different level? Be fair in ALL SITUATIONS. Again, I don't know how exactly you should grade it... but let's be fair in ALL INJURY SITUATIONS.

I don't know why a vicious hit to the head.... and the guy lays there for 10 minutes not moving.... is any different than a direct blow to the chest area... in which a player is now deemed unresponsive... cardiac arrest. Both plays are damaging. But it's ok... if the other guy has head trauma for the rest of his life?? We continue to play the game as nothing happened?? I'm really not trying to be a dikk.... i'm just saying... there has to be a letter of the law in what to do in all "INJURY RELATED SITUATIONS". Personally if you don't continue this game.... then don't continue any games once a player has a serious blow to the head. Let's be frank... a serious blow to the head... you can still die.... even on your way to the hospital.... and the game continues??

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I think it’s all about perception. Usually a big hit to the head or something, we get some sign from the player they are ok. Thumbs up or whatever. Like money says, they could die later or have lingering effects but we don’t have that immediate sense. The game last night was different because it was basically a vegetable being taken off the field. He may pull through but it didnt look good and still doesn’t.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I think it’s all about perception. Usually a big hit to the head or something, we get some sign from the player they are ok. Thumbs up or whatever. Like money says, they could die later or have lingering effects but we don’t have that immediate sense. The game last night was different because it was basically a vegetable being taken off the field. He may pull through but it didnt look good and still doesn’t.
    this is basically my response to money shot. i don't disagree at all that it is not traumatizing.

i think if someone gets a bad head hit and you get no sense he is well or "awake" i could see the game being postponed also. i think the thumbs up and/or the movement of the arms kind of give it a positive send off where the fans and players know, or at least think, he will be OK. of course there could be issues down the line but it seems for football that is never really thought of as an immediate thing.

here there was no sendoff. he was dead and had to be brought back. players saw him lifeless on that field and even now it is still touch and go. if it was a brain injury and he was lifeless i think it would be the same as now.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    And I understand the point that his situation was very serious. Haven't we heard about a coach or coordinator having a semi heart attack while the game is going on... they may stop the game momentarily to get that coach treatment.... but the game will resume (same day.) I guess they don't care if the coach dies later on? lol no sympathy for him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I just hope this doesn’t become a trend when there’s a serious injury

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    And I understand the point that his situation was very serious. Haven't we heard about a coach or coordinator having a semi heart attack while the game is going on... they may stop the game momentarily to get that coach treatment.... but the game will resume (same day.) I guess they don't care if the coach dies later on? lol no sympathy for him.
    yes and that is very similar also. good point.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Good question.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I just hope this doesn’t become a trend when there’s a serious injury
    That's actually a good point. This is unusual, but the concussion stuff will continue to happen obviously.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

ok yes turns out he living whew but done playing nfl football so game has to be played somewhere later this week mabe thurs nighter

but wow both teams have plat again sunday as far as div goes bill win thiers cincy wins thiers

i wanna get a huge group going that the nfl has to quit 18 weeks and london games most london games are shit teams anyway

you are killing players NFL so many injuries this year teams playing 3 games in 12 days comon man and the thurs night games too stop it

becacuse it no benefit to any team playing 2 games in 10 days

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

agree thurs night football will die a death it deserves....

these soft, woke mofos these days just can't handle the shit.......

they need to change the f'n name of the leauge from NFL TO NPL.......

NATIONAL PUSSYBALL LEAGUE....

fuk this bullshit game, being whittled down to the shit they put out on the field today....... make the fukkers sign total releases, disband the4 players association, and bring back old school football, where you can target Tatum style, clothesline mother fukkers, and chop block til the cows come home......

this is what we want:

Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19321

Just no action on this game. It is done! Cancel and hope they can play Sunday. These players need to know if the player will live. They will find out when they try to wean him off oxygen. Then they will be able to tell if there is severe brain damage. It is entirely possible the player will not be able to breathe on his own and they will have to let him go.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

Brett Favre suited up the day after his father died.

He threw for 399 yards and 4 TDs in that game.

The very next day.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

fuk this bullshit game, being whittled down to the shit they put out on the field today....... make the fukkers sign total releases, disband the4 players association, and bring back old school football, where you can target Tatum style, clothesline mother fukkers, and chop block til the cows come home......

this is what we want:

You wouldn’t want this. The talent level of the league would crumble. Players would be out forever. You would see many more colt McCoy vs Trevor siemian qb duals. The league protects the players to keep the talent on the field, display the athleticism and the great plays.
    The league you want would be incredibly slow and unathletic

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Vince Mcmahon still had a ppv in 1999 go on after Owen Hart died

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    Vince Mcmahon still had a ppv in 1999 go on after Owen Hart died
    True. And the Hart family still pissed off because of it. I think Goodell wanted the game to go on... it's all business.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10335

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

this is what we want:

~~~

Great video Donker-

Unbelievable hits.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by tmoible View Post
    Just curious if this happens in a Super Bowl middle time of the game,do they continue play?Of course right?Ton of money betting,every second we have people birth and died, Super Bowl is important than life rights?
    tmobile you quit man

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

The Show Must Go On

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

ok u cannot say what if this happend in the sb or even a playoff game reports said it can happen to any player at any time the hit to chest even if not hard can shock the heart causing heart attack

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22906

FJB would order a Nuclear Launch

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

What's up with all the canceling nonsense? I like Pat McAfee, but even he got on a tirade about the "5 minute" thing from Joe Buck. Then you get all this "perspective" nonsense, which is fine in every day life, but these guys play the gladiator sport for which major injury is always possible, and they are handsomely paid for it with notoriety. So don't act like it's so important - or else you wouldn't be playing. You take the risk and take the benefit/payouts that you get from the fanfare and risk, all at the same time.

Of course, the biggest tragedy is that this is clearly related to myocarditis from the jab, which the NFL nearly required all of its players to take, and is a big black eye on the NFLPA as well. The continued suppression of dialogue from a society wide policy that has injured many and killed a lot of people is more tragic than anything, since is the instigating cause to Hamlin's injury/sudden cardiac event.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave StackinGreen 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Actually a good question

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10335

SOOPER BOWL would continue...Next man up.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3451

A lot of good replys in here. The pussification of the nfl, the media and this country is out of control.

A bunch of clowns every where and the ones that actually have common sense cant say squat and have to pretend to take the other side for fear of being crucified.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave ThaWoj 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

The fact of the matter is that it is this simple: you can support and root for full recovery for Hamlin and still just be honest that yes it's just another game in the same violent sport. They aren't mutually exclusive.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10385

Why not just let the other team execute one of the players from the losing team, like beheading or something….like the good old gladiator days…people are soft now

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

America is a capitalist country. The Super Bowl has to be completed or people will lose money.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    America is a capitalist crony capitalist country. The Super Bowl has to be completed or people will lose money.
    There you go.

12 Last