Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Vince Young Released By Saskatchewan Roughriders

Former NFL quarterback Vince Young has suffered a torn hamstring during training camp with the Saskatchewan Roughriders and has subsequently been released from his contract, per his agent, Leigh Steinberg. Young signed with the franchise back in March.

After moving on from the NFL in 2014, Young worked shortly for the University of Texas. Now at age 34, Young will have to rehab a torn hamstring if he is to return to the gridiron and continue his career.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/vi...lowing-injury/

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

These guys are all braindead. They can't do anything else

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Best and worst thing to happen to Saskatchewan since the 1992 crop circle sightings!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I hope he invested his money. Really do. A long life ahead, probably. He just didn't have it mentally. Still young, so damn. I don't know. I'm not gonna lose sleep.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Better stay in Canada or he might end up like Joe McKnight.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What's the guy going to do now to make a living?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

What was his record as a starter? Tim Tebow stuff?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Vince Youngs Poutine & Bait Shop?

Career began & ended in 2007

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

bad break for Vince he'll make a CFL roster

there are some bum ass qbs on CFL rosters.

He must really miss the game

or is this to prove he can play to get back to the NFL?

Whats top end for a CFL QB like 250k something like that?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

VY can't be broke right?!!?!?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He must have some major child support issues if he's playing in Canada.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I hope he invested his money. Really do. A long life ahead, probably. He just didn't have it mentally. Still young, so damn. I don't know. I'm not gonna lose sleep.
    He pissed his money away. Had a cush job at Texas and screwed that up. He could have collected a nice paycheck year after year from Longhorns seeing that without him Texas football has been irrelevant outside of Austin since the 70s.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Grits n' Gravy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Is he broke?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

If he's working for $0.70 on the dollar, he's broke

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Good timing, the Jets will probably sign him to a $40 mil contract

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Just take Kap

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

From 2014:

Just seven years after signing a mega-$26 million contract with the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, former star quarterback Vince Young has reportedly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to the Houston Chronicle.

According to his former financial adviser, Ronnie Peoples, who spoke to NFL.com, Young spent money faster than he made it, “It’s almost like I can have a $30,000 budget that I know we had to pay here, but then, you know, I get an invoice for a Ferrari that he just bought for $176,000, and they want their money.”

Peoples, who is president and CEO of Peoples Financial Service Inc. in Raleigh, N.C., testified under oath at a deposition hearing that he arranged a high-interest, seven-figure loan for Young during the 2011 lockout because the player wanted to throw himself a $300,000 birthday party even though he was running low on funds.

Young, who has four children with four different women, has been immersed in lawsuits that stem from a $1.8 million loan that was taken out in his name during the 2011 owners’ lockout of players. A judgment in favor of the company that made the loan has grown to $2.5 million.

https://newsone.com/2847223/vince-young-bankrupt/

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    He must have some major child support issues if he's playing in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    From 2014:

Young, who has four children with four different women, has been immersed in lawsuits that stem from a $1.8 million loan that was taken out in his name during the 2011 owners’ lockout of players. A judgment in favor of the company that made the loan has grown to $2.5 million.

https://newsone.com/2847223/vince-young-bankrupt/
    Nailed it.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

man the game he had against USC was so unreal i couldn't imagine this guy would ever be busted and jobless

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Big loss for the local Cheese Cake Factory.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    VY can't be broke right?!!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I counseled this kid among many other kids since he was in Junior HS. I told him on several occasions my story on how I blew millions on woman and stupid shit. He would listen and nod like he got it. He signs with an agent that had no NFL experience despite people trying to tell him otherwise. That agent ended up fukking him over for a shit load of money. He buys 3 Mercedes for him, his mom and his girlfriend before he signed his first contract. WTF? I talked to him right after that and why that was a bad move and he listened and nodded. I reminded him how a car and a house are both liabilities when you are paying a grip in insurance and taxes. I told him how he should never cash his first check and wait until he reups a contract to then spend. He listened and nodded.

Vince was approached by Shick razor blades to be their spokesman right before the draft. He told them he was holding out for Gillete. I shit you not. He was the hottest thing out there after the USC game. He had advertising offers out the ass but him and his stupid agent slow played them all and he ended up with no deals. The Texans GM Charley Casserly wanted to meet with Vince before the 06 draft. They had the 1st pick in the draft and seriously wanted to give the local boy at least a look. He wouldn't return his call. Casserly called my dad, who mentored him and asked him to please have Vince call him. Several guys I played basketball with all know his friends. We tried to get the message out to him. Vince never called Casserly and showed up at the combine with a beer belly. Warren fukking Buffett requested to meet Vince right before the draft. He told Warren Buffett he was too busy. I fukking kid you not.

A few years ago, one of the popular area coaches was retiring and a lot of Houston athletes committed to coming to his party. There must have been 300 current and ex NFL players there. Everyone of them donated money towards a fund except VY. He made some excuse about how he was going to send something through his GF. Nothing never came in. I saw the writing on the wall right then. He made $60 million and has nothing to show for it.

Unfortunately, he is not an isolated case. I did it too.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Big loss for the local Cheese Cake Factory.
    I still have no idea how you run up a $5k a week tab at cheesecake factory??? That is impossible even with a huge posse.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I counseled this kid among many other kids since he was in Junior HS. I told him on several occasions my story on how I blew millions on woman and stupid shit. He would listen and nod like he got it. He signs with an agent that had no NFL experience despite people trying to tell him otherwise. That agent ended up fukking him over for a shit load of money. He buys 3 Mercedes for him, his mom and his girlfriend before he signed his first contract. WTF? I talked to him right after that and why that was a bad move and he listened and nodded. I reminded him how a car and a house are both liabilities when you are paying a grip in insurance and taxes. I told him how he should never cash his first check and wait until he reups a contract to then spend. He listened and nodded.

Vince was approached by Shick razor blades to be their spokesman right before the draft. He told them he was holding out for Gillete. I shit you not. He was the hottest thing out there after the USC game. He had advertising offers out the ass but him and his stupid agent slow played them all and he ended up with no deals. The Texans GM Charley Casserly wanted to meet with Vince before the 06 draft. They had the 1st pick in the draft and seriously wanted to give the local boy at least a look. He wouldn't return his call. Casserly called my dad, who mentored him and asked him to please have Vince call him. Several guys I played basketball with all know his friends. We tried to get the message out to him. Vince never called Casserly and showed up at the combine with a beer belly. Warren fukking Buffett requested to meet Vince right before the draft. He told Warren Buffett he was too busy. I fukking kid you not.

A few years ago, one of the popular area coaches was retiring and a lot of Houston athletes committed to coming to his party. There must have been 300 current and ex NFL players there. Everyone of them donated money towards a fund except VY. He made some excuse about how he was going to send something through his GF. Nothing never came in. I saw the writing on the wall right then. He made $60 million and has nothing to show for it.

Unfortunately, he is not an isolated case. I did it too.
    Mac, how did you make your $60 million, or however much you made?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Mac, how did you make your $60 million, or however much you made?
    Didn't make quite that much, but should have made much more if I was smarter at the time... I marketed a telecom company that ended up being sold for over $4 billion dollars. Spent all of it chasing tail, bad investments and gambling. 1 year I spent over $4 million with nothing to show for it. I had money but nothing to do, so I did stupid shit while it was slowly disappearing. Was depressed for about 3 years and didn't even know it. I was in denial. Thought the money would never run out even while dumping $50k in Vegas or the Bahamas on a weekend. IRS clipped me for several million as well at my lowest point. Finally I had to get off my pity party and figure out what to do with my life. It took me years to get back in the game mentally.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10886

😳 😳 😳

The Giant

Mac, glad to have you back in the game!
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Giant 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

How did the tax man get ya?
    Offshore gambling accounts?
    It's always offshore gambling accounts

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    How did the tax man get ya?
    Offshore gambling accounts?
    It's always offshore gambling accounts
    Disallowed deductions, capital gains and unreported income. I had no idea I was being investigated, I never even gotten an audit notice. I go into my BkofAma in the Marina and deposit $30k. I then forgot to put aside a few hundred so I try to withdraw and the bank teller goes and gets the bank manager who tells me my accounts are frozen. WTF? Why? Some code he tells me which meant the IRS. I'm like damn can I have my money that I just deposited??? Nope. Fukk. He was loud, letting everyone in there know my shit was frozen like I was some Tony Montana drug dealer. I had 6 US bank accounts, they froze 4 at the same time. I immediately took my money out of the other 2 accounts. I had luckily set up several international accounts as well.

For the next year I spent a lot of time learning the tax code. I attended a bunch of tax and privacy seminars. I learned a lot about the IRS, how to submit a FOIA request to see what they have on you. I met a lot of radical people, many that know the CFR's and believe they are Patriots by not paying into the tax system and are totally off the grid. Some are paranoid to the hilt and refuse to be identified in this country. I was pissed, having paid a shitload into the system already and I was really hoping I could find some loophole in the law to not pay them. I paid one of these gurus several thousands of dollars to work up stuff to fight the IRS, where I would stamp all these documents for "Fraud" and supposedly get them off my tail. I finally said fukk it and came up with a settlement. I pretty much had to sell everything I owned. Several houses in LA, Fla, Georgia, gone. Land, gone, several sports cars., jet skis. All my cash. Gone. No such thing as Ebay back then. I sold shit on the cheap. My beach house with beachfront on the ocean in the Marina sold for $400k is worth $6 million+ today. I've recovered but you never really get over that shit.

I didn't have any offshore gambling accounts back then (1990). I'm not sure they even had many if any. Vegas, the Bahamas and Atlantic City were my spots. Made a lot of trips to Biloxi, Detroit and Canada in those days as well. The best thing I ever did was establish several international accounts back then. If I make money outside the US, I keep it out of the US. It is becoming more and more difficult to get foreign accounts now a days.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Damn.

tatehill2000
    tatehill2000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11095

Disallowed deductions, capital gains and unreported income. I had no idea I was being investigated, I never even gotten an audit notice. I go into my BkofAma in the Marina and deposit $30k. I then forgot to put aside a few hundred so I try to withdraw and the bank teller goes and gets the bank manager who tells me my accounts are frozen. WTF? Why? Some code he tells me which meant the IRS. I'm like damn can I have my money that I just deposited??? Nope. Fukk. He was loud, letting everyone in there know my shit was frozen like I was some Tony Montana drug dealer. I had 6 US bank accounts, they froze 4 at the same time. I immediately took my money out of the other 2 accounts. I had luckily set up several international accounts as well.

For the next year I spent a lot of time learning the tax code. I attended a bunch of tax and privacy seminars. I learned a lot about the IRS, how to submit a FOIA request to see what they have on you. I met a lot of radical people, many that know the CFR's and believe they are Patriots by not paying into the tax system and are totally off the grid. Some are paranoid to the hilt and refuse to be identified in this country. I was pissed, having paid a shitload into the system already and I was really hoping I could find some loophole in the law to not pay them. I paid one of these gurus several thousands of dollars to work up stuff to fight the IRS, where I would stamp all these documents for "Fraud" and supposedly get them off my tail. I finally said fukk it and came up with a settlement. I pretty much had to sell everything I owned. Several houses in LA, Fla, Georgia, gone. Land, gone, several sports cars., jet skis. All my cash. Gone. No such thing as Ebay back then. I sold shit on the cheap. My beach house with beachfront on the ocean in the Marina sold for $400k is worth $6 million+ today. I've recovered but you never really get over that shit.

I didn't have any offshore gambling accounts back then (1990). I'm not sure they even had many if any. Vegas, the Bahamas and Atlantic City were my spots. Made a lot of trips to Biloxi, Detroit and Canada in those days as well. The best thing I ever did was establish several international accounts back then. If I make money outside the US, I keep it out of the US. It is becoming more and more difficult to get foreign accounts now a days.
    Jesus..
    This is a godam good read. Ty for taking the time.. And sharing..

Mac4Lyfe

http://sedm.org/Litigation/LitIndex.htm

This is some complicated legal shit but if anyone has gotten any IRS notices, especially notice of intent to levy. You have a lot of reading to do. Don't think it will go away on it's own and definitely do not ignore them. I never received these notices, most likely because I had multiple addresses and PO boxes all over the US, which did not excuse me. If I had known, I would have met with the IRS immediately.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    man the game he had against USC was so unreal i couldn't imagine this guy would ever be busted and jobless
    More proof why college sports are a joke

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

http://sedm.org/Litigation/LitIndex.htm

This is some complicated legal shit but if anyone has gotten any IRS notices, especially notice of intent to levy. You have a lot of reading to do. Don't think it will go away on it's own and definitely do not ignore them. I never received these notices, most likely because I had multiple addresses and PO boxes all over the US, which did not excuse me. If I had known, I would have met with the IRS immediately.
    I am sorry to see that you got caught up in the IRS trap, but believe me, it is easy to beat. Just hire attorneys and accountants smarter than the IRS's attorneys and accountants and make a few well placed donations to various campaigns. That is the way the game works. There is no way around it.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

The CFL actually is decent Football,sure the players aren't on the same level as the NFL,but its good Football nonetheless.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Mac, who should play you in a movie?

No clue what you look like. I think we could make some of the money back with a Mac tell all movie. Low budget film, but will win awards.

Sucks that Vince blew everything. I thought he was a decent guy, talented, but just not high football IQ to run a team. Guess his IQ is minimal all around. I blew a lot of money, but I don't think I could fck up that much. Eh, I probably would or end up dead, so never mind. They would find me like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

12 Last