BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How Badly Will the Jets Tank

Already numerous articles have been written about the Jets and how they will tank in 2017, intentionally or otherwise. Obviously they need a QB and getting the #1 pick in the 2018 draft will guarantee they fill that position with a franchise type player. The question is how badly will the Jets go into the tank?

I give the Jets a chance to win one divisional game, and the game against the Chargers in New York on Christmas Eve. That is about it. I think that they lose in Cleveland, which just about guarantees them the #1 pick even though it is only game 5 of the season. The Jets should be 0-4, and coming off of two straight home losses to Florida teams (Miami and Jacksonville).

I know that it is tough to predict a team going 2-14, but this certainly seems to be the Jets fate this season. There is no way that they can come close to making a playoff spot, and as long as they have their chronic QB problems, nothing will change. Tanking in 2017 will lead to a solid draft in 2018.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

its gonna be bad... just hoping we get some favorable lines early in the season before they become a +800 dog every game.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-4 wins max

RisingDough
    RisingDough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1674

3-13

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I just honestly can't see this Jets team scoring a lot of points. I believe they will have strong difficulties pulling long drives together and putting up points. Even if their defense is good, how will they perform in the second half of games when their offense can't stay on the field? This is among the worst offenses I've seen on paper in many years. They have no pass catchers, no QBs, their O-line is awful and Bilal Powell will try to do something against 8 man boxes (because it will be a lot of them on first down). Their biggest hopes is that Quincy Enunwa and ASJ turns into all-pros. Josh McCown has never thrown for more than 2511 yards in a season, and that was 2004. It's more likely than not that we will se at least 2 starting QBs for the Jets because McCown has never started 16 games in a season in his whole career. And he's 37.

The biggest chanses for them picking up wins is @Browns and against Jaguars. Luckily for the Browns they are at home and has an interesting roster with a lot of talented players and perhaps one of the best O-lines in the league. I give Browns the edge. And I just can't see them scoring any points against that stout Jacksonville defense! And Jaguars has improved their running game aswell.
    Some of you say that they have a shot against Chargers late in the season, but I believe that Chargers has the potential to be a wild card team this season, barring injuries. Very balanced team both on offense and defense and they have on of the best pass rush duos that will harass that Jets O-line.

I won't be surprised if they go 0-16. At best they win 3-4 games, but my final guess will be 1-15 or 2-14, all depending on how Hackenburg/Petty will play. Because one of them will start sooner rather than later.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We all seem to be in agreement here, so the question now becomes who do the Jets take with the first draft pick in 2018? Remember that USC star QB Darnold is only a Sophmore, so if he does not want to go to New York to play, he can hang around for another season and hope that the Chargers tank in 2018.