MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

MNF 6 rating

WOW

CBS rev way down in quarterly reporting - ad rev down citing NFL.

NBC reports same

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

In a season plagued with controversy over the U.S. national anthem, TV ratings for the Oct. 16 edition of “Monday Night Football,” which featured the Tennessee Titans in a win over the Indianapolis Colts continued to fall.

Citing Nielsen ratings, the ESPN game hit a season low “with a 6.1 in metered-market results.”

The rating is down 13 percent from the “the early numbers of the much tighter October 9th matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears.”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They got to get back to a dress code and I hair code most of these guys look like they just got out of prison it’s absolutely disgraceful

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They got to get back to a dress code and I hair code most of these guys look like they just got out of prison it’s absolutely disgraceful

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20012

Owners meeting today. Better come up with a plan to end this kneeling b.s. I have no confidence they will.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14977

Was a pretty shit game

With MLB playoffs on same time

What do you expect?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Will Lebron and Curry pull some kind of protest tonight?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7222

If your watched this you had a bet. Terrible matchup.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Was a pretty shit game

What do you expect?

how long is that excuse going to be used? Christ 80% of the games are crap, try this, take what you would consider the top 6 or 7 teams in the league and put those teams aside, now take the remaining teams and try to pick a matchup that isn't complete sh*t

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    NBA mandates standing for the anthem. Suspension otherwise.

jjgold

Baseball need to clean up their act too can’t have guys with long hair and beards people do not relate to any of that stuff we miss George SteinBrenner clean-cut and well dressed every player or you get cut off the team

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7222

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    NBA mandates standing for the anthem. Suspension otherwise.
    They won't suspend. Silver just getting ahead of the game. LeBron and curry won't kneel.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Curry just might get away with it (we all know why)

James...? Hell no , would be a PR disaster

Jay85
    Jay85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

No , NBA is more tight knit it's a little easier to get 10-12 players to agree on something rather than a 53 man NFL team. Don't think either LeBron or curry will do anything they are vocal enough about the situation off the court.

jjgold

They can’t do anything because the sponsor money whites control blacks never forget that

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The anthem was just the final straw

Nfl has been selfishly ruining the game slowly with more and more emphasis on reducing big hits to alleviate player union litigation

Anyone that says big hits aren't part of the game needs a shot of testosterone or vitamin M

People don't spend time and money on season tickets and tailgating or tune in at home to see a bunch of jerkoff zebras throwing yellow all over the field and coming together twice a quarter to hold court on a holding penalty

If the nfl rly gave a sht, they'd start fining coaches starplayer money in fines for false starts, holding and other tic tac bullsht

Teams would clean up their act REAL fast and at least we wouldn't have to see fukk heads like ed hocules trying to slow down every game so that he can get his roided pecs on TV

Eff them all

jjgold

Never forget LeBron James is a pussy he even went on television the other night saying how cheap he is

He loves it in the ass also with wade and I reminded him on a Twitter account and he blocked me
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7481

Last week though ratings were up. Has nothing to do with kneeling.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    The anthem was just the final straw

Nfl has been selfishly ruining the game slowly with more and more emphasis on reducing big hits to alleviate player union litigation

Anyone that says big hits aren't part of the game needs a shot of testosterone or vitamin M

People don't spend time and money on season tickets and tailgating or tune in at home to see a bunch of jerkoff zebras throwing yellow all over the field and coming together twice a quarter to hold court on a holding penalty

If the nfl rly gave a sht, they'd start fining coaches starplayer money in fines for false starts, holding and other tic tac bullsht

Teams would clean up their act REAL fast and at least we wouldn't have to see fukk heads like ed hocules trying to slow down every game so that he can get his roided pecs on TV

Eff them all
    I see your point. But I dunno man, I'm seen some viscious hits this year. Guys are getting carted off the field every sunday.

Goat Milk

Who the fukk posts under JJ Gold's account these days?

Gold I fukkin told you I'll summon you when it's your turn to speak.

You understand?

Shit on your shiny head as I fukkin please.

shadymcgrady

I see your point. But I dunno man, I'm seen some viscious hits this year. Guys are getting carted off the field every sunday.
    We could be seeing more and rightfully so, it is football after all

Before espn sold out they had a segment called jacked up on mnf. It was the best part of the broadcast where they would show guys getting lit up

I'm not talking about dirty hits either, just good football with world class athletes competing
    Points Awarded:

getlucky2win gave shadymcgrady 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Nothing to see. It was a shit game

Goat Milk

Before espn sold out they had a segment called jacked up on mnf. It was the best part of the broadcast where they would show guys getting lit up

I'm not talking about dirty hits either, just good football with world class athletes competing
    Seen a lot of guys lying motionless on the field this year. Injuries seem to be higher too. Maybe that's a result of guys going more for the lower body. It's a tough line. You want to take out concussions long term obviously, and when guys are running 20 mph, it's tough to only his in the mid section. I know a lot of guys would prefer to be hit up high then the legs. All athletes depend on their legs to make money. Anything else, you can prolly just power through it unless it's a Rodgers type injury. Montgomery has broken ribs. No problem. Guys have sprained shoulders. No problem. Ankle, knee? You're done.

shadymcgrady

Seen a lot of guys lying motionless on the field this year. Injuries seem to be higher too. Maybe that's a result of guys going more for the lower body. It's a tough line. You want to take out concussions long term obviously, and when guys are running 20 mph, it's tough to only his in the mid section. I know a lot of guys would prefer to be hit up high then the legs. All athletes depend on their legs to make money. Anything else, you can prolly just power through it unless it's a Rodgers type injury. Montgomery has broken ribs. No problem. Guys have sprained shoulders. No problem. Ankle, knee? You're done.
    Yeah there's an understanding in the league amongst players, coaches and refs to avoid the knees at all costs for those exact reasons

The problem is that running backs are taught to stay low coming through the holes. Shoulder pads and knees.

Agile cornerbacks at a buck 80 soaking wet have no chance to take down bigger or stronger players without loading up for a hit since wrapping up and dragging down is highly unlikely

Goat Milk

Yeah there's an understanding in the league amongst players, coaches and refs to avoid the knees at all costs for those exact reasons

The problem is that running backs are taught to stay low coming through the holes. Shoulder pads and knees.

Agile cornerbacks at a buck 80 soaking wet have no chance to take down bigger or stronger players without loading up for a hit since wrapping up and dragging down is highly unlikely
    Oh yeah. When you run at 20 mph even if you weigh a buck eighty you're probably hitting someone with close to 2500 pounds of force. A bigger guy hits with 3000 pounds if not more I would estimate running at that speed.

I think the next step here is to further develop the pads/technology. People always talk about teaching the younger kids how to play the game now (focusing hitting only on mid section). And there's all these flags for different things.

But really, if we can come up with the technology to absorb more of that 3000 pounds of impact, I think you'll see the injuries start to decrease a lot more. Even concussion too. Helmets can be improved.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It's collusion. Fans are coming together to avoid watching. Sue the fans.

shadymcgrady

Oh yeah. When you run at 20 mph even if you weigh a buck eighty you're probably hitting someone with close to 2500 pounds of force. A bigger guy hits with 3000 pounds if not more I would estimate running at that speed.

I think the next step here is to further develop the pads/technology. People always talk about teaching the younger kids how to play the game now (focusing hitting only on mid section). And there's all these flags for different things.

But really, if we can come up with the technology to absorb more of that 3000 pounds of impact, I think you'll see the injuries start to decrease a lot more. Even concussion too. Helmets can be improved.
    The technology doesn't rly exist yet in the form of nano. It's still being explored in medical fields and labeled as cutting edge.

Not that the nfl couldn't afford it but it would be super expensive and not fully tested or even applicable

jjgold

Throw these son of a bitches out of the game

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Before espn sold out they had a segment called jacked up on mnf. It was the best part of H broadcast where they would show guys getting lit up

Hells yea. Jacked up!!

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20012

The meeting today didn't solve the anthem issue. No new rule. No agreement from the players to stand.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You mean these looks aren't attracting more white fan base that fill up the stadiums? Awwww.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-17-17 at 03:09 PM.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

James and Curry worth too much to kneel. Lebron can get his point across without doing it the wrong way. Not a fan of all the kneeling but I thought lebrons shirt was awesome!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta 19-1 View Post
    James and Curry worth too much to kneel. Lebron can get his point across without doing it the wrong way. Not a fan of all the kneeling but I thought lebrons shirt was awesome!
    Love to see some a$$hole try and kneel during the first 3 days of the NBA

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

There will be hell to pay if NBA players kneel during the Anthem on TNT.. I dare them to take a knee!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Was a pretty shit game

What do you expect?
    Exactly. Next week philly/skins get big ratings..

12 Last