Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Jim Mora Would Pick Sam Darnold Before His Former QB Josh Rosen

Jim Mora made headlines last week when he said on NFL Network that if he were making the Cleveland Browns' pick at No. 1, he would select USC quarterback Sam Darnold over his former UCLA QB, Josh Rosen.

Mora cited "fit" and "blue-collar, gritty attitude" for why Darnold was better for the Browns than Rosen, whom he coached with the Bruins the past three seasons. Mora was fired by UCLA in November.

In an interview Sunday with Sports Illustrated, Mora stood by his opinion that Darnold is a better fit for the Browns. He added that he believes Rosen "is the No. 1 quarterback in the draft" and a "franchise-changer," but said that the team that drafts him will need to challenge him.

"He needs to be challenged intellectually so he doesn't get bored. He's a millennial. He wants to know why. Millennials, once they know why, they're good. Josh has a lot of interests in life. If you can hold his concentration level and focus only on football for a few years, he will set the world on fire. He has so much ability, and he's a really good kid," Mora told Sports Illustrated.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

surfer kid from la with ADD is definitely what i think of when i picture "blue-collar, gritty attitude"

not to mention mora is as worthless as possible

another great qb characteristic is needing to keep some fucktard kids' attention

i swear these guys could look into the future and receive a 99% bust likelihood report and still trade up to take a qb

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

all BS dont i believe a word any of these ass clowns say

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

And that's why Jim Mora was fired.

Complete moron.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mora lol

Never been relevant any time in his life

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

He's trying to do Rosen a solid and make sure he doesn't go to the Browns.

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this?

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Nothing special about Rosen- the guy is a bust- play in a garbage conference that doesn’t play defense

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Rosen is your typical big mouth ultra liberal afraid to get hit QB. His injury history suggests that he will not last 5 years in the NFL. This makes him the perfect pick for the JETS, who could not pick a good QB if they had just two options.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Darnold is too young to be in this draft.
    Kid isn't even old enough to buy a beer yet.
    If he is thrown to the wolves too soon, it could ruin him.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    He's trying to do Rosen a solid and make sure he doesn't go to the Browns.Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this?
    This is comical...

Do you know anything about draft slotting? This isn't like 25 years ago when John Elway could pressure teams not to draft him, else he'd go play baseball. Players want to go first (damn what team takes them) because that's your money son. Do you really think he would prefer going to Buffalo instead of Cleveland? Do you really think he would turn down $30 million, $20 million guaranteed to go to another team let's say Buffalo where he would make half of that? Or maybe he'd prefer to go to Pittsburgh where he'd make $4.9 million guaranteed. Do you know the difference between $20 mill and $5 mill over the same length of time?

If you don't make your money on the front end, you are going to have to work your ass off for most likely 3 years to then get paid. The average career span in the NFL... 2.8 years. Most won't even make it to their 2nd contract. My wifes cousin is in his 2nd year in the league and ain't making shit. He basically has to ride out this year, pray he doesn't get hurt, so that he can reup. The NFL is a cruel place. You better get what you can, while you can. If I'm Rosen, I'm kicking Mora's ass. 3 things I don't like anyone fukkking with and my money is all 3 of them. I don't see anyone wanting to ever play for this guy ever again.

Ralphie Halves

I don't even know where to start here, Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Do you know anything about draft slotting? This isn't like 25 years ago when John Elway could pressure teams not to draft him, else he'd go play baseball. Players want to go first (damn what team takes them) because that's your money son.
    Are you a chigger from SoCal circa 2008? Just asking. I haven't heard anyone talk like that in awhile.

Do you really think he would prefer going to Buffalo instead of Cleveland? Do you really think he would turn down $30 million, $20 million guaranteed to go to another team let's say Buffalo where he would make half of that? Or maybe he'd prefer to go to Pittsburgh where he'd make $4.9 million guaranteed. Do you know the difference between $20 mill and $5 mill over the same length of time?
    I sure do! But I'm looking at the potential for much more than that down the road. I'll explain in a bit.
    First off, I love how you think if he doesn't go to Cleveland, he'll automatically fall to Buffalo at 12. Teams trade up, and there are a few teams before Buffalo that could take him and it would make some sense. A lot of things can happen.

Cleveland is where QBs go to die and run for their lives, even with Hue Jackson there, who is supposed to be this great offensive mind. Buffalo not great with this either, but like I said before, it's not like it's gonna be one or the other.

If you don't make your money on the front end, you are going to have to work your ass off for most likely 3 years to then get paid. The average career span in the NFL... 2.8 years. Most won't even make it to their 2nd contract. My wifes cousin is in his 2nd year in the league and ain't making shit. He basically has to ride out this year, pray he doesn't get hurt, so that he can reup. The NFL is a cruel place. You better get what you can, while you can. If I'm Rosen, I'm kicking Mora's ass. 3 things I don't like anyone fukkking with and my money is all 3 of them. I don't see anyone wanting to ever play for this guy ever again.
    This is a good blueprint if you grew up broke and have no faith in your ability to make it in the league. If you grew up in poverty, yes, take as much money as you can and let the chips fall. This is also a good blueprint if you're a 5th round pick or something like that, because then your scenario applies. Most 1st rd QBs have a brighter future than what you're describing.

And believe it or not, a lot of top-end players understand the long game. Where you go is important down the road. If you're a top QB, you can have a 15 year career ahead of you if you're as good as advertised. Don't go to Cleveland where you can get ruined. Take your chances on getting picked up by a team that can develop QBs, give you a decent OL, put you in a position for better endorsements, etc. You want 30 mil now, or 200+ mil later? It's a gamble, but one worth taking for a lot of people.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Darnold made a million turnovers in college. Rosen in a choirboy Jewish kid. No wonder Mora got fired lmao... I wouldn't pick Darnold in the first 3 rounds.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Mora is easily one of the worst fb coaches in recent history. He could coach the current Pats roster to a 3-13 record.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I don't even know where to start here, Mac.Are you a chigger from SoCal circa 2008? Just asking. I haven't heard anyone talk like that in awhile.

You obviously don't watch sports much. SVP has a segment where they say that saying every night.

But I'm looking at the potential for much more than that down the road. I'll explain in a bit.First off, I love how you think if he doesn't go to Cleveland, he'll automatically fall to Buffalo at 12. Teams trade up, and there are a few teams before Buffalo that could take him and it would make some sense. A lot of things can happen.
    If he doesn't go first, he could go last? No one knows when he goes and he could drop like a rock into later rounds and be totally assed out to ANY guaranteed money. Any bad news prior to a draft can be devastating to a player. I can list many examples where a guy got caught on social media or arrested or bad press plummeted his stock right before the draft. That guy ends up with no guarantee money then have a career ending injury. This happens every week in the NFL.

Cleveland is where QBs go to die and run for their lives, even with Hue Jackson there, who is supposed to be this great offensive mind. Buffalo not great with this either, but like I said before, it's not like it's gonna be one or the other.
    What the fukk does Cleveland have to do with you? Nothing because you obviously aren't a top tiered QB. You most likely never played football nor understand what the draft means to your financial future.

This is a good blueprint if you grew up broke and have no faith in your ability to make it in the league. If you grew up in poverty, yes, take as much money as you can and let the chips fall. This is also a good blueprint if you're a 5th round pick or something like that, because then your scenario applies. Most 1st rd QBs have a brighter future than what you're describing.
    WTF are you talking about? 99% of football players grew up broke and NONE of them should have faith in their ability to make it in the league. NONE! I don't give a shit what you did in college. You could be an All American, even a Heisman award winner, YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED to make an NFL roster. Are you fukking serious? How many people in the world end up a 1st round NFL QB? They don't fukkking grow on trees. And he one's that do are still out of the league in less than 3 years. Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees are anomalies.

And believe it or not, a lot of top-end players understand the long game. Where you go is important down the road. If you're a top QB, you can have a 15 year career ahead of you if you're as good as advertised. Don't go to Cleveland where you can get ruined. Take your chances on getting picked up by a team that can develop QBs, give you a decent OL, put you in a position for better endorsements, etc. You want 30 mil now, or 200+ mil later? It's a gamble, but one worth taking for a lot of people.
    You are fukkking nuts. You clearly don't know a damn thing about football and the NFL. What long game are you talking about? The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG. Last I checked the Browns paycheck cashes just as good as any other NFL team. Ask Joe Thomas. Most QBs get ruined WHEREVER they go. Only a handful will make it. No club is going to give you a decent OL. You are not giving shit. You have to earn anything you get in the NFL. This is not charity. Unless you are a top 10 QB, you are fukking expendable.

Here's a list of late 1st round, 2nd round QBs. I think I see 1 NFL starter out of the bunch. Can you imagine how difficult it is for a QB drafted later?
    JP Losman
    Kellen Clemens
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne
    Pat White
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Brandond Weeden
    Brock Osweiler
    Geno Smith
    Johnny Manziel

If you are not drafted at the top, you are a project and your future is a gamble. Mora is a little bitch messing with a man's livelihood.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 04-07-18 at 04:25 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol mora loves rosen, he'd do anything for him not to get drafted by the qb abyss in cleveland... and i don't blame mora.

Ralphie Halves

Sam Darnold already said he doesn't want to go there either. They must all be idiots.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

As a QB in 2018 it makes no difference if you go 1 or 5
    Same money
    Nobody wants to go to Cleveland

That being said, a loser like Mora should just STFU

Ralphie Halves

You are fukkking nuts. You clearly don't know a damn thing about football and the NFL. What long game are you talking about? The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG. Last I checked the Browns paycheck cashes just as good as any other NFL team. Ask Joe Thomas. Most QBs get ruined WHEREVER they go. Only a handful will make it. No club is going to give you a decent OL. You are not giving shit. You have to earn anything you get in the NFL. This is not charity. Unless you are a top 10 QB, you are fukking expendable.

Here's a list of late 1st round, 2nd round QBs. I think I see 1 NFL starter out of the bunch. Can you imagine how difficult it is for a QB drafted later?
    JP Losman
    Kellen Clemens
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne
    Pat White
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Brandond Weeden
    Brock Osweiler
    Geno Smith
    Johnny Manziel

If you are not drafted at the top, you are a project and your future is a gamble. Mora is a little bitch messing with a man's livelihood.
    I don't watch ESPN shows anymore. SVP is good though. He's also in his 50s, not sure I'd be taking lingo cues from him to use in online arguments.

Nice list! So we're talking late 1st/early 2nd round QBs, are we? Real convenient to exclude Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Derek Carr from your list by the way. You could put Flacco there too, depending on your definition of "late".

And most of those people on your "list" had long careers by NFL standards. That's what I'm talking about. Not For Long applies more to lower round picks and guys who play higher-impact positions like RB.

Is this making any sense to you?

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

The men can’t be honest ?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Rosen and Darnold were both average at best QB's in a pathetic conference that plays no defense
    They are both projects and a smart team would never waste a top pick on either one of them
    The Bears traded up for that clown from NC who will be lucky to be in the league in 3 yrs
    The days of the stud college QB being worth a top pick are long gone

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Rosen family are billionares.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Rosen family are billionares.
    Ding Ding Ding (maybe not billionaires, but still).

Mac: "You'd pass on 30 million in Cleveland to take 20 million elsewhere??"

Josh: "Uhh yeah, I'm already rich. Is that even a real question?"

Mac: "That's crazy! I'd never do something like that! It's 30 million dollars!!"

Josh: "You're not me, son."

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

He's trying to do Rosen a solid and make sure he doesn't go to the Browns.
    Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this?
    Agreed. My immediate response.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Pats didn’t trade Jimmy G to Browns because Bill likes the kid and didn’t want to ruin his career. I don’t think Mora is smart enough to be doing this to help Rosen. He is dogging Rosen to make him the scapegoat for his shit record as a head coach.

1st rd Rookie qbs all make good money on first deal. Going to an abortion of a franchise like the Browns will weaken a kid’s future contract numbers. I don’t blame a kid for not wanting to play there.

Neither Darnold or Rosen are ready to step into a huddle and lead an offense effectively anyways.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Ralphie and Mac get a room and get it over with already

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

“There’s no excuse for how I played out there,” Darnold said, via NJ.com. “I’ve got to play better. … I’ve just got to be sharper. I have to have a better plan once I get to the line of scrimmage. I’ve just got to know exactly where to go with the ball, and if one or two is not there [in the read progression], go to three. I’ve just got to have a better plan.”

It’s the third rough outing in a row for Darnold, who now has 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions on the season. That’s led to three straight losses and increasing frustrations for the Jets.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

both not looking great

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

both garbage