jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Had a couple of my Sons friends call my Son and asked my Son to ask me about the MSU finish. Late that night when i saw the finish i was speechless. That call was a huge black-eye on the sport. Bleed a lot of the integrity out of game. What i think about is all the former NCAA players who have played the game in past and didn't make it to next level, but still have the scars and limps of a lifetime. I wonder how they feel after getting on a college campus as a "student/athlete" and getting the NCAA orientation/indoctrination about playing with integrity, staying away and reporting anybody who approaches you about gambling etc. how if you did anything like that how you would be less than a pile of dog-shit, face prison and lose all education and credits earned etc. etc.
    Then they bring in former FBI agents who've investigated these things in past to drive the point home.

Bottom-line: NCAA doesn't want competition.

One of my best friends played at a major Florida school and was called 3x's on holding as a TE in a game in late 90's that were all bogus and used to stall a drive. After game he was outraged and told coach and some admin who was in locker room when he went to the media cage after game he was gonna tell them he thought NCAA was protecting the line and the refs falsely accused him to cover themselves. Well, they immediately isolated him and when they got back home he cooled off, but the school suspended him from team citing team rules violation for 1 game. So, joe public thinks he was suspended for drinking, drugs or anything else and schools have policy of not publicizing the violations so he took the hit. Coaches and schools would be murdered if they ever came out and said they think NCAA was involved in a line rigging, look at Oregon coach Helfrich last year after loss to Arizona when kid makes game winning stop of wildcat QB Solomon Anua (Spelling) defender gets up and high fives teammates because it was an emotional play, but refs threw a 15 yard personal foul and with that wildcats score and win. Helfrich was bitting his tongue after game and you can see it in interview.

Nonetheless, not trying to be long winded, but if and for the integrity of game at amateur level if it helped i'd support all collegiate games not have any lines in Vegas or elsewhere, it's a great game and none of these kids need to be put in these postions of stress. To the vengeful idiot who has no way of grasping common sense the DB who was wrongfully blamed of pushing/forcing Nebraska WR out he will have to deal with a stigma that's a LIFETIME and the NCAA had no problem sticking it to him.
    So, long story short i told my Sons friends the truth weather the parents like it or not i told them no reason that was called other than the NCAA fixing the game. Should have heard the dismay in the 14 Y/O's voice, but now they know.

Good-luck moving forward Dom
    Gambling might of ruined college sports?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

No, no, no. I never said that. I said the NCAA holds an orientation for all student athelets in the Summer, telling them the evils of game fixing and taking bribes etc. How this could ruin the NCAA and the brand they've built.

What i'm saying is if student/athletes have to follow these rules then the NCAA should get hand out of cookie jar, but this isn't gonna happen so therefore maybe lines on amateur sports should be eliminated altogether.

Outsiders like you and general public investing in these games isn't the problem, it's the organizations who run them.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

Jmobiler I'm still paying my debts off for tailing you on the dodgers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mobile your a mess man

Post some photos so we can rate you

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Msu ml cost me 2gs

Justfollow
    Justfollow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

J mobile is doing a reverse jinx. Hes actually posting the opposite plays hes betting. Pure evil

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mobile your a mess man

Post some photos so we can rate you
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfollow View Post
    J mobile is doing a reverse jinx. Hes actually posting the opposite plays hes betting. Pure evil

First 12