Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11186

Ian Cole TB Lightning suspended for sexual abuse from a Twitter accuser

I have no idea what the hell is going on here and if he's innocent or guilty but how do you suspend a guy based on a Tweet? This is a slippery slope. We have turned into a guilty until proven innocent society and a man can never totally clear his name when some anonymous person accuses them.

Here's the tweet. Women all over the world are going to copy and paste this with other guys names on it.

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I have no idea what the hell is going on here and if he's innocent or guilty but how do you suspend a guy based on a Tweet? This is a slippery slope. We have turned into a guilty until proven innocent society and a man can never totally clear his name when some anonymous person accuses them.

Here's the tweet. Women all over the world are going to copy and paste this with other guys names on it.

Is that real or from some angry Maple Leaf or Panther or Ranger fan base?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

POUND the VGK tonight as if they were your own sisters
    GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by svsooner View Post
    Who the fukk knows but they suspended him for it. No other evidence. Just a tweet from an anonymous person. This world is going to shit.

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8429

lol random ass account, unreal

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by svsooner View Post
    If it was completely made up by some idiotic fan, I imagine they'd be in some shit for libel.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    If it was completely made up by some idiotic fan, I imagine they'd be in some shit for libel.
    They probably won't be able to find who tweeted it. It's so easy to create phony, anonymous accounts. And if they do, most likely the person who tweeted it doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

They probably won't be able to find who tweeted it. It's so easy to create phony, anonymous accounts. And if they do, most likely the person who tweeted it doesn't have a pot to piss in.
    It does appear to be "Emily Smith's" first tweet.

Hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of it quickly.

Fishhead

VGK my NHL play of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishhead

.......+105 betonline

Mac4Lyfe

It does appear to be "Emily Smith's" first tweet.Hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of it quickly.
    Suspended from a first time tweet??? WTF is going on here? Might as well tweet about the starting QB in the next Super Bowl.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Who the fukk knows but they suspended him for it. No other evidence. Just a tweet from an anonymous person. This world is going to shit.
    Really?

Did the club say that?

No other evidence, no questions asked?

Do you imagine the club is so legally clueless to open themselves up to legal action by acting that way?

Do you think Cole would not have already fired back legally if the club had acted as crazy reckless with his reputation as you say they are?

I don't know any more than you, but within 10 secs of reading that, those issues seem kind of obvious.

If I was to make an assumption like you are, it would more likely be that it was probably common knowledge inside the club for them to act so fast and decisively.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    How do you know? Only four out of 1,312 regular season games have been played. Good hit, BTW.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

It does appear to be "Emily Smith's" first tweet.

Hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of it quickly.
    it's "Ashley B's" first diary too but Mac-home alone Jackson wants to just keep blaming the victims Foxxer

disturbing

EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5443

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMusher View Post
    Was beautiful ...........STONE with the game winner!

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

.......+105 betonline
    cash that ticket. you called it.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    cash that ticket. you called it.
    It stopped the bleeding, nothing more, nothing less.

...............and we move on.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Really?Did the club say that? No other evidence, no questions asked?Do you imagine the club is so legally clueless to open themselves up to legal action by acting that way?Do you think Cole would not have already fired back legally if the club had acted as crazy reckless with his reputation as you say they are?I don't know any more than you, but within 10 secs of reading that, those issues seem kind of obvious.If I was to make an assumption like you are, it would more likely be that it was probably common knowledge inside the club for them to act so fast and decisively.
    Yes, the club said that. They have not investigated this issue yet. It is ongoing but in the interim, they decided to suspend him. The club and the NHL will meet with him in person to get his side of the story. Unless they are hiding something they are not telling us, why would they suspend first, then investigate? Just seems wrong if all they have is an anonymous Tweet???

Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Ian Cole will have an in-person interview on Wednesday in New York as part of the NHL's investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against him, sources told ESPN.
    Cole will be interviewed by Jared Maples, the NHL's chief security officer.
    Cole was suspended by the Lightning on Sunday after a Twitter user who identified herself as Emily Smith posted that she was sexually abused and groomed by Cole when she was a minor. In a statement released through his agent, Cole said he would cooperate with the investigation and "looked forward to clearing my name and demonstrating to the NHL and the Tampa Bay Lightning that these allegations are unfounded."

---------------------

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]On Sunday evening, the club said it is "aware of the allegations against player Ian Cole" and "cooperating fully with the NHL on an investigation" in a statement shared via the NHL.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]"Our organization takes these allegations very seriously. While we continue to gather more details, we have decided to suspend Ian Cole pending the results of an investigation," the Lighting's statement continues. "No members of the organization, including players, will comment further at this time."[/COLOR]

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Always remember law-enforcement can track down every tweet the exact person unless some sort of burner phone and public Wi-Fi

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Mac4lyfe Cawkin who hurt you ??!??

it's ok to talk about

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

girl probably had crush on him and he flirted for a while

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3545

I believe there's more to it than just a tweet from some random sock account.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I believe there's more to it than just a tweet from some random sock account.
    If they had more wouldn't they have said they had more? They said they hadn't talked to him and will investigate later. That is crazy to me if they suspended him based on a tweet???

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3545

If they had more wouldn't they have said they had more? They said they hadn't talked to him and will investigate later. That is crazy to me if they suspended him based on a tweet???
    I get this feeling the Lightning weren’t surprised by this to be honest. I guess he wasn’t very well respected by a lot of Lightning fans for things he’s done in the past.

Maybe it’s all bullshit, but you hear a lot of abuse going on in Hockey.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-12-22 at 05:24 PM.