House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Thursday Night Football , lets talk about it ...

I see the Raiders D is getting better but that offense is nothing but offensive lol I don't think Carr will be able to handle this Chiefs D... The thing about the Raiders is they've played better on the road this year , its at home where they've gotten blown out by the Phins 38-14 ... the Texans 30-14 .....Denver 41-17 ...< I don't think I see the trend changing vs the Chiefs ...Im leaning ml large and -7 for a couple units .. How are you playing this one guys ?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13206

I'm not. LOL. It only menas something to KC, tied with Denver. And, they cannot afford a loss in their division. BOL.

House

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    I'm not. LOL. It only menas something to KC, tied with Denver. And, they cannot afford a loss in their division. BOL.
    Exactly , so you think the Raiders cover Mag ? I see the Chiefs handling business by 14 plus

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Exactly , so you think the Raiders cover Mag ? I see the Chiefs handling business by 14 plus
    It is really to early to say. To many pending factors, weather, injuries, arrests, LOL. etc. If you really needed action on a game like this you should consider a tease or the ML. For example, wasn't crazy about MNF but for the sake of it took tease with Pitt -.5 and under 52. Got lucky. And, I NEVER bet under. LOL.

House

Bro, the Chiefs have Denver the following week , its a MUST WIN to have a chance to take over first in week 13 .... The Raiders are horrible , Chiefs are not loosing this game ,the ML is good imo and they want to sweep the Raiders for the two easy wins and it starts in Oakland , they have a D thats great vs the pass , very hard on the QB and forces turnovers , Carr is injured , he's a little gimpy this week < The Raiders have to run it and we know what the Chiefs do with that , just like Seattle the Chiefs play their defense at first balanced and keying on the pass ,when they know that they have the pass game under control they start creeping more into the box to shut the run down , this is how they find their balance on D , its been working ..trust me , if the Chiefs wanted to be a run stop D first they would be in the top 3 remember , when they have to they stop it like nobody, I don't know how many people said the Chiefs will give up the first rushing TD this year to the #1 run game of Seattle < NOPE and shut down on 4th twice as well .....I think this is a large play but thats just my opinion ... The team thats more banged up and at key positions is the Raiders not the Chiefs .... Name:  111714-InjuryReport-Chart.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  64.7 KB

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

The first line says it all: The Chiefs have Denver next week. They could get lost looking past an inferior opponenet. But, as I say probably not touching this game. You make a compelling argument and BOL.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe parlay OAK and the under, if it stays low and tight maybe they can cover in a tough division rival game?

House

Starting corners and safety did DNP , I'll bet the Chiefs get their first TD to a WR this week ... Bowe is gonna get one .. and they'll run for 3 and special teams might get one < Dude they got from Oregon is nice ....

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

The first line says it all: The Chiefs have Denver next week. They could get lost looking past an inferior opponenet. But, as I say probably not touching this game. You make a compelling argument and BOL.
    I agree with you in most cases Mag, teams often do look ahead to the big game when playing down to a crappy opponent the week before. However, with coaches like Reid, Bill B, Jim Harbaugh etc you rarely see this. That is not to say these coaches do not lose but they are too good to be throwing away 1 of their only 16 games. Also, Reid is statistically one of the best November coaches from a record standpoint. Raiders will not be able to stop the KC ground game, they may have the ball for over 40 minutes in this one.

GL Buddy

House

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Maybe parlay OAK and the under, if it stays low and tight maybe they can cover in a tough division rival game?
    This is the kinda game the Chiefs put a lot of points on the board .... they wanna get all cylinders clicking before next week .. The Raiders are a good team to do that against ...If you want me to say it I will ... I think the Chiefs blowout the Raiders this week , try to get a good lead early and then rest some guys for next week ....35-10 kinda , maybe they give up a soft one at the end of the game 35-17 ......and then it could also be a 27-6 kinda game also .... I don't see the Raiders punching it in much

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    I agree with you in most cases Mag, teams often do look ahead to the big game when playing down to a crappy opponent the week before. However, with coaches like Reid, Bill B, Jim Harbaugh etc you rarely see this. That is not to say these coaches do not lose but they are too good to be throwing away 1 of their only 16 games. Also, Reid is statistically one of the best November coaches from a record standpoint. Raiders will not be able to stop the KC ground game, they may have the ball for over 40 minutes in this one.

GL Buddy
    Shame on you for putting Harbaugh in the same sentence as Belicheck & Reid. I hate that f.... crybaby. LOL.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Shame on you for putting Harbaugh in the same sentence as Belicheck & Reid. I hate that f.... crybaby. LOL.
    Hahaha, Me too man, me too. Trying to be objective here, but yea guy is a d*ck

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Even if the defense plays "well", the Raiders have no offensive output. I think the offense will come together for one game this season, but I do not think this is the one. KC defense is too good for this struggling team. I believe Raiders are 1-4 ATS at home this season, and something in the range of 33% ATS at home over the last several years.

House

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Even if the defense plays "well", the Raiders have no offensive output. I think the offense will come together for one game this season, but I do not think this is the one. KC defense is too good for this struggling team. I believe Raiders are 1-4 ATS at home this season, and something in the range of 33% ATS at home over the last several years.
    agreed

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Under low stack

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

KC first half. no way i'm watching this whole game.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Tease Kc and Denver end of story.

Last edited by birdman24; 11-20-14 at 12:24 AM.

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

As a Raiders fan who has unfortunately watched all their games this year, this team is really really bad. I don't like Alex Smith and think the Chiefs offense is not great, but the defense is legit and more than enough to stop the Raiders.

The Raiders have scored a touchdown in the last 2 minutes of the game 5 times this year. There's always a strong risk of a backdoor cover, and for that reason I would recommend taking the 1H rather than the full game. The Raiders are about as bad as they come in terms of second half adjustments, so on the off chance that the Chiefs don't win your 1H bet, feel free to double up on Q3 at halftime.

That said, short week Thursday games have a way of going weird. I wouldn't bet the farm, but maybe the kids college fund.

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Chiefs win, Raiders cover.