pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How Much Money Do You Plan to Lose on Preseason NFL this Year?

Everyone says they have a model to predict preseason NFL games that guarantees profit.

Who the fukk are you kidding? You are just throwing darts and just hoping to break even or just lose the juice.

I only bet $10 per game for shit and giggles and save my bankroll for Week 1 where teams play the starters.

If I hear once more that someone has a model to predict NFL preseason games I will go bananas.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Pavy be right about preseason football.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Bet backup QB's

Easy money

The Pre season is the free season

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Ask Mr LT profits.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If Kyle Allen plays Washington will boat race Bengals on August 20th this is my play of the year.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

There are plenty of preseason angles to attack with out there. There really are.

It takes the right matchups of teams that are working on specific areas of their game. The first step is to go team by team and see what the teams will be working on during the preseason. And what they won't need to work on until it gets closer to opening kickoff.

Understand things like poor defenses in the season before will get worked on during the preseason and depending on which aspect was poor, it could make a difference when they face certain teams looking to improve certain areas of offense.

The same things is true for areas of the game that won't be worked on during the preaseason.

Major cahnges, newplayers, etc. will get more work in the early preseason and as it gets closer to opening day, it becomes more about refining.

Harbaugh and Carroll actually want to win these games when it comes down to it.

Know that a coach isn't likely to try out a new offensive line or schemes while his star QB is under center, especially against a team working on the defensive line performance.

The gameplans unfortunately don't usually last the whole game and shit can fall apart toward the end, spoiling spread bets. But that can happen in the regular season too.

Be careful with the units in preseason, it's less a test of stats and edge and more a test of the ability to process a subjective side. It can also help prepare for the regular season.

I could go on, position by position and what the patterns are for most of how those positions or groups of positions get worked, or not worked, on in the preseason. It also gets a better looking at the coaches as well.

Betting preseason can be rewarding but patience is necessary to get the right matchup and defining value has to be done in a relative market way. How to determine that value is not something I think I've gone i over in the Forum, but I have done quite a bit on preseason analysis here.

Good Luck.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

$5k max

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

None.... got my $25 free bet w/ Heritage and it's do or die all the way 'til Tampa Bay begins to play!

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    None.... got my $25 free bet w/ Heritage and it's do or die all the way 'til Tampa Bay begins to play!
    Yep me too and I went all in on Pittsburgh. I don't give a rats ass about this game tomorrow but Pittsburgh does to some degree so I'm going with them since its a free play.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    There are plenty of preseason angles to attack with out there. There really are.

It takes the right matchups of teams that are working on specific areas of their game. The first step is to go team by team and see what the teams will be working on during the preseason. And what they won't need to work on until it gets closer to opening kickoff.

Understand things like poor defenses in the season before will get worked on during the preseason and depending on which aspect was poor, it could make a difference when they face certain teams looking to improve certain areas of offense.

The same things is true for areas of the game that won't be worked on during the preaseason.

Major cahnges, newplayers, etc. will get more work in the early preseason and as it gets closer to opening day, it becomes more about refining.

Harbaugh and Carroll actually want to win these games when it comes down to it.

Know that a coach isn't likely to try out a new offensive line or schemes while his star QB is under center, especially against a team working on the defensive line performance.

The gameplans unfortunately don't usually last the whole game and shit can fall apart toward the end, spoiling spread bets. But that can happen in the regular season too.

Be careful with the units in preseason, it's less a test of stats and edge and more a test of the ability to process a subjective side. It can also help prepare for the regular season.

I could go on, position by position and what the patterns are for most of how those positions or groups of positions get worked, or not worked, on in the preseason. It also gets a better looking at the coaches as well.

Betting preseason can be rewarding but patience is necessary to get the right matchup and defining value has to be done in a relative market way. How to determine that value is not something I think I've gone i over in the Forum, but I have done quite a bit on preseason analysis here.

Good Luck.

That's a great write up and like the coach point. But isn't there basically a new set of guys every quarter? Second halves maybe same back up guys I guess but hard to know how many points they're going to put up or be up against.

Pre season anything is a lottery imo just throw some bucks on +money shots for fun. Never really understood why pre season NFL is taken quite seriously by punters, had always put it down to lack of football then the fun starts..but not really. Where as NBA, soccer, MLB etc have tonnes of actual games so no one really cares. But yeah 4 weeks worth of games I'm sure there is some quality plays in there if you do a bit of work and get a bit of luck.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Maybe $20

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I'm not betting the preseason this year. I want to see how teams are going to navigate the new format. Also over the last 4 to 5 years I've noticed an increase in interest and the late line movements have been taking away any edges that appear.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Won't be betting on Hall Of Game game but a few preseason games.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Yep me too and I went all in on Pittsburgh. I don't give a rats ass about this game tomorrow but Pittsburgh does to some degree so I'm going with them since its a free play.
    Tailing! Either the start of something or the beginning of the end. Let's go Steelers!

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3232

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I have -$15,000 and -2900 points

I wont be gambling for quite some time

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I don't bet NFL, preseason or regular season.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

0 here,i dont like the pre season at all..

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29100

Bmm2875
    Bmm2875's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

All if it

Bmm2875
    Bmm2875's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Do you guys set aside a certain amount for each sport?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

What kinda question is this??

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I don't bet NFL, preseason or regular season.
    Why not? There is some great opportunity in the NFL. In some cases some of the best in any sport.

The other sports are like going to class, the NFL is like the paper you write after going to all the classes, and the NFL class too. The playoffs are the midterms and the Superbowl is the final exam.

If you go to class you have a good shot at testing well.

After all, they do the same thing every year. I'll show it in the CFL this year and you can see how that same thing just requires more patience at different times of the season for the NFL.

We'll just have to see what order the market runs as the season gets under way.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1225

I have a model that predics pre-season, regular season, playoffs, player props and drafts..
    Its strong across the board..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Strong across the board!!