mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm in Maui which is GREAT for everything EXCEPT sports. College ball starts at 6AM Saturday. MNF comes on at 2:15. I'm sitting on my patio and the last game (with a rain delay) ended 2 hours ago..... and it's 8PM. NBA the last game starts at 430. The start of Nov and mainland goes back to standard time from daylight savings time (Hawaii doesn't ever change) so things go to only 2 hours behind west coast. It's turning me into a day drinker.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Back in the day, living in Los Angeles, I used to occasionally travel to the East Coast for work. One Monday, I went down to the hotel bar to watch MNF. 6:00 came and went and I asked the bartender to change the channel to watch the game. He said, "What game?". MNF. He laughed and said, "The game doesn't start until 9:00." Oops.

Now, it's an hour earlier, but still, starting a game at 8:00 Eastern?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8533

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    I'm in Maui which is GREAT for everything EXCEPT sports. College ball starts at 6AM Saturday. MNF comes on at 2:15. I'm sitting on my patio and the last game (with a rain delay) ended 2 hours ago..... and it's 8PM. NBA the last game starts at 430. The start of Nov and mainland goes back to standard time from daylight savings time (Hawaii doesn't ever change) so things go to only 2 hours behind west coast. It's turning me into a day drinker.
    that sounds perfect.

When I lived on the west coast, I used to go to the pub at 9am or 9:30 for 10am kickoff and would leave after Sunday Night Football. It would be a12 hour shift with lots of gambling, drinking and 5 cent chicken wings after 6pm.

It kinda sucked for MNF kickoff at 5:30 trying the beat the traffic I will admit.

I miss those days.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    I am in Vegas right now and this is too damn early to wake for football!!

Central Time Zone is the best BY FAR!!!
    LOL.

I moved to California from New Jersey 16 years ago and it literally took me about five years to stop saying "1 o'clock and 4 o'clock" games.

Wait until you try watching football in Hawaii sometime.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    10am too early?
    It's definitely too early when you bartend and don't get home from work until 4am most Saturday nights........

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

I love it, start with football brunch, home Hawks at 1:00-1:30, then Sunday night football starts at 5:30, it's the perfect day!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    It's definitely too early when you bartend and don't get home from work until 4am most Saturday nights........
    I've worked graveyard my entire career, I have no idea what 'too early' is.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8533

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I've worked graveyard my entire career, I have no idea what 'too early' is.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    I am in Vegas right now and this is too damn early to wake for football!!

Central Time Zone is the best BY FAR!!!
    Your insane. I live in mountain Tim and I don’t get how anyone can wait any longer than that. I’ve asked the question for years, how do East coasters do it? Gotta wait until after 8 p.m. for prime time games? Woof. That’s absurd.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11925

Nothing like waking up on the west coast around 8am or 9am on a Sunday morning, capping games then watching them all start at 10am. I love it!! Works perfect for me.

First 12