jpp9123
    jpp9123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

going back on saints for a few reasons

1. They are the better team.
    2. Brees (and the saints) will be out to prove they can win a big game on the road in the cold
    3. More experienced nfl coach. Been a great first pro season for Chip Kelly but I'll trust the seasoned vet to put together a better game plan
    4. This is a big factor in my opinion, I noticed against dallas that philly is SMALL. They have a very small team. Their defense is small and fast, but I see graham making plays over them all day and them possibly getting pushed around a bit.
    5. Foles really has a problem dropping his eyes and running around like a scared child when pressure is brought. I think dallas began to exploit this and Philly was almost a little lucky to come out with win. I see Rob Ryan getting the best of Foles with his blitzes tomorrow.

going big on saints

jpp9123
    jpp9123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

well this thread should be titled going BIG on saints, not back on saints. oh well though, discuss

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Like the Eagles here, playing smoking hot football at home.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Saints haven't proven to anyone thy can win on the road.

bo281
    bo281's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1241

Quote Originally Posted by jpp9123 View Post
    1. They are the better team.
    2. Brees (and the saints) will be out to prove they can win a big game on the road in the cold
    3. More experienced nfl coach. Been a great first pro season for Chip Kelly but I'll trust the seasoned vet to put together a better game plan
    4. This is a big factor in my opinion, I noticed against dallas that philly is SMALL. They have a very small team. Their defense is small and fast, but I see graham making plays over them all day and them possibly getting pushed around a bit.
    5. Foles really has a problem dropping his eyes and running around like a scared child when pressure is brought. I think dallas began to exploit this and Philly was almost a little lucky to come out with win. I see Rob Ryan getting the best of Foles with his blitzes tomorrow.

going big on saints
    Love your points. Especially number 5, very spot on. Foles is terrible against the blitz. I live in Philly and hear the field is a mess, which really limits Shady. Foles will need to play very well to win the game. This game reminds me of Philly vs GB a few years back. Same exact spread, an unproven Philly a small favorite against a much better team and quarterback.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Philly in this one, but GL

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Saints. Saints defense can hold Eagles under 20points. Under 54 also is my BIG play this playoffs.

CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

See nothing about how bad they are on the road and plus can't forget the weather will be a huge factor for a team like drew Bree's...it'll be freezing..Bree's has to win the game for saints which he can easily do but it'll be tough..foles just needs to avoid mistakes n put his team n good spots..Bree's should kill this secondary,,.gluck

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    Has Rodgers?

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Like the Eagles here, playing smoking hot football at home.
    Granted they win their last four at home but overall 4-4 home record is a little disconcerting.

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    Couple weeks ago ironically after they lost to the jets i believe brees laid out interesting fact. Since 2009. No nfl team had a better road record than the saints. Not sure if that is still true though. Anyway philly defense is horrible. A 2year rusty Khle orton threw for 350 on them. Dont bet much nfl but taking saints on this one.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Has Rodgers?

2010 Playoffs he won every single playoff game on the road

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

On the Saints bigtime this week.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Hate they playing each other as I was looking to fade both. As is I think aints the lessor of 2 evils here and are worth a play at plus money, not sure about a big play cause I don't trust them, just think they better than a philly team who's d wears down late and won the crappy NFC least..

Eddy Munny

This is "gut" play more than anything. The whole narrative for this game all week has been the Saints and how they've struggled on the road. It's hit a fever pitch. On the road this, on the road that. People act like it's some ironclad rule now and the Saints are just forever doomed in road games. I'm sure the players are sick and tired of it. It just seems like this is week N.O. pulls it together and quells the chatter.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This is "gut" play more than anything. The whole narrative for this game all week has been the Saints and how they've struggled on the road. It's hit a fever pitch. On the road this, on the road that. People act like it's some ironclad rule now and the Saints are just forever doomed in road games. I'm sure the players are sick and tired of it. It just seems like this is week N.O. pulls it together and quells the chatter.
    While I kinda agree this was basically the same logic ppl were using to justify backing the aints in Seattle.. Clearly sea a tougher team and harder place to play than Philly but heard the same buildup. I think aints win as well but think the talk is justified as numbers don't lie and their numbers away from the dome look nothing the same..really it comes down to fading Philly for me more than trusting Brees and his band of pussies in the cold...

Eddy Munny

Yeah, I'm fading the Philly D and betting on the Saints to buck the trend all at once. Eagles defense should be right medicine to what ails Brees and co. on the road. Plus, I don't think the weather will be that big of factor. It'll be cold, but not Neptune-cold, like at Lambeau......and no signs that wind or precipitation will factor in.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Can a Eagles team win a 60 minute playoff game with their lack of time of possession?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by IllyPhilly[DOC] View Post
    Can a Eagles team win a 60 minute playoff game with their lack of time of possession?
    This the biggest reason why I've been unwilling to give Philly a lot of credit, they have wore down late in so many games, yes they hung on to win most of them it was against shitty qbs. If saints own the top all gm as most teams do against Philly their no way I'd wanna be holding a Philly ticket as Brees will punish a tired d..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yeah, I'm fading the Philly D and betting on the Saints to buck the trend all at once. Eagles defense should be right medicine to what ails Brees and co. on the road. Plus, I don't think the weather will be that big of factor. It'll be cold, but not Neptune-cold, like at Lambeau......and no signs that wind or precipitation will factor in.
    Agree weather really isn't or at least shouldn't be a issue. I think aints biggest problem on the road offensively is they do too much at the los with their play calling, think they should tone it down a bit and just call a play in the huddle instead of trying to communicate so much at the line in a noisy environment..

The way orten picked Philly apart certainly would make ya think Brees outta have a field day.. Guess my biggest worry is saints not great in the red zone this season and Philly d has been really good limiting teams when they get inside the 20..

Rumplebeanskin
    Rumplebeanskin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 611

New Orleans heads to Philadelphia for a Saturday night game, and the temperature is expected to be in the high teens by kickoff. That is a bad sign for a team that has struggled in those conditions.

The Saints have never won a road playoff game, and dome teams in general have a poor record in cold weather games. In playoff games where the weather was 35 degrees or below, dome teams have won 3 of 25 games
    I agree, the Saints are the better team, and have the better coach, but I'm putting my cash on the Eagles I think.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hate they playing each other as I was looking to fade both. As is I think aints the lessor of 2 evils here and are worth a play at plus money, not sure about a big play cause I don't trust them, just think they better than a philly team who's d wears down late and won the crappy NFC least..
    easy
    fade saints tonight
    fade eagles next week

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    easy
    fade saints tonight
    fade eagles next week
    Oh I'm fading either next week, of coarse line will prob make it harder than it sounds now.. I just can't back Philly as favs here, it aints or nothing side wise but still havnt convinced myself passing isn't best option, this wild card round seems a lot tougher than some years to me, only bet I love is Cincy-6.5, the rest I could make a case for either side, well not really in sf/gb I think sf much better but -5 degrees makes that gm hard to cap IMO..

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Has Rodgers?
    Epic fail.

kid_mikey_84
    kid_mikey_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    easy
    fade saints tonight
    fade eagles next week

kid_mikey_84
    kid_mikey_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course the Saints are the better team....AT HOME...

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Saints cant play in the cold and Brees is only a beast in the Superdome. Struggled on the road all year...against NE, NYJ, TB, SEA, ATL, STL and CAR. Also I believe all road games they've played went UNDER except for the NE game.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Saints on road = LOSER

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I have taken the saints so many times this year and they were just a complete let down.. Cant take them, may dabble with the O/U