redtuna
    redtuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Regression of Kaepernick. Why?

When Colin Kaepernick took over for Alex Smith in the middle of 2012 he was the most exciting QB. He shredded the Bears defense( a very strong defense back then) on Monday night in his first start and destroyed Green Bay in the playoffs . What happened since then?
    He has had no injuries like RGIII, yet he is a bottom 5 QB. His decline was evident last year even with Harbaugh. It has been downhill since 2012. Aren't QBs supposed to improve after the rookie season?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

His decision making just isn't all there.... They have a good team too, roster wise, but its all Kaep.

SXRD71
    SXRD71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2932

Fame got to his head.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Every time I see Kap throw with that statue looking throwing motion he reminds me of the electric football I played with as a kid.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

He's going to get chewed out on ESPN if he hasn't already then send a tweet saying he just needs to forget about the game and he doesn't care what people think of him...

Nysut
    Nysut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

He was Never suppose to be a great QB
    enough to manage a game IMO
    he just get hype

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Nysut View Post
    He was Never suppose to be a great QB
    enough to manage a game IMO
    he just get hype
    nail on head. and he has more tds i think you can call lucky than ive ever seen a qb get imo.
    Last edited by CWD; 09-29-15 at 12:54 AM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1907

He got paid. Happens with most

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Kaep splashed onto the scene and was electric. As a Packer fan, I witnessed our defense get picked apart by his arm and his legs. But now it's all his legs. He's struggling as a player and I don't think the coaching staff is helping one bit.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Every time I see Kap throw with that statue looking throwing motion he reminds me of the electric football I played with as a kid.

Lmao the accuracy

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_Donk View Post
    Kaep splashed onto the scene and was electric. As a Packer fan, I witnessed our defense get picked apart by his arm and his legs. But now it's all his legs. He's struggling as a player and I don't think the coaching staff is helping one bit.
    that packer game was another WHOA

file kap under spectacular rise and violent fall for now

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

Hype can only take a player so far. Either he has the skill set or he doesn't. Once teams get enough exposure to the player they know how to scheme his deficiencies. The guy has never had great passing skill to begin with but his team was so good it didn't leave him in the position to have to win games. There also wasn't as much pressure on him to get the win as he faces now. The defense and coaching were largely responsible for his success and his confidence has always been about as solid as his fragile self-esteem. There is nowhere to go but down for this dude (imo).

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Alex Smith was a huge part of that success but they never really talk about it since he got injured then traded. I always wondered why the traded him, it seems they are both mediocre, Kaep probably the worse of the 2 after seeing that b2b pick 6s

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Agree. Kaps problems are not physical, they are between the ears. Better coaching couldn't hurt.