shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Raiders @ bears

When was the last time the Raiders were favoured on the road , gotta be about when gannon was qb

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Raiders a lock

pound it

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Raiders a lock

pound it
    When was the raiders ever a lock

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    When was the raiders ever a lock
    Past 2 weeks

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I like the Raiders to win this one but they're never a lock. Even vs Cleveland yesterday, they were up 17 but Cleveland closed to within 7 and had the ball close with a chance to tie.

I wouldn't bet Raiders early because I can't imagine a line ever moving in their favor over the week, especially as a road favorite, even against the lowly Bears, who put up a decent fight vs Seattle (didn't get rolled by 40 as expected).

ByAnYMe9n$
    ByAnYMe9n$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

Play calling on Defense on the 3rd down is the reason Raiders didnt win by more then they did Norton was calling prevent D on 3rd down which made it easy for Mcown to get chunks of yardage I see that changing vs the bears RAIDERS it is!!!
    Last edited by ByAnYMe9n$; 09-28-15 at 08:14 PM.

Fthestockmarket

That plus a lack of offensive effectiveness in the 4th quarter. Carr missed some wide open guys and they couldn't put together any sustained drives to milk the clock or even add a game sealing field goal.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Fthestockmarket View Post

I wouldn't bet Raiders early because I can't imagine a line ever moving in their favor over the week, especially as a road favorite, even against the lowly Bears, who put up a decent fight vs Seattle (didn't get rolled by 40 as expected).
    The Bears lost 26-0 against a worse offense than the Raiders. I do agree that waiting could result in a PK by game day though.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    The Bears lost 26-0 against a worse offense than the Raiders. I do agree that waiting could result in a PK by game day though.
    The seahawks are a worse offense than the raiders? lol.....

Fthestockmarket

Bears held Seattle to 6 in the first half, Seattle got a kick return td in the second half, scored 1 offensive touchdown in the entire game despite Chicago's offense giving them the ball constantly and cowardly failong to ever go for 4th and 1 or 2, and all this at Seattle where their home field advantage is supposed to be the best around. Bears defense played pretty well considering and you would think they would do better at home vs the Raiders than at Seattle. But they are the Bears so you never know, plus they were horrible at home last year.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The seahawks are a worse offense than the raiders? lol.....

Easily better buddy, Raiders beat them in every offensive category that matters. Hawks offense couldn't score a TD in the whole first half against the putrid Bears and got 1 the whole game.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Easily better buddy, Raiders beat them in every offensive category that matters. Hawks offense couldn't score a TD in the whole first half against the putrid Bears and got 1 the whole game.
    you realize the season just started and you're citing offensive categories? these guys on espn that say "team x is 12th against the pass and 24th against the rush" after week 2 are making fools out of themselves. The Bills were last in the league against the pass after they gave up 500 yards to Brady. And yet....anyone who knows football knows they're actually one of the top 5 teams against the pass this year.

let me teach you one thing about sports that you should never forget....never judge a team based on a few performances. never be a prisoner of the moment. and always look at the long term big picture.

the truth of the matter is if it was a playoff game with all the chips on the line, you're going to trust the raiders offense over seattle's efficient offense? no, you wouldn't.

SharpAngles

you realize the season just started and you're citing offensive categories? these guys on espn that say "team x is 12th against the pass and 24th against the rush" after week 2 are making fools out of themselves. The Bills were last in the league against the pass after they gave up 500 yards to Brady. And yet....anyone who knows football knows they're actually one of the top 5 teams against the pass this year.

let me teach you one thing about sports that you should never forget....never judge a team based on a few performances. never be a prisoner of the moment. and always look at the long term big picture.
    lol thanks for the lesson...I have 2 eyes that work pretty well though and the current Raiders offense is better than the current Seattle offense. Pretty easy to tell actually. I shouldn't have said every category because Seattle does win QB(for now) and coaching but don't be a quarterpounder and sleep on these Raiders.

the truth of the matter is if it was a playoff game with all the chips on the line, you're going to trust the raiders offense over seattle's efficient offense? no, you wouldn't.
    wtf are you talking about? No, obv not, but thankfully that has nothing to do with this game in Chicago.

Goat Milk

Oakland will drive a bunch against Chicago and end up settling for 4 or 5 field goals. Watch. Young teams don't convert in the Red Zone in places like Soldier Field.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I've been a Raider fan for over 25 years. The last decade or so has been dreadful, and I have not missed one game.

Do not cap according to Raider history or trends. This team really is different this year. First road game in I don't know how long. First back to back win since 2012. This team is going to break a lot of those old Raider trends. I won't even bet on or against the Raiders at this point. I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching a competent team go out there and compete.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

About 26-17 Raiders win

PUBABEAR1
    PUBABEAR1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

I would like to see the last time the raiders won back to back games on the road...fox is a good coach....shoud keep it close....they played the packers close for awhile

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by PUBABEAR1 View Post
    I would like to see the last time the raiders won back to back games on the road...fox is a good coach....shoud keep it close....they played the packers close for awhile
    2011 Raiders won 3 straight road games. They were pretty good that year until Carson Palmer got hurt.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Can only take BEars in this situation...

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by Fthestockmarket View Post
    I like the Raiders to win this one but they're never a lock. Even vs Cleveland yesterday, they were up 17 but Cleveland closed to within 7 and had the ball close with a chance to tie.

But didn't score a point need at least a point

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

even if cutlet is able to play they will lose - entire bears team on suicide watch...its gonna be a fire sale in the offseason

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by eswerve4 View Post
    even if cutlet is able to play they will lose - entire bears team on suicide watch...its gonna be a fire sale in the offseason
    Already a fire sale. Two trades today.

But if Cutler is healthy, they can win this game. Clausen is horrid though.

ByAnYMe9n$
    ByAnYMe9n$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

-2.5 up to -3 could go up based on two trades and money going on Raiders Carr is starting to click more and more every week with his WR's offense can be dangerous by mid season Amari Cooper Rookie of the Year!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Many think the Bears are going to go 0-16

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Picking the raiders on the road as a favorite that's kind of bold!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Took Raiders. Amari cooper gonna go nuts on that weak D Name:  image.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  35.1 KB

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

You really have to hold your nose to bet the Raiders on the road as a 3pt fav cause that has a bad smell about it, that needs a leap of faith.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Still not sold on Oakland! Especially as a road favorite!
    Last edited by Jeep_Life 42; 09-28-15 at 11:22 PM.