TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Have You Noticed They Don't Call Running Into The Kicker Like They Use To?

WTF is this about? How can you have an official's judgement call if it was or wasn't embellished more? If you run into the kicker... it's a penalty. Clearly kickers are getting knocked over... and flags aren't thrown.

But it's ok for ridiculous defensive holding... and phantom holds. This NFL is a joke.

Let's make new rules each week. Sounds like fun.
    Points Awarded:

TheLangster gave TheMoneyShot 18 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheLangster gave TheMoneyShot 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

You really complaining that they dont call more penalties? Come on man
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You're not wrong. I used to enjoy that rule as it was so ridiculous.

TheMoneyShot

All I meant by bringing this up... is more inconsistencies in the NFL. I have also seen this in college a few times 2 weeks ago.

I thought you're suppose to call it by the book? You can't change the rules any time you feel like it.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    All I meant by bringing this up... is more inconsistencies in the NFL. I have also seen this in college a few times 2 weeks ago.

I thought you're suppose to call it by the book? You can't change the rules any time you feel like it.
    I've been watching football since the early 70's -last night the ref called illegal block in the back on the punting team-Now I know that call
    can be called on either team but that's the first time I've heard it called on the kicking team.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

They call things when they want to if its prime time game and team is up quite a bit theyed call it to help losing team.

Book Crook
    Book Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

I've always thought this was a ridiculous rule anyway.. fukker suited up with pads and got on the field, he should be open game. Sure would make special teams play a lot more interesting...hahah

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    WTF is this about? How can you have an official's judgement call if it was or wasn't embellished more? If you run into the kicker... it's a penalty. Clearly kickers are getting knocked over... and flags aren't thrown.

But it's ok for ridiculous defensive holding... and phantom holds. This NFL is a joke.

Let's make new rules each week. Sounds like fun.
    I agree - it's one of my favorite parts of the game

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Problem is they just have too many fukking rules and it's amazing they remember and stay on top like they do. Need to get rid thin the rule book down quite a bit. It's JUST football keep it simple dummies and stop over thinking every little thing. Speed up the gm and make it more enjoyable if the zebras weren't throwing laundry and stopping each gm 20/30 fukkin times.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Really glad they abolished the tuck rule. Whoever came up with that abortion of a rule should be beaten with pipes and put thru a wood chipper. Quite a few that grind my nerves but the main one probably is the receiever not maintaining possession crap. Guy catches a pass and on the way to the ground if it moves around a bit no catch wtf?!? If he caught the fukker , managed to hang on the whole time without it ever hitting grass it's a catch plain and fukkin simple!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Too many rules and 90% of them the public does not understand.

The most ridiculous is false start.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Really glad they abolished the tuck rule. Whoever came up with that abortion of a rule should be beaten with pipes and put thru a wood chipper. Quite a few that grind my nerves but the main one probably is the receiever not maintaining possession crap. Guy catches a pass and on the way to the ground if it moves around a bit no catch wtf?!? If he caught the fukker , managed to hang on the whole time without it ever hitting grass it's a catch plain and fukkin simple!!
    What are you talking about? The ball can move and move and move as a receiver goes to the ground, but if it never hits the ground it's a catch (assuming, of course, he is in bounds).

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Too many rules and 90% of them the public does not understand.

The most ridiculous is false start.
    So you think offensive lineman should be able to jump up and move prior to the snap?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Watch more football briguy and it won't take long especially college! A player must "maintain" control/possession the whole time yada yada. They will go thru a whole replay 5x over and try to see if the ball was secured thru the whole catch process. Bottom line when he was ruled down after making the catch did he have possession and did the ball ever hit the ground? If the answers are 1. Yes and 2. No. It's a catch does not matter what preceded that moment and no need for a debate or ruling it no catch. End zone is where it happens most.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Watch more football briguy and it won't take long especially college! A player must "maintain" control/possession the whole time yada yada.
    Yes I know but you said "If he caught the fukker , managed to hang on the whole time without it ever hitting grass it's a catch plain and fukkin simple!!"

If the ball never touches the grass, then it's a catch (assuming he is inbounds). You can juggle it and bobble it, even if you're falling down and on your arse and rolling over and as long as it never touches the ground it is a catch. The whole point of "maintaining" possession is if the ball hits the ground. For example, if a guy jumps to make a catch, has the ball in his hands, falls down on his back and the ball bounces out of his possession and subsequently hits the ground then I gotta say I agree with the idea that that should not be a catch.

Fact is this: There is no way whatsoever it is even remotely possible to create a rule that will satisfy everyone all the time. We live in a day and age where any close play impacting the outcome of a game will be analyzed, replayed in super slo-mo hi-def, uploaded to YouTube, looked at from 3 different angles and argued about ad infinitum. There's no way you can make a rule that makes everyone happy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    So you think offensive lineman should be able to jump up and move prior to the snap?
    No the 5 yard penalty is a joke. It needs to be a loss of down so they won't be doing it.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No the 5 yard penalty is a joke. It needs to be a loss of down so they won't be doing it.
    Eh, can't say I agree with you there.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Pavy can barely speak English and that is his first language. Don't listen to the idiotic things he types on here.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Eh I'm just the pissed off older guy i guess lol. Been watching this shit 30 years now and keep seeing the gm getting raped and compromised more and more to please the sheep. All the protecting the players crap give me a break. League doesn't give 2 shits about their players except the elite Qb's. Other than that it's all about $$ and kissing ass to the pc crowd and their corporate sponsors. Just cut that rule book in half is all I'm saying it does not need to be the size of a thesaurus. It's just football let em play and stop over thinking all this shit.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fukk Tuck Rule, Fukk Brady

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by the_referee View Post
    As am official, let me answer this for you. It only gets called (running into) if you run into the kicking leg. Roughing gets called if you hit the planted leg.

Now you can go back to your life of bragging about banging ugly girls with low self esteem.
    Hey dumb asss I know what running into and a personal foul roughing the kicker is. Running into the kicker isn't being called at all... and the kicker is being hit.

TheMoneyShot

You don't know shiit. They call it only if they hit the kicking leg. They call roughing of they hit the planted leg. They changed the rule several years ago smart guy and don't call anything unless they hit a leg. But you didn't know that because ur a dumbass. Go back to banging 2s and 3s and bragging about it.
    I didn't know SBR hired Doink The Clown.

Get your mickey mouse clown a$$ out of here.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

As am official, let me answer this for you. It only gets called (running into) if you run into the kicking leg. Roughing gets called if you hit the planted leg.

Now you can go back to your life of bragging about banging ugly girls with low self esteem.
    Whose ghost is this?

TheMoneyShot

Nice comeback. Change the subject after I exposed your ignorance. Next week I can teach you the difference between a dead ball foul and live ball foul, fuckin moron
    The only thing you exposed... is your pu$$y self. Use your real handle when you write to me you gutless wonder.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well anyone watching Queefs/Pitt right now just witnessed the b.s. I was talking about by review what was a catch all day long!! Call stood as a catch but announcers still debating like idiots over this b.s. arbitrary rule lol. Probably be 1 of 10 we see today Briguy!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Once again Briguy that bonehead rule strikes with that Dez catch. Hate the Cowpokes and glad that rule fukked them but it's so retarded!!! Not wise to question R.P. on football matters I know the gm pretty g#ddamn well.