Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Buccaneers Have A Losing Culture Due To Players Like Brent Grimes

Grimes felt that his $7 million salary wasn’t enough for him to shadow number one receivers. Citing that other corners that shadow make $13-$15 million per season.

Grimes didn’t want to follow Antonio Brown and other top receivers because he was getting paid less than other cornerbacks, who mind you, are much younger.

“That just f***ed up my whole vibe for the whole year to be completely honest,” Grimes said.

The Buccaneers let Grimes play on one side of the field; the coaching staff never made him shadow anyone. They gave in to a 12-year veteran who wasn’t going to be on the team next season anyway.

Even when Tampa was eliminated from playoff contention, the Bucs continued to trot Grimes out there. A coaching staff with any backbone would have sat him on the bench and allowed a player who wants to prove himself to take the field.

-----------------------------------

Brent Grimes didn’t play in the second half against the Bears in Week 4.

Dirk Koetter told everyone it was to get Ryan Smith some reps.

Grimes believes it was for a reason far more ridiculous.

“They said [I was benched because] I was on my phone at halftime, which is true because I’m on my phone [at halftime] every game of my career,” Grimes said.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

his wife is a pain in the ass

If I was a future employer for Grimes, i'd insist that his wife stay off social media, she can be a major cancer.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    his wife is a pain in the ass

If I was a future employer for Grimes, i'd insist that his wife stay off social media, she can be a major cancer.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

His wife indeed is a major issue.

But the Bucs have problems all over the place.

Makes absolutely no sense that head coach Dirk Koetter gets canned but GM Jason Licht gets to stay when he's the one who has publicly made the calls on drafting all of the bums on this team, including Jameis Winston #1 overall and that 2nd rounder on kicker Aguayo.

Now Licht is telling the next Bucs coach, whoever that may be, that he MUST accept Winston as his QB!

Say what?!?

This guy STILL can't accept the fact he has blown pick after pick and can't put his pride aside and move on from Winston and forcing a new head coach to play him!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These guys just keep killing your teams players are all about themselves now and that’s why teams lose

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

same with steelers

clown show

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Whenever you hear the term "players coach" you know there will be trouble.

Rex Ryan, Tomlin, Koetter.....don't let the inmates run the asylum, you friggin' dopes!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Anytime someone's last name is "Grimes" can't really expect things to go smooth....

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Whenever you hear the term "players coach" you know there will be trouble.

Rex Ryan, Tomlin, Koetter.....don't let the inmates run the asylum, you friggin' dopes!
    Andy Reid is also referred to as a players coach. The problem in this case is Grimes being a selfish pos. Benching Grimes obviously wouldn't have made that defense play any better.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Useless franchise
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Useless franchise
    yah but owners made a good buy on manchester united so its all good

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Owner is a buffoon. He is going to destroy Manchester United if he doesn't get his shit together.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

So my question is this if we paid him more would we have gotten better results? Have a hard time believing hes that dumb if he wants to make more money next year that is determined by play this year. And this statement is taking money out of his pocket

@MikeBog80

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How many players of his type do you know that are not that dumb? You know why and I know why.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

his wife is the biggest C#nt on the face of the earth..what do you expect him to be?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

cant wait to see brent grimes contract for 2019

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Useless franchise

They should go back to Bucco Bruce and the orange creamsicle colored uniforms.....

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

excuses excuses

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Dirk Koetter may be going back to Atlanta. The Falcons offered the offensive coordinator position to Koetter, the former Buccaneers head coach and one-time Falcons OC.

If Koetter and the Falcons finalize the deal, he’ll take over for the vacancy left by the firing of Steve Sarkisian. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the job, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and experienced coach Mike Mularkey.

The Falcons stressed consistency this offseason and going back to the future with Koetter should help achieve that goal.

“We’re not having wholesale changes on how we play in terms of a system,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said last week. “Not only is it important for the players and the staff, but also for Thomas (Dimitroff) and his staff as well in terms of the players that we’re scouting for, to fit the system. I think adaptability is probably the top factor going in.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Bucs are focusing on hiring former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians as their new coach and the strong interest is mutual. Negotiations are likely to begin soon.