stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Nasher likes the two underdogs in the NFL playoff games.

Went 1-1 yesterday, made a slight profit as the Dallas wager was smaller.
    Indy covered easily for me, and I took a butt stinging brutal bad beat in the Dallas game.

For the week (and you can look it up) I'm 8-2 which I'm kind of proud of.

LA Chargers +3 (-105 reduced 5Dimes)
    Eagles +6.5 (-105 reduced 5Dimes)

As I mentioned yesterday, rookie and second year QB's don't usually win playoff games.
    The playoffs are a totally different animal then say a week six game against say Denver or Arizona.
    Case in point, Watson was not very good yesterday as Luck ran circles around him.

Chargers with Rivers has tons more experience then rookie Lamar Jackson.
    Rivers has 9 career postseason playoff starts compared to Jackson who has started only seven games total.
    Rivers s a top six, you can argue top five QB in the NFL, Jackson is not close.
    What Jackson does well is run the ball, Baltimore's running backs (Edwards and Dixon) are not really game changers, nor are their wide receivers. Now having said that the Ravens do average 152 yards rushing per game.
    Ravens do have the best defense in the AFC which goes a long way.
    Ravens also have an elite place kicker in Justin Turner, which is partially the reason why they average 24 points a game.

Chargers have all their skill offensive players healthy, while the Ravens do sport the AFC's best defense, they will have their hands full with TE Gates, WR's Allen (one of the leagues better wide outs) the two Williams, Mike and Tyrell, with Mike starting to come into his own, and one of the leagues better RB with Mel Gordon, who is one of those hybrid backs that can bust a run for 40 yards, and catch the ball out of the backfield like Matt Forte used to do. Hell Allen is the primary receiver but it was Gordon who was the second leading receiver on the team, with 50 receptions all out of the backfield and averaged 10 yards per catch. (9.8)

Feeling here is while Baltimore's defense is stellar, Chargers with Rivers and the rest can find a way to score, and although LA's defense isn't in the class as Baltimore's, they can keep that offense in check.

Chargers by 3
    Chargers +3 -105 2*

Briefly there's a few reasons why I like the Eagles today, and I can't stand that team being a lifelong Giants fan.

I can't fade the defending champs, Chicago while boasting the NFC's best defense starts a very inexperienced QB.
    6.5 points in my opinion is generous, plus the Eagles are coming in hot having won five of their last six.

Chicago 24-21
    Eagles +6.5 -105
    (this wager goes either 1* or 1.5* depending on the outcome of my Charger wager)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I doubt 0-2

2-0 so hard to do nfl

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    2-0 so hard to do nfl
    Don't I know it.
    There are three possible outcomes when making a sports wager, and two of them are good (win and a push) and one in bad (a loss)

Go get 'em Coach.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

Agree with OP here. GL.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    As I mentioned yesterday, rookie and second year QB's don't usually win playoff games.
    The playoffs are a totally different animal then say a week six game against say Denver or Arizona.
    Case in point, Watson was not very good yesterday as Luck ran circles around him.
    Case in point, Jackson's first half performance.
    If you're betting Chicago in the late game, do you feel comfortable with Trubinsky?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Nasherrrrr!

Nice hit on the first game

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Eagles win Nash

Good plays

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by gummo77 View Post
    nasherrrrr!

Nice hit on the first game
    Gummmmmmmmooooooooooooo

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Eagles win Nash

Good plays
    Thanks JV13.

Well, what do you know?
    A 2 point try that may actually work out for me.
    How come Dallas couldn't stuff Seattle at least once yesterday like the Eagles just did to "da Bears.