PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nick Saban: NFL players have a “right” to protest during anthem

`
    Getty Images

A caller to Nick Saban’s radio show this week identified himself as a retired veteran before asking the Alabama coach what he thinks of NFL players who use the national anthem to protest social injustice and police brutality. Saban again talked about a divided nation, a topic he addressed earlier in the week in his media session.

“First of all, I’m just a football coach,” Saban said, via a transcript from USA Today. “I don’t have all the answers to all the problems that we have in society. The one thing that’s a little disappointing to me is something that has always been really unifying, something that created spirit in our country and was very unifying is no longer that way. That’s a little bothersome to me.

“I don’t think that what these people are doing is in any way, shape or form meant to disrespect a veteran or somebody like yourself who has worked so hard, fought so hard and sacrificed so much for all of us to have the quality of life that we want to have. But one of the things that you also fought for and made sacrifice for was that we could all have the freedom to have a choice in terms of what we believe, what we do and what we said. This is not something . . . and, look, I respect people’s individual rights.

“I have my opinions in terms of what I would do and how I would do it. I’m not one ever to disrespect the symbols that represent the values of our country. I also respect individual differences that other people have and they have the right to express those — whether it’s our players or somebody else, whether I agree or disagree, I do think they have the right to do that.”

Saban said teams were an example of players rallying together for a common cause despite their differences.

“I don’t keep up with that stuff as much as everybody else does, especially during the season, especially when we’re playing games,” Saban told beat reporters. “But to me, some of the things that we do in our country, when I grew up, they were unifying events. It’s a little painful to see that those things are not so right now.”

UPDATE: An original version of the article said the quotes were from this week. The story from 2017 is making the rounds on social media today, but the quotes actually were from 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...during-anthem/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has to say that or we won’t be able to recruit black players

These guys are such phonies they pretend

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Like I said before, I don't care what they do during the anthem, I just don't want to see highlights of what they did during the game.

PAULYPOKER

This was one year ago!!!

Lol...........

UPDATE: An original version of the article said the quotes were from this week. The story from 2017 is making the rounds on social media today, but the quotes actually were from 2017.

Talk about combing the desert

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

I agree with Kermit, I don't care about what happens during the national anthem, just wanna watch football.

NutzFing
    You see me b4 I get there
    NutzFing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

eff saban in his ass

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He has to say that or we won’t be able to recruit black players

These guys are such phonies they pretend
    or they are obvioulsy intelligent???

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Talk about combing the desert

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s Why trump going to win in a landslide that’s all we need to know

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Why start a thread like this?

Sure they have the right to protest but it doesn't make it right and it's not. It's disrespectful.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

The New Orleans Saints embarrassed the New York Giants on Sunday in New Jersey, taking Eli Manning and Co. down 33-18.

As rough as that was, this moment of unity from the two fan bases is nothing short of incredible. Before things got underway, fans stood for the National Anthem. One disabled Giants fan was having trouble doing so, so this outstanding Saints fan decided to help out.

Simply incredible.

Though often times fights in the stands are highlighted on social media, how sweet is it to see a pair of fellas, from different fan bases, unite for this special moment.

Props to the New Orleans fan. He didn't give a damn the man struggling loves the Giants. That was the last thing on his mind.