MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Don't forget 1988 the Darren Nelson out route from the 3 yard line at Washington.... A/C missed the call, left Darrel Green knock down pass.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

the same iq of the dbs who intercept a long pass on 4th down instead of letting the ball drop and getting better field positon let him catch the ball tackle him game over

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave mngambler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Am I the only one to have a coronary when they trickled players back on the field to attempt the extra point ? Thankfully they kneeled ...had saints +5.5

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17549

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    how there are not two deep safeties preventing any deep play is beyond me
    They could not afford 2 deep safeties as my Vikings were looking for a 1st down and a potential field goal distance. It was good defensive scheme by Saints, just No 43 blew it, Diggs was going down on expiring clock. I have watched it about 50 times and can't believe this happened. Payback for all devastating losses we've had in the past.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

5 yards from ob, corner had the ob covered until safety took him out. I feel sorry for the saints fans. Tough way to lose.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post

Nice

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guys just a dumb mother fukker

Nothing else to say

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    They left time on the clock.
    N.O. needed to roll out Brees on that 3rd/1 w/25 seconds left. ANYTHING to get the yard.
    Then they kick with 1 second left.
    Take the ball out of the opponents hands.Game over.
    I said it right as it went through. Still time to do something crazy.
    Long PI penalty, any shit could happen. Plus that Minny kicker was BOOMING them down the middle.
    As I recall Minn still had one TO left at that juncture. They would have used it. Would have been a lot tougher though for them to score. Minn used the TO on the first play after they got the ball back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

DB played the play like it was 1st qtr

Dumb mother fukker

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Absolutely inexcusable defense there.

Since MN burned it's TO early in that drive all NO had to do was rake away the sidelines.

One, just one, tackle in bounds forces MN hands and forces a 60+ yard FG if there is even time left.

NO did the one thing you can't do- gave up position on the sideline. In his attempt to make up for that error the dumb MoFo went for the upheaval chop instead of simple grabbing Riggs legs and holding him up right there on spot.

For his part, Williams then takes out the only other man on the field that can save the game, much like a Tecmo Bowl player popcorning his own man.

Just a comedy of errors.

For the record I was a NO ML back here despite my avatar.

I did not think MN would hit 24 pts and frankly that's what you need to beat NO.

Turns out, they shouldn't have.

This as I was still licking wounds from my Jax -9 loss the week prior given that they hold Buff to 3 points, can't cover, then drop 45 on Pitt..... FML

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    As I recall Minn still had one TO left at that juncture. They would have used it. Would have been a lot tougher though for them to score. Minn used the TO on the first play after they got the ball back.
    Correct. But if the Saints got the 1st, they would have easily been able to run the clock down with a couple runs.
    They also had a timeout for the FG attempt.

Brees/Payton should have done a better job.

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2322

was on saints ml and couldn't believe my eyes. gotta just accept we got burned and move on, and be happy for vikings fans

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

what i posted in jj thread
    half assss attempt at a tackle that ends up missing and knocking out the ONLY other player that has a chance to actually tackle him, results in ur teams season ending..... he was gang banged in the locker room 4 sure. rap da fuk up and if he gets out of bounce, make them kick a FG to beat u, he goes down in bounce GAME OVER!!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    the same iq of the dbs who intercept a long pass on 4th down instead of letting the ball drop and getting better field positon let him catch the ball tackle him game over
    2 words... incentives or escalators

More interceptions = more $$$

Do you really advise a DB to let a ball drop when it could cost him $500,000??? Even in college, guys pad their stats because they too are trying to get a contract one day. If you are a senior DB, do you want 8 INT's on your record or 5 INT's and 3 batted balls? On the one hand it may seem selfish but on the other hand, you better get your's because everyone else is getting paid but the player.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Ravens vs Denver afc championship game

Ravens end winning the super bowl that year against niners

Shit happens

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Nobody even talking about how they Falcons lost either. Had they not given up a FG at the end of the 1st half, because at idiot DB pulled off the worst catch attempt in NFL history, deflecting it 15 yards to an Eagles WR, they likely win too. Take away two of the worst DB plays you might ever see, and we're looking at a Falcons/Saints game next week.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Nobody even talking about how they Falcons lost either. Had they not given up a FG at the end of the 1st half, because at idiot DB pulled off the worst catch attempt in NFL history, deflecting it 15 yards to an Eagles WR, they likely win too. Take away two of the worst DB plays you might ever see, and we're looking at a Falcons/Saints game next week.
    Points Awarded:

Luckycharms2012 gave Fidel_CashFlow 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

This shit is all fixed for the Patriots to win another Super Bowl, it's very easy to see. I can count 3 games this season where the NFL gifted wins to the Patriots which basically gave them the 1st Rd bye and the seeding they have now. Look at the teams left, a bunch of inexperienced playoff teams and no big time QB's. Bortles? Fowles? Keenum? This is a joke, Pats come in and play the easiest team in the playoffs a rookie Mariotta with a bad coach. Just crown New England already and forget the Super Bowl this is worse than the NBA.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 01-15-18 at 10:35 AM.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Luckycharms2012 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Rookie mistake

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    This shit is all fixed for the Patriots to win another Super Bowl, it's very easy to see. I can count 3 games this season where the NFL gifted wins to the Patriots which basically gave them the 1st Rd bye and the seeding they have now. Look at the teams left, a bunch of inexperienced playoff teams and no big time QB's. Bortles? Fowles? Keenum? This is a joke, Pats come in and play the easiest team in the playoffs a rookie Mariotta with a bad coach. Just crown New England already and forget the Super Bowl this is worse than the NBA.
    so in other words you wanna see the same teams/same QB's every year? you must love the NBA...parity is what makes the NFL great imo

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

that shit was all set up man. Im glad i was on the right side

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    so in other words you wanna see the same teams/same QB's every year? you must love the NBA...parity is what makes the NFL great imo
    Look at QBs in the SB the last 15 years, especially the AFC between Manning, Roethelisberger and Brady. Very little parity, been that way for a while.

First 12