Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Jets fire GM with Adam Gase taking over as acting GM.

The Jets have fired GM Mike Maccagnan as GM, effective immediately, the team announced Wednesday, with Adam Gase taking over as acting GM.

The announcement was made by chariman and CEO Christopher Johnson.

"This morning, I informed Mike that he was being relieved of his duties as General Manager of the team, effective immediately," Johnson said in a statement. "Mike helped to execute the strategic vision of the organization during the last four seasons and especially the past few months. However, I came to the decision to make a change after much thought and a careful assessment of what would be in the best long-term interests of the New York Jets. I will start a search for our new General Manager immediately. In the interim, Coach Gase will be the acting General Manager. I would like to thank Mike for his time and efforts during his tenure, and I wish only the best for him and his wife Betty."

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

NY Jets fire GM

The dumpster fire that is the Jets organization.
    Adam Gase

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Isn't kind of a weird time to do that

JayLA
    On to the next one...

I would think a GM would need interpersonal skills and he has NONE.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Adam Gase
    And they wonder why their team is such a joke. Just look at the ownership. They finally get a guy that demonstrates some football knowledge to run things and they dump him because the HC does not like him.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jets problem is their owner, he's the same moron who thought bringing in Tebow was a good idea.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

This should be interesting.....
    One disagreement between Adam Gase and Mike Maccagnan/Christopher Johnson...

Gase absolutely did not want to sign Le’Veon Bell, per sources. In fact, he made it clear that he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on any running back.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

In other words...Jets business as usual.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Adam Gase
    Guy has never even proven to be a competent coach so they decide he should run the whole thing! Lol

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

J E T S

Jets Jets Jets

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Most overrated bs is changing management

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    J E T S

Jets Jets Jets
    Fk the Jets Funny. You're a vikes fan

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

giving Gase too much control or should i say..... Professor Doom!! ahahaha. this is a recipe for disaster.

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

I mean Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit lol

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Guy has never even proven to be a competent coach so they decide he should run the whole thing! Lol
    U know I'm a fin fan banks. I used to like Gase but he's clearly a mental case. No accountability whats so ever. Guys on a mission to be right ... Not to win.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

U know I'm a fin fan banks. I used to like Gase but he's clearly a mental case. No accountability whats so ever. Guys on a mission to be right ... Not to win.
    Absolutely correct. Fins fan here as well. I laughed so hard when I heard he went to the Jets. Laughing even harder now. I can barely breath.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

O/u,.. 6 winsss.,

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

The Jets completed their interview with Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas on Sunday for their general manager opening. Now, we will see if he gets the job as many around the NFL expect.

Douglas has been the perceived front-runner from the minute the Jets fired Mike Maccagnan on May 15. In fact, rumors had been circulating even before Maccagnan was fired that the Jets were planning on replacing Maccagnan with Douglas. The Eagles exec had been reaching out to people around the league about joining him with the Jets.

Jets coach/interim GM Adam Gase knows Douglas from the year they spent together with the Bears in 2015, when Gase was the offensive coordinator and Douglas was their director of college scouting.

The Jets have now interviewed three candidates for the GM job with the Bears’ Champ Kelly up next. The Jets interviewed Seahawks co-director of player personnel Scott Fitterer on Friday, Saints director of pro scouting Terry Fontenot on Saturday and Douglas on Sunday.

Kelly could interview as soon as Monday. The Jets begin their mandatory minicamp on Tuesday and Gase will have to put the GM search on hold while he coaches the team. The Jets likely will regroup at the end of this week and then decide whether any more interviews need to be done or if they are ready to hire someone.

The Jets have requested permission to speak with Vikings assistant general manager George Paton, but it is still unknown whether he will interview with them. He turned the Jets down in 2013 and ’15 when they requested interviews.

The GM search is being led by Gase, team CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson and team vice president Hymie Elhai.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Wonder if Adam Gase even has a job without Peyton Manning.