t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

What the NFL is doing to hijack this issue absolutely disgusts me.

They've officially subverted the entire reason for these peaceful protests and morphed it into their own bullshit ideal of unity.

Seriously, fukk these owners and fukk this league.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't care what anyone says, this all started because he was pissed that he had to compete last year in preseason with Gabbert for the starting job.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, this all started because he was pissed that he had to compete last year in preseason with Gabbert for the starting job.
    didnt he opt-out of his contract too? im not expert but if he didnt opt out he would still have a job, even though there is no more outcry for him to be signed as the cause has pivoted for the third or fourth time

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

All the unity stuff started as a response to the trump tweets.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

From Sept 2016, well before Trumps tweets

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/s...t.html?mcubz=1

A few quotes about him kneeling:

“A lot of those people are people that I want to give equal opportunities to,” Kaepernick said."

“Once again, I’m not anti-American,” Kaepernick said. “I love America. I love people. That’s why I’m doing this. I want to help make America better. I think having these conversations helps everybody have a better understanding of where everybody is coming from.”

“Things have happened in Louisiana and the injustices that are happening could have happened to one of my family members,” said Reid, who is from Baton Rouge, La. “It touched close to home and I just wanted to show my support to him and let him know that he is not the only person who feels the way that he feels. There are a lot of people out there that feel that way.”

The Kraken

So lets be very clear, this has been about equality and unity since day 1, both Kaepernick and Reid made that VERY clear back in the beginning

Stop being revisionist and changing the narrative

This is now about the flag, the anthem and other bullshit because that is where the redneck hillbilly party took it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    All the unity stuff started as a response to the trump tweets.
    Bullshit and a lie

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Anyone remember this classic interview from last year?

Points Awarded:

KVB gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DOM_Toretto gave Kermit 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Notorious_Donk gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ryermkd, TheMoneyShot, and unde0087

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    So lets be very clear, this has been about equality and unity since day 1, both Kaepernick and Reid made that VERY clear back in the beginning

This is now about the flag, the anthem and other bullshit because that is where the redneck hillbilly party took it
    From everything I've read, it sounds to me like Kap has some guilt for being black and hanging around whites and being treated better than most. He's not educated enough to communicate his ideas and feelings properly, so he's surrounding himself with people like Common, Nessa, etc. These people projected their own prejudices and beliefs onto him. This is why you see some passion and anger from Kap, but a lot of misteps i.e., cops are born from slave catchers, speaking positively about Castro to a Miami reporter, calling Mike Vick a victim of Stolkholm Syndrome, allowing his girl to call Ray Lewis a house slave and his potential future boss a plantation owner. I'm sure there are others. The guy is going through an identity crisis and he's growing but he should have known when he stated his protest that in order to get everyone on board (whites especially) Kap was going to have to be perfect. He can't Afford a mistep. Ever since he stepped into the lime light, he's never read the room particularly well.

I give him credit for putting his own time and money into causes he believes in.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Shannon even tried to put words in his mouth at the end, and he shut him down. He clearly stated he doesn't believe in racism.

Maybe NFL players should look around the stadium, and see who is cheering them on. Like Wayne said about his concerts. Take it in, and think.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Unity??

Unity for what?

97% of Black thugs that deserved to get popped by the cops?????????????

HUH??????????????

More whoies die each year by cops than blacks

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I don't watch espn but I am sorry I missed this.

Lil Wayne is a good dude.

jjgold

good interview Wayne

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

none of this had anything to do with kaepernick

his girlfriend nessa diab was responsible for all these thoughts and actions
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Bullshit and a lie
    You're a bum. You'll never see the light cause you probably smoke way too much dope.
    Points Awarded:

survive gave Ryermkd 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    From everything I've read, it sounds to me like Kap has some guilt for being black and hanging around whites and being treated better than most. He's not educated enough to communicate his ideas and feelings properly, so he's surrounding himself with people like Common, Nessa, etc. These people projected their own prejudices and beliefs onto him. This is why you see some passion and anger from Kap, but a lot of misteps i.e., cops are born from slave catchers, speaking positively about Castro to a Miami reporter, calling Mike Vick a victim of Stolkholm Syndrome, allowing his girl to call Ray Lewis a house slave and his potential future boss a plantation owner. I'm sure there are others. The guy is going through an identity crisis and he's growing but he should have known when he stated his protest that in order to get everyone on board (whites especially) Kap was going to have to be perfect. He can't Afford a mistep. Ever since he stepped into the lime light, he's never read the room particularly well.

I give him credit for putting his own time and money into causes he believes in.
    Don't you mean Common and Nessa causes since Kaep is supposedly their puppet?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Don't you mean Common and Nessa causes since Kaep is supposedly their puppet?
    Whoever. I read he put up some sizable money for some great neighborhood causes. I respect that. Better than the twitter keyboard social activists.

As a person who can be sympathetic to hearing someone else's plight, I just don't get the protest. He's protesting police brutality and bodies in the street yet his message was unclear. He used a lot of legal words (not sure if he used them purposely) which have specific meaning. Murder is a legal term. Any shooting is a homicide but it takes many steps in the judicial system for it to be murder. Cops are under more scrutiny than ever with body cams, social media, willingness for people to report police misconduct. All shootings are and were being investigated by the DOJ under Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder before her...both appointed by then President Obama. He's protesting one season, the next season he's not going to protest and he's looking for a job. Then, he offends people who are trying to help him get a job. It's very convoluted to me. If there were a clear protest, clear steps to improve it, I could get on board. To me, it looks like the group of people protesting for world peace in the campus square. Who doesn't want world peace? Who doesn't want equality?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Kaepernick was a vehicle for that talentless oyster from day 1

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Whoever. I read he put up some sizable money for some great neighborhood causes. I respect that. Better than the twitter keyboard social activists.

As a person who can be sympathetic to hearing someone else's plight, I just don't get the protest. He's protesting police brutality and bodies in the street yet his message was unclear. He used a lot of legal words (not sure if he used them purposely) which have specific meaning. Murder is a legal term. Any shooting is a homicide but it takes many steps in the judicial system for it to be murder. Cops are under more scrutiny than ever with body cams, social media, willingness for people to report police misconduct. All shootings are and were being investigated by the DOJ under Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder before her...both appointed by then President Obama. He's protesting one season, the next season he's not going to protest and he's looking for a job. Then, he offends people who are trying to help him get a job. It's very convoluted to me. If there were a clear protest, clear steps to improve it, I could get on board. To me, it looks like the group of people protesting for world peace in the campus square. Who doesn't want world peace? Who doesn't want equality?
    most people don't want equality... most blacks want to live with/near blacks just like most whites want to live with/near whites

why would i want to be equal with some people that have no respect for life or property? can't even go to the mall or six flags without being attacked by a gang of cowardly thugs

and for them to say this was a one-time incident on saturday is laughable, i see fights there all the time

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...926-story.html

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Don't blacks commit the vast majority of crimes in this country? Who are the arseholes, the cops or them?

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

It's all about being a victim. Black folk kill one another 1000x more often than one is killed by a law enforcement officer. But can anyone name a single prominent black, SJW, celebrity, etc who speaks of this issue? No, because then they'd have to point their finger at another black (instead of "The Man") as the culprit. They want to be a victim. It's drilled into them.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Equality, yes. But equality is not synonymous with unity.

Linking up arms during the anthem does nothing. It's an empty gesture.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Don't blacks commit the vast majority of crimes in this country? Who are the arseholes, the cops or them?
    80%

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go ahead question the national anthem. Question the American flag. But honestly where is anyones loyalty at? If these questions are asked and shattered ones own faith in government where do we go from here? Do we dare question the republic?Do we question the contract of america other wise known as that document we the people call the constitution. We shall see tyranny if the constitution is not up held. If we fail the constitution American will certainly fail.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

everyone wants someone else to blame for their mistakes, their crappy life, their failures. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. "Racism holding you down" is an easy scapegoat.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Who gives a rats ass,most fans are sick of hearing about this crap.

grease lightnin
    &

El Niño with POTY.

This is whole thing is convuluted as hell.

So many people arguing about things they agree with each other on.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Equality, yes. But equality is not synonymous with unity.

Linking up arms during the anthem does nothing. It's an empty gesture.
    You can't explain this to liberals. Its all about feeling good and being nice but they do all the yelling and screaming

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Could be true. Look at his action he wears a Castro shirt and defends Castro to the Miami herald and I thought he was against oppression and police brutality.
    which make him either stupid or a liar

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    Could be true. Look at his action he wears a Castro shirt and defends Castro to the Miami herald and I thought he was against oppression and police brutality.
    which make him either stupid or a liar

It is MOST DEFINTELY the former

jjgold

Bottom line nobody cares about blacks equality

NOBODY

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bottom line nobody cares about blacks equality

NOBODY
    Blacks don't want equality. They want revenge.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

These players were not supporting Kaepernick's ideas, it was 100% response to Trump.

How many knelt/sat in week 2 compared to last weekend?

Case closed.

Shannon Sharpe gets it.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    /thread over

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    a lot of blacks don't want or think about anything more than what they can see in front of their face... ooh a joint! ooh a cadillac! ooh a big ass to grab!

12 Last