jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Decline Of NBA And NFL Interest And Here Is Why

Any order

Technology at home
    Embedding Democratic beliefs into the sports
    Embedded to many black personalities on tv/radio/media to cover these sports
    Embedded too much ghetto behavior in the game

These 4 things to do not relate the majority of viewership

I am an authority on the subject
    Points Awarded:

coanwe gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: triplecrown333

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Anyone who doesn't believe there's been a decline in interest with these 2 sports, especially the NFL, is in denial.

They are lucky that 40% of their 'fans' only follow because of sports betting.
    Points Awarded:

arie1985 gave Hman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: arie1985

jjgold

I still follow of course technology wise but actually watching my viewership is way down

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14977

Nothing to do with the integrity of the sport

GzaTheGenius

Oh wait yeah

jjgold

Even guys like Popovich are killing the product people don’t want to hear about his political views in sports

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2000

I think everyone agrees the lefty politics being pushed by both leagues every chance they get are super annoying and over the top but if you actually stop following them because of that than you are beinga triggered snowflake

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I still follow of course technology wise but actually watching my viewership is way down
    Proly why ur sports betting record in the dumper.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5266

Sports betting and the advent of fantasy is keeping these leagues in the black. Who the hell would watch a Pirates versus Phillies game if you weren't from PA...and even if you were? But if I've got a $50 bet with a guy at a bar I'm in.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

This is the way I see it.

Corporations fill the seats and do all the donations and sponsorship.(whites)

The leagues take that for granted but at the same time with the expanded immigration influx the leagues know they have a whole new generation of folks that will buy the jerseys and the shoes etc.

The NBA also is aware that without gambling the game isn't interesting. The NFL is reluctant to do that. The NFL is falling off the map and the possibility of it going back up is non existent on the product alone. There was a time when the product was good enough to watch but that passed when the league designed itself to be weak.

Baseball has one advantage that the others don't. They have all the good weather and games everyday during a time when no other sports are really going on. It's still not that bad to go to a ball game once or twice a season and have a few beers and a hotdog.

I grew up watching hockey and love the sport and for excitement it's probably the best but up here in Toronto the games are way too expensive.

The biggest factor that never existed in the past is that the players have way too much power now through social media.

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO

The decline in my opinion has to do with every year it being the same teams in the finals. In basketball there's a lot of young talent that should sustain the sport as for football, I find it boring, to be honest unless the Dolphins are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Sports betting and the advent of fantasy is keeping these leagues in the black. Who the hell would watch a Pirates versus Phillies game if you weren't from PA...and even if you were? But if I've got a $50 bet with a guy at a bar I'm in.
    Who wouldn't watch Pirates vs Phillies? Are you kidding me? Glasnow and Taillon vs Nola, Eickhoff, Efliln, Velasquez and Morgan? Are you kidding me? Can't wait, both teams are awesome, baybeh with a capital "A".

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

every white guy on tv/radio has to suck black rooster or their careers are over

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9058

In many areas, kids are just not as interested in sports. They rather play video games or eat tide pods. Our work use to sponsor many local youth leagues and almost all have slowly disappeared because the lack of sign ups.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
    The decline in my opinion has to do with every year it being the same teams in the finals. In basketball there's a lot of young talent that should sustain the sport as for football, I find it boring, to be honest unless the Dolphins are playing.

Who wouldn't watch Pirates vs Phillies? Are you kidding me? Glasnow and Taillon vs Nola, Eickhoff, Efliln, Velasquez and Morgan? Are you kidding me? Can't wait, both teams are awesome, baybeh with a capital "A".
    They will both lose 90 plus games

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

liberal f@ggotry is the downfall of everything, no doubt...that's not even a question

but i think the 24 hour news cycle causes less interest in most things...nothing feels big anymore and it's just 1 of a million other things going on

as i kid, i could tell you year and team of every super bowl and world series winner...how many here could name 5 of the last 10 years of champions now? i have no idea outside of the pats like 5 times

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Most of the blacks in the NBA are tatted up and with corn rows.. It's certainly not something I want to see when turning on sports games everyday.. I feel like I'm in prison watching play ground ball..

Yep if it weren't for gambling I'd be watching something else probably... When they interview some of these players after the games some can barely speak English.. Oh and that Yo yo yo players only crap is garbage too. NBA is a disgrace... I couldn't even watch the all star game this year.. Couldn't stomach it...

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5266

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This is the way I see it.

Corporations fill the seats and do all the donations and sponsorship.(whites)

The leagues take that for granted but at the same time with the expanded immigration influx the leagues know they have a whole new generation of folks that will buy the jerseys and the shoes etc.

The NBA also is aware that without gambling the game isn't interesting. The NFL is reluctant to do that. The NFL is falling off the map and the possibility of it going back up is non existent on the product alone. There was a time when the product was good enough to watch but that passed when the league designed itself to be weak.

Baseball has one advantage that the others don't. They have all the good weather and games everyday during a time when no other sports are really going on. It's still not that bad to go to a ball game once or twice a season and have a few beers and a hotdog.

I grew up watching hockey and love the sport and for excitement it's probably the best but up here in Toronto the games are way too expensive.

The biggest factor that never existed in the past is that the players have way too much power now through social media.
    LB, I grew up watching hockey, played it at a fairly high level, but here's my issue with today's game. The randomness of it all. What I mean is that the rinks are too small to house the bigger players with longer reaches which diminishes the ability to pass and get clean shots off. Meanwhile the goalie pads are so freaking big that many of the goals are deflections that were never intended to deflect. Pinball goals I call them. It seems the passes are always broken up and the shots are rarely clean to the net. Bigger rinks will never happen as it's too costly but maybe 4 v 4 (player's union won't allow it) and shrink the goalie pads or expand the cages.

reigle9

hockey by far the best live sport outside of big school cfb games

GzaTheGenius

LB, I grew up watching hockey, played it at a fairly high level, but here's my issue with today's game. The randomness of it all. What I mean is that the rinks are too small to house the bigger players with longer reaches which diminishes the ability to pass and get clean shots off. Meanwhile the goalie pads are so freaking big that many of the goals are deflections that were never intended to deflect. Pinball goals I call them. It seems the passes are always broken up and the shots are rarely clean to the net. Bigger rinks will never happen as it's too costly but maybe 4 v 4 (player's union won't allow it) and shrink the goalie pads or expand the cages.
    Ehh I disagree , bigger ice makes for a slower more boring hockey

Pads I agree, teams should just slap pads on a sumo wrestler and have him sit in the net

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    liberal f@ggotry is the downfall of everything, no doubt...that's not even a question

but i think the 24 hour news cycle causes less interest in most things...nothing feels big anymore and it's just 1 of a million other things going on

as i kid, i could tell you year and team of every super bowl and world series winner...how many here could name 5 of the last 10 years of champions now? i have no idea outside of the pats like 5 times
    The ultimate problem these days is everything is so damn polarized into left and right, black and white. We all seemed to be trained to hate each other. Makes me sick.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Swinging J has got a good point

Players today in the nba are so much more athletic in evey facet than players when the court dimensions were initially designed

Making courts bigger would force players to actually play basketball instead of firing 3 pointers on the reg from half court or take 1 dribble in from the half court line and dunk

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Goalie pads are to big in Hockey, I AGREE!!!!.. Should shrink them to half the size to promote more scoring and that will make the game more exciting.. It's tough to get that puck thru all that padding these days for sure, especially if it's a big man to begin with....

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Most of the blacks in the NBA are tatted up and with corn rows.. It's certainly not something I want to see when turning on sports games everyday.. I feel like I'm in prison watching play ground ball..

Yep if it weren't for gambling I'd be watching something else probably... When they interview some of these players after the games some can barely speak English.. Oh and that Yo yo yo players only crap is garbage too. NBA is a disgrace... I couldn't even watch the all star game this year.. Couldn't stomach it...

exactly..years ago black pros did not look like fukkin prisoners

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It’s the politicalization of sports

theres a reason the nfl pulled the draft off Espn

reigle9

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

I agree the pads are too big I guess but they say the players shoot harder now. The bigger rink thing would be like the Olympics and that would make the game more European and as the North Americans control the game that won't happen. I hate changing basic Staples of games like net size though. That's a no go. I think increasing the width of the rinks by 4 feet would be something they can try. The lack of space behind the nets is awful as well.

NBA needs to get rid of the 3 point shot. It's ruined the game

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Any order

Technology at home
    Embedding Democratic beliefs into the sports
    Embedded to many black personalities on tv/radio/media to cover these sports
    Embedded too much ghetto behavior in the game

These 4 things to do not relate the majority of viewership

I am an authority on the subject
    this is probably true

but might be racist

deserves a ban

Slevin07
    Slevin07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 676

Whats the average age of posters here, 40 and over? I'm younger and don't got all the issues with what is posted here. NFL did get softer which sucks, but in some aspects it had to once concussion stuff become more well known.

They reduced size of goalie equipment years ago in NHL, it had really got out of control. Still bigger then previously but goalies are just better now then the 80's. Space in basketball and hockey with bigger players, I understand the arguments for. I'm also a Leaf fan, so I still see plenty of goal scoring.

NBA being too focused on 3 point shooting is an issue.

I don't see the problem with people speaking out about Trump. I'm not american and view him as a jackass.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: theSleeper

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin07 View Post
    I don't see the problem with people speaking out about Trump. I'm not american and view him as a jackass.
    This is the problem. You're not american so you have 0.0% chance of understanding reality. All you see, read, and hear is what the godfukkin braindead media tells you to think.

You have 0 fukkin chance of understanding reality.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Underdog5229

reigle9

People from america that think how you do, are just as irrational because they're young and have been brainwashed in schools for 20 years.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shocka1212

Slevin07
    Slevin07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 676

This is the problem. You're not american so you have 0.0% chance of understanding reality. All you see, read, and hear is what the godfukkin braindead media tells you to think.

I'm from Canada and know a few Americans. Been across the border. I'm not from a different galaxy.

Not a fan of Hilary or Trump, it's not about democrat or republican with me. I call Trump a jackass, strictly for his actions. His tweets are his tweets, you can't say those have been doctored by the media.

reigle9

ugh, ok

think whatever you want, some dude on the internet describing reality isn't going to change your opinion

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Trump hate media brainwashes Americans as well.. If you turn on the news all you hear and see is how Trump is a racist and a horrible President... Mean while America is getting better and better under his watch.. Economy and everything else doing great...

MAGA!!!! America is winning under Trump right now... I think he's doing a great job...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The evolution of the black man and woman.. Soul train!!! I think they danced better back then rather then today.. No corn rows or sagging jeans either.. Just saying...

123 Last