thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeff Okudah to be Drafted Under 4.5 at -115

I like Okudah to be taken by Detroit at 3.

Even though the Lions had a bad year because of bad defense and Stafford getting hurt they don't want to draft players that are projects since Stafford likely has 2-3 more good years.

Detroit signed Desmond Trufant but they need to replace Slay and they don't have a second corner right now that can start. Okudah is the clear number 1 corner in the draft when you look at his numbers, which are signficantly better than Henderson, the projected #2 corner out of Florida. The only drop in Okudah's production was interceptions, but he wasn't thrown at as much last season.

Detroit has said they don't want developmental players, they want players they can win with right away even with a limited training camp with coronavirus. Detroit's GM recently talked about how critical having good cornerback play is in the NFL.

Detroit's other options would be Simmons, Brown, or trading the pick. Detroit has said if they did a trade it likely would have been by last Thursday and the likely problem for Detroit with Simmons is teams aren't sure what position he will play in the NFL, and Detroit wants to win now and draft players they plug in without much training camp. Detroit has a bigger need at corner than linebacker too since they signed Collins. Patricia hates to blitz and he needs corners who can play man on the outside in the system he's trying to bring from New England.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Tough one

Rumor is lions might trade down

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Okudah at 3 would a terrible pick, gotta trade to someone who wants a QB, but Bob Quinn isn’t the smartest person in the world.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Speaking of lions they always blow the draft

Last draft they got right was stafford 10 yrs ago

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Okudah at 3 would a terrible pick, gotta trade to someone who wants a QB, but Bob Quinn isn’t the smartest person in the world.
    I disagree okudah would be a bad pick but tuas injury history and herberts incinsistency make it unlikely anyone will offer a lot for the third pick.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I disagree okudah would be a bad pick but tuas injury history and herberts incinsistency make it unlikely anyone will offer a lot for the third pick.
    I love Okudah as a player, Just not at #3. As a lions fan I think we could definitely trade the pick to the Chargers or Dolphins and still get Okudah. Luckily for you we will probably take him and continue to fail to be the Detroit Patriots.