Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Emmitt Smith just tweeted that that was the worst play call he's ever seen in the history of football.

A bunch of players are weighing in and they are reaming Seattle.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    If they wouldn't have changed that play, Vegas and off shore would have most likely lost BILLIONS..........

So who ever called that play.
    They were told and payed to do so........
    Just stop.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Nothing wrong with the call; the defense was looking for Lynch. If Wilson throws the ball in the right place (low, where only the WR can catch it) they either score or have Lynch twice more from one yard out.
    It doesn't matter if the defense was looking for Lynch. Stopping him is another issue and the Pats were never going to keep him from getting into the endzone on 3 straight plays. Stopping him even once would've been a minor miracle.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

GLENDALE, AZ—Having defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 Sunday night to win Super Bowl XLIX, the New England Patriots reportedly provided an incredible storybook ending to the NFL’s credibility. “Honestly, you couldn’t have scripted it any better in a movie,” said ESPN analyst Adam Schefter, adding that after a year rife with scandal—including high-profile domestic violence cases involving Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson, the league’s ongoing concussion epidemic, and fresh allegations of cheating against New England—seeing the Patriots celebrate a fourth Super Bowl title was a fitting end to the NFL’s integrity. “Given what we’ve seen over the past six months, this is the perfect way—really the only way—for it to finish. Unbelievable.” Sources also confirmed that witnessing a smiling Roger Goodell hand the Lombardi Trophy to Patriots owner Robert Kraft was just the cherry on top after watching the final few seconds of the NFL’s dignity and self-respect tick away.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Just stop.
    NEW ENGLAND SEATTLE ...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

The only guy stopping Lynch was his coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    It doesn't matter if the defense was looking for Lynch. Stopping him is another issue and the Pats were never going to keep him from getting into the endzone on 3 straight plays. Stopping him even once would've been a minor miracle.

MMA Fan
    MMA Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

It was pure stupidity all around. New England should have been letting Lynch score, since they'd only be down a FG with a minute to go and Seattle should have been running OR play-action. A shotgun pass from the 1 is retarded. You're basically giving away that you're passing in a situation. New England was in a terrible spot there, since they weren't penetrating or demonstrating they had the ability to stop Lynch. Any number of plays would have gotten the TD, including the obvious rush to Lynch. Belichick gets bailed out for not caring about the clock. That game was over if the Seahawks just got one friggin yard.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    good post..i guess live and die with your best player..they tried to get cute

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Emmitt Smith just tweeted that that was the worst play call he's ever seen in the history of football.

A bunch of players are weighing in and they are reaming Seattle.
    Pretty much the main thing on the news so far, it is all you are going to hear about this super bowl all week on sports radio unfortunately.I just hope lynch thinks about this and gets away from seattle, hopefully to the ravens or patriots. This was a crime to not use him to win this

Shocked
    Shocked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1661

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    I think this face say it all................
    Please some put "you mad bro" on this.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

titty warrior, if you're doing crack, stop. If you're not doing crack, you should think about starting. You are just not right in the head.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

they should have did the fake handoff bootleg play where Wilson fakes the hand off to Lynch then spins and runs the other way

that play always seems to work

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    hopefully marshawn will think about the ravens next year or even the patriots. seattle may be losing alot next year, with the patriots he would be playing for the greatest coach in football
    I'd leave what a slap in the face. Carroll was thinking he'd grab his crotch if he scores so let's throw it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

run lynch, if he doesn't score. call timeout. fake it to lynch and have russell run it in for a td.

31 - 28 game over.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    there should be at least 200 threads on this. Who called the play?

carroll or OC. Wilson should of called timeout and said wtf

white boys win, thugs proving they are thugs

he really should have though.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

I have no idea why the pats didnt call timeout after the 1st down run. I dont think Belichick is as smart as everyone makes him out to be

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    We don't know who made the call, Carroll, the O.C., or Wilson.. but the same thing happens
    all the time, the short pass over the run chosen when the D is expecting the run. Also the clock
    was an issue, it takes time to get everyone ready to do it again.. did Seattle have a timeout
    remaining ?
    Snow...you're right about the play itself not being out of the ordinary...but in this situation (field position, number of TO's remaining, time remaining in game, importance of the game)...they had 3 goddam plays to cover a half yard with a 4ypc RB and a great running QB...to lock up the SuperBowl...so the obvious play...repeated 3x if necessary was clearly the best play...absolutely no need for anything fancy (=anything that increases the chances of losing the football)...in fact in THIS situation, putting the ball in the air was unthinkable...simply because it creates a totally unnecessary risk of losing the ball to accomplish the short yardage...

it they were out 25 yards...or this was the end of the 1st half, putting the ball up in the air like that might not have been so unthinkable...but in these circumstances...with everything on the line...no need for any "element of surprise" horseshit...

mind-bogglingly stupid from a "risk vs. reward" standpoint
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-01-15 at 10:08 PM.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Fan View Post
    It was pure stupidity all around. New England should have been letting Lynch score, since they'd only be down a FG with a minute to go and Seattle should have been running OR play-action. A shotgun pass from the 1 is retarded. You're basically giving away that you're passing in a situation. New England was in a terrible spot there, since they weren't penetrating or demonstrating they had the ability to stop Lynch. Any number of plays would have gotten the TD, including the obvious rush to Lynch. Belichick gets bailed out for not caring about the clock. That game was over if the Seahawks just got one friggin yard.
    Was thinking same thing he was in shock and resigned to the fact they lost, clock ticking no timeout unreal.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

well i saw Wilson on post game he said "they" called the play..... whoever "THEY" is....
    the truth is that passing plays are common in the NFL even at the goal line now, you
    see dozens every week and I cringe every time they are called because I also am old school
    where anywhere inside the 5 you run the ball.. but that's changed.
    Also nobody is saying this but Wilson could have tucked in the ball and just ran, dove, or
    threw it away instead of throwing it - and Butler jumped on it at just the exact right time.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    run lynch, if he doesn't score. call timeout. fake it to lynch and have russell run it in for a td.

31 - 28 game over.
    No way he doesn't score never seen a rb fight like him, he runs every run as if someone has said ok Marshawn this is the last run of your life.
    Points Awarded:

RavensFan2k3 gave jtoler 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    well i saw Wilson on post game he said "they" called the play..... whoever "THEY" is....
    the truth is that passing plays are common in the NFL even at the goal line now, you
    see dozens every week and I cringe every time they are called because I also am old school
    where anywhere inside the 5 you run the ball.. but that's changed.
    Also nobody is saying this but Wilson could have tucked in the ball and just ran, dove, or
    threw it away instead of throwing it - and Butler jumped on it at just the exact right time.
    Can't be justified.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Belichick not calling TO at 59 seconds after the first down run was crazy. Seattle then bailed him out.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the explanation by carroll is even dumber than the call
    Points Awarded:

GunShard gave thetrinity 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carroll's Phone
    Name:  carrol.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  22.5 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67, and El Nino

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Belichick not calling TO at 59 seconds after the first down run was crazy. Seattle then bailed him out.
    i agree, very weird, he was betting on his defense instead of brady getting a fg with over 50 seconds and a timeout

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Just heard it, made no sense, waste a play/down by throwing? Said they were gonna run on 3rd and 4th downs makes no sense. Total liar.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

from a "risk vs. reward" standpoint, relative to the situation...anything other than a straight-up "protect the rock" running play was off the table...that's why everyone is right to claim gross incompetence on whoever orchestrated that cockup

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

sucks but i've lost bets many times because of this same thing
    oh well tomorrow you get it back
    that's what we do around here, RIGHT ?????
    i'll be posting winners on the tennis thread
    adios

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Does anyone else think the bottom falls out for Seattle next season? Lynch probably gone, guys could easily lose faith in the coaches, they are an emotional team anyways that will have an awful hard time getting over this, the whole postgame is about how Seattle lost instead of the Patriots winning. The division they play in is pretty good also.

jturner1989
    jturner1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Yes guys saying the Game was rigged. Y did Bennett try to fight gronk? Just if u paid attention they have always tried to make lynch the bad guy and build up Wilson sports fans know who the best player that was politics at its finest

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Either that and pull the Spurs come back pissed off and play an amazing season. Depends if moves are made.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post

i agree, very weird, he was betting on his defense instead of brady getting a fg with over 50 seconds and a timeout
    That previous crazy catch to get em 1st and goal probably did it. It happened so fast... I don't think Belichick knew what hit him? Probably was in a trance? I know I was. I totally lost reality for a few...

Then that interception brought me back to reality.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I agree. I would of run the ball with Lynch or Wilson by running until the 4th down.
    This makes since the Seahawks are better at running the ball than passing the ball.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

if seahawks wanted to "waste a play" why wouldnt they fake it and roll out wilson

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I agree. I would of run the ball with Lynch or Wilson by running until the 4th down.
    This makes since the Seahawks are better at running the ball than passing the ball.
    yep, so much for playing to their strengths

First 123456 ... Last