Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

Matt Stafford and the Lions

Any chance my lions find a way to move Stafford, or is his contract just to much for any other team to want to take on? I have finally after all these years he has been in Detroit, figured out that he is just an average (albeit a stats whore) quarterback that cannot lead an average team to anything more than mediocrity . Great qb's make average players great, and great players- superstars. He hasnt always had great players around him, but over his career in the D, he has had many great skill players around him and has never done more than make the playoffs and couple times and get bounced in the 1st round. Im over stafford at this point, but dont know if there is anything better out there to be had?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Their o line has always been really bad

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

no, i agree with that. But at the same time I think he makes his o-line look worse then they really are. He has no 6th sense about him. good qb's feel that pressure coming off the corner and step up into the pocket to buy time/get the ball out before getting sacked. he drops back 5 -7 steps and plants himself there, and does not move until he throws the ball or gets sacked.

I don't think there is better available, nevermind the fact we would need to find someone to dump his contract on. dunno, just pulling at straws i guess. So damn tired of the lions going 6-10 to 9-7 <<< (the good years, when everyone in the area jumps on the bandwagon and deem the lions superbowl contenders haha) and going on vacation after getting sent home in the 1st round.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Some chatter that JAX would look for a QB in off-season. Stafford + Eli have been linked there.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Oilers ml.