Week 4 NFL Picks

14-14

GB -4.5

Ne -7

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Why new England?

They have injuries at wr. Michel is in Bill's doghouse. The centre is out for the season
    Buffalo has the best defense in the NFL right now.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why new England?

They have injuries at wr. Michel is in Bill's doghouse. The centre is out for the season
    Buffalo hasn't played a single good offense, their defense is far from the best in the NFL. Pat's replace players every week, burkhead is better than Michel and they e been without the starting center since week 1.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I sure wish I would have gotten on ravens at jump, I’d have killed to get them -6!! They gonna wax the clowns!!!

I lean packers but I hate these Thursday night games (we already discussed in the week 3 thread).

Hard to argue w pats but I do think bills can make it a game. I think Allen’s legs will be big in this game, him running around for 1st downs could be something that might actually negate pats incredible defense to a degree! I think bills defense is solid enough to hold pats to low 20s, pats really haven’t been able to get Sony micheal or run game going at all!!

Def not suggesting im playing the biills, cause I’m not! Lol. Just not wanting to lay 7 on the road here. Was hoping the total woulda came in at like 44 cause then I’d like the under but they came pretty low w it.,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Buffalo hasn't played a single good offense, their defense is far from the best in the NFL. Pat's replace players every week, burkhead is better than Michel and they e been without the starting center since week 1.
    Ok but the pats haven’t played anyone either! I mean we know they good cause they the pats but nothing they have done this year has been more impressive than bills has it? I’d argue bungals was the toughest team either has played.

2daBank

Why new England?

Better than pats defense? That debatable. Pats run game has really struggled and I do think Allen scrambling ability will be huge. I still can’t fade the pats. Unless total comes up a little it a pass for me.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I sure wish I would have gotten on ravens at jump, I’d have killed to get them -6!! They gonna wax the clowns!!!

I lean packers but I hate these Thursday night games (we already discussed in the week 3 thread).

Hard to argue w pats but I do think bills can make it a game. I think Allen’s legs will be big in this game, him running around for 1st downs could be something that might actually negate pats incredible defense to a degree! I think bills defense is solid enough to hold pats to low 20s, pats really haven’t been able to get Sony micheal or run game going at all!!

Def not suggesting im playing the biills, cause I’m not! Lol. Just not wanting to lay 7 on the road here. Was hoping the total woulda came in at like 44 cause then I’d like the under but they came pretty low w it.,
    I think it's a bad spot for Baltimore off the big game against kc. Balltimorw defense has with their best corner Smith out and very young linebackers worries me too. Obviously need to see Cleveland injury report.

thomorino

Ok but the pats haven’t played anyone either! I mean we know they good cause they the pats but nothing they have done this year has been more impressive than bills has it? I’d argue bungals was the toughest team either has played.
    The pats have demolished evseyone and they have the same core as last year. Pat's defense with new additions at linebacker is much better this year. Belichick has seen Allen too, he knows how to defend him.

thomorino

I think the Ravens are slightly overrated here with their best corner out, they should have lost to kc by double digits, fluke hail Marys kept them in it. Smith out is big against these wideouts.

thomorino

The Bengals faced the bills without both starting to tackles and a ored 17, bills have not played anything but bottom 5 offenses.

2daBank

The pats have demolished evseyone and they have the same core as last year. Pat's defense with new additions at linebacker is much better this year. Belichick has seen Allen too, he knows how to defend him.
    I agree pats are incredible defensively, just don’t like the argument bills haven’t played anyone cause neither these teams have faced anyone worth a fukk. Bills at least had to go against darnold.

I’d have killed to get 44 for this total, guess I shoulda jumped on at 43.5 and bought hook cause now that long gone. If you right and pats cover I think it stay under 42.5 tho, i was kinda worried about a 24-20 type score. How many points you think bills score? I’d think 14-17 a pretty good assumption.

2daBank

The Bengals faced the bills without both starting to tackles and a ored 17, bills have not played anything but bottom 5 offenses.
    Bills dominated them until that pick tho.

thomorino

I agree pats are incredible defensively, just don’t like the argument bills haven’t played anyone cause neither these teams have faced anyone worth a fukk. Bills at least had to go against darnold.

I’d have killed to get 44 for this total, guess I shoulda jumped on at 43.5 and bought hook cause now that long gone. If you right and pats cover I think it stay under 42.5 tho, i was kinda worried about a 24-20 type score. How many points you think bills score? I’d think 14-17 a pretty good assumption.
    I'm not worried about who Pat's have played because they been what I expected. Bills have been much than expected so I think it matters more who they've played. The Bills ahbet play an offense with more than a bottom 5 offensive line. The reason buffalo dominated Bengals early was Cincinnati couldn't protect Dalton.

lakerboy

Better than pats defense? That debatable. Pats run game has really struggled and I do think Allen scrambling ability will be huge. I still can’t fade the pats. Unless total comes up a little it a pass for me.
    You have to take into account starting field position for the defense. Buffalo usually gets awful starting field position and considering how well they manage that it's the best d. This is going back to last year as well.

thomorino

You have to take into account starting field position for the defense. Buffalo usually gets awful starting field position and considering how well they manage that it's the best d. This is going back to last year as well.
    The bills have faced Dalton with both his starting tackles out, Eli Manning, and darnoldwith the shit jet oline. That's not a test at all. Pat's dominated the Steelers at home, Pat's defense has been more impressive.

2daBank

I think it's a bad spot for Baltimore off the big game against kc. Balltimorw defense has with their best corner Smith out and very young linebackers worries me too. Obviously need to see Cleveland injury report.
    I’m not worried bout ravens, I still have to look at some things cause I’m never quick to lay 7 or more, but think they be in bounce back angry mode more than let down. Clowns off a Monday night loss they had every shot to pull out would be the more likely letdown to me, although that really has nothing to do with it for me. Gotta look at numbers but wanna say ravens have been historically excellent as home favs.

lakerboy

I'm not worried about who Pat's have played because they been what I expected. Bills have been much than expected so I think it matters more who they've played. The Bills ahbet play an offense with more than a bottom 5 offensive line. The reason buffalo dominated Bengals early was Cincinnati couldn't protect Dalton.
    Cincinnati couldn't protect Dalton? He was only hurried 3 times in the whole game. Buffalo just forces you to beat their solid secondary.

2daBank

The bills have faced Dalton with both his starting tackles out, Eli Manning, and darnoldwith the shit jet oline. That's not a test at all. Pat's dominated the Steelers at home, Pat's defense has been more impressive.
    Bills defense was pretty good last year as well. The Steelers are dog shit, they just lost a Game where the other team had 6 turnovers!! And Big Ben arm was already shot in that game imo.

Not trying to take anything away from pats, imo they are clearly the best defense in the NFL, just don’t think it fair to discredit bills for level of competition if we not gonna do same to pats would be my only point. Pats d is insanely good no question, just think bills have a pretty solid d too.

2daBank

Cincinnati couldn't protect Dalton? He was only hurried 3 times in the whole game. Buffalo just forces you to beat their solid secondary.
    Shame pats got Gilmore from them! Lol

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

We've seen this before Bill's start good....then losing streak hits

2daBank

I think bills d is excellent, might be better coached than every d not named patriots! Just can’t convince me pats defense isn’t the best in the league, if you go back to last year it even more impressive. They freaking shut out kc and rams in the 1st half of afc ship and SB!! And they are even better this year imo!!

thomorino

I think bills d is excellent, might be better coached than every d not named patriots! Just can’t convince me pats defense isn’t the best in the league, if you go back to last year it even more impressive. They freaking shut out kc and rams in the 1st half of afc ship and SB!! And they are even better this year imo!!
    Pat's speed at linebacker and depth on defense is far better this year, and linebackers are key against mobile quarterbacks like Allen.

2daBank

Pat's speed at linebacker and depth on defense is far better this year, and linebackers are key against mobile quarterbacks like Allen.
    I hear ya. And hoody is so slick he will prob have someone spying Allen and he won’t even be able to recognize who it is pre snap.

Another thing I’d worry about is Edelman’s health, you know his status?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rogers looks real sharp

thomorino

I hear ya. And hoody is so slick he will prob have someone spying Allen and he won’t even be able to recognize who it is pre snap.

Another thing I’d worry about is Edelman’s health, you know his status?
    He had X-rays on his ribs that were negative, should be good to go.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I’m not worried bout ravens, I still have to look at some things cause I’m never quick to lay 7 or more, but think they be in bounce back angry mode more than let down. Clowns off a Monday night loss they had every shot to pull out would be the more likely letdown to me, although that really has nothing to do with it for me. Gotta look at numbers but wanna say ravens have been historically excellent as home favs.
    I will save you the time. Baltimore is anything but good as a HF. In the past 4 years, they are 10-18-1 ATS at home. That includes this years ATS loss to Arizona. Oddly enough, the Browns only ATS cover this season has come on the road, against the winless Jets. Tough game to pick. Each team has lost against undefeated teams. The Browns have to be one of the biggest disappointments so far in the NFL. The total is 46 now. That is rather high, seeing as the only time the Browns scored more than 13 points was against the Jets.

thomorino

Browns are 1-2, it's a much bigger game for Cleveland than baltore.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

pats defense is easily better than the bills d lol ive never seen the pats defense like this in a very long time. they get after it

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I will save you the time. Baltimore is anything but good as a HF. In the past 4 years, they are 10-18-1 ATS at home. That includes this years ATS loss to Arizona. Oddly enough, the Browns only ATS cover this season has come on the road, against the winless Jets. Tough game to pick. Each team has lost against undefeated teams. The Browns have to be one of the biggest disappointments so far in the NFL. The total is 46 now. That is rather high, seeing as the only time the Browns scored more than 13 points was against the Jets.
    Thanks. Guess my perception off, or I happen to pick good times to take them, lol.

I think eventually the ravens will get the d figured out but they have lost a ton of talent and leadership the last few years and thus far the d hasn’t been good imo, cardinals moved up and down the field on them they just weren’t able to punch in their red zone chances (which I blame more on that offense than give ravens credit as I think that offense will always struggle in red zone). They really the only game we have to judge ravens d, obviously shitting on Miami proves nothing and getting lit up by kc again don’t mean much. Do they really have the pass rushers to disrupt Baker? Clowns offense might look better here.

Other side I doubt browns are well coached enough to come up w a plan to stop Lamar. The more we talk i like ravens less but I get why the total is up there. Could easily see this being a game played in 20s by both teams.

2daBank

Browns are 1-2, it's a much bigger game for Cleveland than baltore.
    I don’t buy info this thought process man, you seem to bring up a lot but I disagree. It a division game in a sport every game matters, it no bigger for one team than the other. If ravens wanna be contenders which they are they will place a ton of importance in a divisional home game, you gotta win those!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rogers looks real sharp
    Wtf you been watching? He has hit some big plays but overall he hasn’t been grading out all that well.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKuakpZ0a4A&t=33s

watch the 1st minute of this. the reporter even sounded triggered by kitchens response. if youre willing to put your hard earned on that, you should be slapped on the ass and called hilary clinton.

thomorino

I don’t buy info this thought process man, you seem to bring up a lot but I disagree. It a division game in a sport every game matters, it no bigger for one team than the other. If ravens wanna be contenders which they are they will place a ton of importance in a divisional home game, you gotta win those!!
    Look at how 2-0 teams are ats against 0-2 teams for many years,the facts are clear.its an important game for Ravens but this game is Cleveland season, 1-3 you are basically done. Im not going nearh Ravens with their beatup secondary Smith out. Lamar Jackson is coming off one of the best games of his career against an elite team, I don't think he's as focused against browns. Ravens linebackers with Mosley and suggs gone look questionable too.

2daBank

Look at how 2-0 teams are ats against 0-2 teams for many years,the facts are clear.its an important game for Ravens but this game is Cleveland season, 1-3 you are basically done. Im not going nearh Ravens with their beatup secondary Smith out. Lamar Jackson is coming off one of the best games of his career against an elite team, I don't think he's as focused against browns. Ravens linebackers with Mosley and suggs gone look questionable too.
    The ats numbers w 0-2 vs 2-0 are because the numbers get inflated not cause the importance each team places on the game. I totally disagree ravens won’t be focused, they the far better coached team and good coaches have their teams focused. I am kinda losing interest in laying the points but ravens will absolutely be a teaser team for me.

2daBank

I gotta ask since you seem to place importance on thinking this the browns season and ravens won’t be as focused then why not the same logic for Philly/gb? Obviously packers in good shape w 3-0 record and 2 division wins while Philly gotta be desperate as they falling further and further behind Dallas?

Again not saying that means much to me but I do find it odd it basically same situation thu night yet you backing gb?

123 Last