frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Broncos 7-0 with game officiated by Ed Hochuli the Ref in AFC Championship game

Ed Hochuli was also the head official when the Broncos beat the Packers as a 11+ underdog in Superbowl 32. And for what it is worth, the entire world gave Denver no chance. Brett Farve was the best QB in the NFL coming fresh off a Superbowl win, going against a washed up John Elway.

You see any similarities here, history will repeat it self.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lilpete

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Lol.

Denver can win for sure but it won't be cause Ed is the ref.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

You cant just make one Denver thread, and throw all of this bullshit into one?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Are you suggesting that Ed Hochuli favors the Broncos?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I really wanna root for Denver......until I read post like this

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

On another side note, the Patriots are 5-6 on the road with old Ed, and 10-9 overall.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

And New England 10-0 this season with Julian Edelman in lineup.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    And New England 10-0 this season with Julian Edelman in lineup.
    Hey, wait, that's something that actually matters. Stop yourself.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You have to understand that this is the last chance Denver will have of getting into the Superbowl for years to come. They will have to rebuild and then get in line behind Kansas City in their own division, and other AFC teams. Denver's defense either wins or loses this game. Their offense is simply no match against Brady.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I believe that it does matter and quite a lot! After game this thread will explode with in game samples.

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Ed Hochuli was also the head official when the Broncos beat the Packers as a 11+ underdog in Superbowl 32. And for what it is worth, the entire world gave Denver no chance. Brett Farve was the best QB in the NFL coming fresh off a Superbowl win, going against a washed up John Elway.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Frost get a clue man.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

could be a rigged ball game.. you think commish wants brady in the superbowl? do you?

tinhphai
    tinhphai's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post

Did they have an "all-star" official crews in the playoff like the last few years?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    could be a rigged ball game.. you think commish wants brady in the superbowl? do you?
    Let's make a poll.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Pats fans were wishing it was anyone else but Ed Hoc.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

I mean how more of an irrelevant stat can you get? If you look at the games he ref'd no shit they are 7-0.... i mean dude stop cherry-picking stats and just cap the game as it is.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Hey, wait, that's something that actually matters. Stop yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    I mean how more of an irrelevant stat can you get? If you look at the games he ref'd no shit they are 7-0.... i mean dude stop cherry-picking stats and just cap the game as it is.
    There are many different ways to handicap...for example some use only mistakes. It is true that some successful handicappers incorporate the officials.

If, in your handicapping of games, you don't consider the third team on the field, you may be missing something and certainly not capping the game "as it is" in its entirety.

This is far more true in baseball and dealing with the home plate umpires, this has been known for years but the similarites among all sports markets are uncanny.

That said, don't go around the block to get next door. Keep it simple and track your bets and why you made them. That information can be very valuable.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

[QUOTE=KVB;25193577]There are many different ways to handicap...for example some use only mistakes. It is true that some successful handicappers incorporate the officials.

If, in your handicapping of games, you don't consider the third team on the field, you may be missing something and certainly not capping the game "as it is" in its entirety.

This is far more true in baseball and dealing with the home plate umpires, this has been known for years but the similarites among all sports markets are uncanny.

That said, don't go around the block to get next door. Keep it simple and track your bets and why you made them. That information can be very valuable.
    i agree with you whole heartedly. When tim donaghy was officiating a friend made a fortune. i was dumb and kept better the under . what a dumbass I was.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Tim Donaghy and his ref pals had teams/players they liked and those they didn't... And they'd bet or have secret competitions during games to fukk those people over. Don't be naive.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

they were going over on most games he officiated. As i said I kept better under.