redtuna
    redtuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Suppose you are GM of the Houston Texans

As a GM you are looking for a QB and you have the first pick in the 2014 draft. Washington offers you Robert Griffin for the #1 pick. Would you make the trade?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

No way in hell. The guy is an injury machine. But HOU needs a QB and I don't have any better suggestions.

slacker00

I've been rolling this one around in my mind. Any chance Cutler enters the conversation? Just spit balling here.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24997

Why in the hell would Houston flip the #1 pick for RGIII and his sketchy knee? If they're intent on landing a quarterback with the top pick, then it's either Johnny Football or Bridgewater, not damaged goods coming off a massive sophomore slump.

But they might just take Clowney, and address the qb situation by some other means.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Teddy is an excellent qb prospect , no way id pass on him. What free agent qbs are outthere now anyhow that can actually carry a team? Not many if any.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Teddy is an excellent qb prospect , no way id pass on him. What free agent qbs are outthere now anyhow that can actually carry a team? Not many if any.
    Cutler is a FA, but CHI may tag him. Vick is a FA, use him as a rental for one year to kick the can down the road?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't touch RG3 with a first round pick, let alone a first overall pick. Give me Bridgewater, and I wasn't 100% on him till about a week ago. I'd also rather have Carr, Bortles, and Manziel over RG3 at this point.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

trade the pick and get more picks or bolster your roster with other players. there is no qb that will change your team worth the number #1 pick. clowney is good but its the same bullshitt as the other guy they got, now he is gone. you do not win with number #1 picks, you win with a strong team top to bottom, and smart coaching staff, and a qb that chooses not to throw pick sixes.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by redtuna View Post
    As a GM you are looking for a QB and you have the first pick in the 2014 draft. Washington offers you Robert Griffin for the #1 pick. Would you make the trade?
    yes.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Just got a tweet:

Texans owner willing to trade out of number 1 to get a qb plus a defensive player

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Guy had excellent talent around him and played a shit schedule.

The NFL is all about consistency. You need to basically throw 2TD 1INT or better per week. Yeah he played a few good games but his schedule was shit.

ESPN keeps pumping his 31TD and 4INT. OK, what about a D2 QB with D1 talent that throws for 50TD and 2 INT, would you say he's better?