Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson Killed By Drunk Driver

INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed early Sunday morning after being hit by a suspected drunken driver along the side of Interstate 70 in Indianapolis, according to the Indiana State Police Department.

Jackson and another person, Jeffery Monroe of Avon, were stopped along the side of I-70 when Monroe, who was believed to be a ride-sharing operator driving Jackson, got out of the car to help Jackson, who was sick. The driver of a Ford F-150 drove onto the emergency shoulder and hit the rear of the car, striking both Jackson and Monroe, with one of the bodies landing in the center lane of I-70, according to a release from the Indiana State Police.

State trooper Ty Mays, who was in the area, reported to the scene after seeing the accident on the side of the road. In the process of slowing down, he hit the body of the victim who was in the center lane.

Monroe and Jackson were pronounced dead at the scene by the Marion County Coroner's Office. Monroe was 54; Jackson was 26.

Alex Cabrera Gonsales, 37, of Indianapolis, was arrested after trying to flee the scene on foot, according to the Indiana State Police. Gonsales was driving without a license and was believed to be intoxicated, according to police.

"We were heartbroken to hear the news of Edwin Jackson's passing," the Colts said in a statement. "Edwin was loved by all in the Colts organization. We admired his outgoing personality, competitive spirit and hard-working mentality. He was well-respected among all with whom he crossed paths, and he will be greatly missed in our locker room and throughout our entire organization. We also understand that another person lost his life in the accident, only adding to our sorrow on this day. We are shocked and saddened by this tragedy, and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of both men during this difficult time."

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

RIP

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

sad

guy is doing the right thing by taking an Uber because he drank too much, stops to puke and now he and his driver are dead now because of some illegal with no insurance or license drunk on Modelo

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Thought he was a pitcher.

RIP

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Just got done reading about this. Pretty sad story.

slayer14

Why on this day did this have to happen

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

RIP Jeffrey Monroe....

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

RIP Edwin

dude got to play a lot in 2016 season and he gave it his all on every play

he got to live his dream to the fullest those days

gone way too soon

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

My advice to you is not get on the shoulder of the interstate at 4:00 am. This could have happened even with a sober driver. I have seen many people die on the shoulder of the interstate.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Jesus, this is horrific................

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    My advice to you is not get on the shoulder of the interstate at 4:00 am. This could have happened even with a sober driver. I have seen many people die on the shoulder of the interstate.
    Yep you get to the next exit. Uber driver was just thinking he didn't want puke in his car

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Damn drunks should get death penalty when they do this

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Damn drunks should get death penalty when they do this
    I would like to also see MUCH harsher penalties for people that get caught driving without a license.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

so fukkin dumb

just string this piece of shit driver up

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Agreed, never, ever, stop a car off an interstate, I don't care if you drive on your rim, or 4 people barf in your car. Unless the car can't move. See too many of these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

wow so senseless and tragic

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

It's official. The son of a bitch that killed him is an illegal that has been deported twice.

slayer14

Yeah if you need to vomit just vomit on your t shirt never stop on side of motorway.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    It's official. The son of a bitch that killed him is an illegal that has been deported twice.
    Sad thing is nobody here sees that this piece of shit is the real problem. Everyone blaming the driver for pulling over in the wrong place. Split second decision for some guy that can’t hold his liquor.

sucks that both guys were killed and the illegal fukk is the true problem here

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Watched him play at Southern

RIP

slayer14

Where is the illegal from

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The suspected drunk driver accused of killing two people, including Colts player Edwin Jackson, is an undocumented immigrant and has previously been deported two times, once in 2007 and again in 2009, according to Indiana State Police.

Detectives have determined the driver of the Ford F-150 was using the alias Alex Cabrera Gonsales. They say his given name is Manuel Orrego-Savala, 37, and he is a citizen of Guatemala by birth.

Police believe Orrego-Savala was intoxicated and was driving without a license. He was transported to the Marion County Jail. Court documents show a breath test was administered at the scene, and Orrego-Savala tested at 0.239 percent blood-alcohol content (BAC). This is about three times the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

State police investigators are working with U.S. Federal Immigration Officials and they have placed a hold on Orrego-Savala.

“He used an alias, but one that he has used enough to leave a paper trail with that alias,” said ISP Sgt. John Perrine.

Court records show the same suspect, again using the name Gonsales, was charged with driving without a license last year in Boone county.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Rep. Todd Rokita (R-IN04) issued this statement:

"The loss of life at the hands of illegal immigrant criminals should make all Hoosiers sad and ultimately angry. We must do more to get these dangerous illegal immigrant criminals off of our streets, and guarantee this never happens again by building a wall, ending sanctuary cities, and stopping illegal immigration once and for all."

Faith in Indiana (formerly IndyCAN) issued this statement:

"We are sending our heartfelt condolences to the family of Edwin Jackson. While his death is tragic and certainly untimely, our focus must be on ending drunk-driving, not making this a political issue. The tragedy here is that this young man lost his life due to the negligence of someone who decided to drive under the influence. It was a horrible decision and this decision could have been made by anyone, regardless of legal status. What we should not do is minimize the loss of life by politicizing the driver’s immigration status. Legal status is not the culprit here; drunk driving is. At this time, the only thing we should be focusing on is supporting and loving Mr. Jackson's family and all families impacted by such a tragic loss of life."

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

The second I saw the name Alex Cabrera Gonsales followed by him fleeing the scene I didn't need anyone to tell me he was an illegal. Liberals will probably fight for this guy, they don't want to lose a voter.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...State trooper Ty Mays, who was in the area, reported to the scene after seeing the accident on the side of the road. In the process of slowing down, he hit the body of the victim who was in the center lane...
    Fuk.

Sad story all around.

RIP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Where is the illegal from
    Does it matter? Build the wall and deport them all!!!! Don't let them comeback time and time again to commit murder.. Too easy...

If we had secure borders and STRICT deportation laws this football player would still be alive.. Plain and simple..

I think if you are deported once and then caught again you should get 1 year in prison..