Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some early lines--what do you think?

Bears are +2.5 dogs at home vs. Carolina.

Houston +6.5 at home vs. Chiefs

Packers -4 at home vs. Vikings

I think Carolina can win, and K.C. should too, despite their awful showing at Buffalo. The Vikings are playing better, but so is the Pack. A Ryan Longwell field goal could win that game.

BTW, Michigan is a dog at home too (+3) on Saturday.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15467

Shawn- If you are taking the Bears and Hou wait a little as the lines will go up.

Shawn01

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001
    Shawn- If you are taking the Bears and Hou wait a little as the lines will go up.
    I already bet, but that's because I took Carolina. I also like them at that number.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I really like the Panthers -2.5
    I'm on that game too! I was expecting a number of 3.5, 4.5 or even 6.5. 2.5 is an early Christmas present.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

CHIC's record is very misleading....they've beat DET, MINN, BAL, and SF at home and had two road wins against DET and NO.

I am sorry to say this but those teams are not good at all...det and minn look better but they are hardly the cream of the crop.

What stands out to me is the CINC blowout win at Soldiers and that is what this game is likely to end up as. CHIC is going to be a good fade the last 7 games of the year...just bet against them every game and you should be okay.

get this one at -2.5 before it goes up.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

scUM caught my eye too...they are in virtually the same situation as OSU was last year...almost identical. OSU started slow and finished strong and that is what is happening w/Michigan.

I may swallow my pride and go ahead and lay a little on the Mich ML...i think they win outright.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is probably irrelevant, but I consider Chicago the only playable side of that game, assuming the line gets to +3 Even or maybe even 3.5. The Cincinatti blowout BB referred to was a very misleading final, as the Bears outplayed the Bengals at every position except QB. Orton threw 5 interceptions that led to almost all of the Bengals points in their 24-7 victory. He has matured and likely will not repeat that this season. Regardless, I am passing on the game; I just feel like you all may be getting ahead of yourself laying points in Chicago against the best defense in the league.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    This is probably irrelevant, but I consider Chicago the only playable side of that game, assuming the line gets to +3 Even or maybe even 3.5. The Cincinatti blowout BB referred to was a very misleading final, as the Bears outplayed the Bengals at every position except QB. Orton threw 5 interceptions that led to almost all of the Bengals points in their 24-7 victory. He has matured and likely will not repeat that this season. Regardless, I am passing on the game; I just feel like you all may be getting ahead of yourself laying points in Chicago against the best defense in the league.
    I agree with Razz to some extent. The Bears are 6-3, which speaks for itself. Sure, they've whipped up on some weak competition, but so have the Colts at 9-0 and everyone's drooling over them. I've seen most of the Bear's games this year, and they have played solid, especially on defense. The offense is suprisingly efficient, avoiding major mistakes and playing clock control.

Still, the Bears haven't played a team like Carolina yet this year. This game will be a real test to see if the Bear's are "for real". I'm betting that they are not, and giving the 2 1/2 points and taking Carolina. Then again I love betting against QBs with major weaknesses. Simms made me eat some major shit last weekend.

Shawn01

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    I may swallow my pride and go ahead and lay a little on the Mich ML...i think they win outright.
    Sacrilege! You pinko Commie anarchist!! May your predication never be, and may the Wolverines of the armpit of the world be disgraced to the point of pants-wetting. Shame on you BuddyBear....shame, shame, shame!