daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Chiefs impressed me

Would it really be a surprise if they made a run in the AFC? That defense is nasty with good pass rushers, a nose tackle that clogs the middle and good defensive backs.

Offense is okay with a quarterback who doesn't make many mistakes and a good running back. Depth at receiver and unwillingness to pass the ball downfield may end up doing them in though.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave daneblazer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i also like their special team

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tough thing is Denver in their division. KC will snag a wildcard.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Easy top 5 defense

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

KC has a ton of talent with a QB that will not lose them games. THey remind me of the Ravens when they won it all with Dilfer. Only Alex Smith is better than Dilfer. Both Defenses loaded with athletes. Would not be surprised to see KC give Denver a run for their money.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Couldn't put it in the end zone against that sorry Philly Defense after all those turnovers. Only 17 points at home against a bad Cowboys defense. Scoring points will be their problem. Teams with a good run D should beat them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can never win with QB

9-7 maybe 10-6 and lose 1st round

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

#1 wildcard. then win 1st round @ foxborough

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

I could see them giving Denver a run for their money too Their D would out match Denver's D. and Charles would close the big gap between Manning and Smith at QB. wouldn't put DEN much more than -3.5 / -6.5 pending who's home..

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Good enough they could beat the Vick Dream Team @ home for Reid, who should be very proud of his players.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

they lose 3 of next 4.

BIGSACK
    BIGSACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

They r very likely to be a wild card. The biggest question mark is Alex smith, he plays solid but not outstanding by any measure, just a game manager. Their defense got very lucky yesterday. They r very good but also showed some vulnerabilities. Mccoy ran for like 158 while averages 7.9 yds carry and Vick ran wild at times and hit desean with deep balls. Wait til they see manning, it won't be pretty.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

AFC west is the powerhouse division this year. cept for my hapless raiders, but even they didnt look half as pathetic as they did last season (so far)

hazeee
    hazeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 955

^No, only Broncos are considered a powerhouse. Chiefs benefit from a weak schedule aside from Texans and Broncos. They will definitely make playoffs as a wildcard but to think they are even in the same league as the NFC West? Yeah righttttt

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

let the overvalue of KC begin. they beat the worst team in the league, they won theyre home opener(as the majority of NFL teams do) and they beat a franchise that has gone 18-12 SU and 10-20 ATS at Home since '99 when facing Non-Conference opponents.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Philly has an awful defense, the Chiefs offense wasn't impressive especially on short yardage, goal line, and at the end of the 1st half. Welcome to Andy Reid ball.

With that said Andy Reid won more games than the fat black Romeo Crennell did in an entire season, after 3 friggin games. Keep singing the diversity rooney rule toon ESPN.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    let the overvalue of KC begin. they beat the worst team in the league, they won theyre home opener(as the majority of NFL teams do) and they beat a franchise that has gone 18-12 SU and 10-20 ATS at Home since '99 when facing Non-Conference opponents.

pretty obvious they've been undervalued all year. They had studs last year. How they won 2 games who knows?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

their offense suks ass

andy reids play calling = shit

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Would it really be a surprise if they made a run in the AFC? That defense is nasty with good pass rushers, a nose tackle that clogs the middle and good defensive backs.

Offense is okay with a quarterback who doesn't make many mistakes and a good running back. Depth at receiver and unwillingness to pass the ball downfield may end up doing them in though.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Couldn't put it in the end zone against that sorry Philly Defense after all those turnovers. Only 17 points at home against a bad Cowboys defense. Scoring points will be their problem. Teams with a good run D should beat them.
    Something like this. Let's see. Let's hope they don't have to come from behind.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by hazeee View Post
    ^No, only Broncos are considered a powerhouse. Chiefs benefit from a weak schedule aside from Texans and Broncos. They will definitely make playoffs as a wildcard but to think they are even in the same league as the NFC West? Yeah righttttt
    But they are in the same league as the NFC west it's called the nfl

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Have to agree with Chopper on this. Not just talking smack being a KC Cooze hater but who have they played? Jags nuff said, Cowpokes who are always overrated when is the last time they did anything? Take the star off the helmet and they are the Bungles! Far as Philly goes we have all witnessed the past 2 weeks they still are who we thought they were. Vick still an overrated turnover machine, defense blows, and Chip still has a lot to learn now that he realizes his days are over running up 40 or blowout wins every week. Philly still the same pile of shit they just call the plays quicker now lol! Far as KC I admit they have improved the D looks real good, but will the offense provide enough when it's needed vs a team like Denver. They will benefit from a weak Afc though and get a WC I think with 9 or MAYBE 10 wins.

chopperocker

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    pretty obvious they've been undervalued all year. They had studs last year. How they won 2 games who knows?
    I dont see what your implying at all. its more like the cowboys and eagles are overvalued as they are every year holding 2 of the largest public backing betting markets.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    I dont see what your implying at all. its more like the cowboys and eagles are overvalued as they are every year holding 2 of the largest public backing betting markets.

probably the most talented team in history to only win 2 games. With a real coach and better QB, they will AT LEAST make the playoffs. What do they not have?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Chiefs got in the playoffs a few seasons ago because of their defense.
    Getting a smart head coach in Andy Reid who knows how to win games.

chopperocker

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    probably the most talented team in history to only win 2 games. With a real coach and better QB, they will AT LEAST make the playoffs. What do they not have?
    I agree they have talent and have a good shot at a wildcard spot. they will benefit from facing NO Post-BYE teams this season. however, they will face back2back Pre-BYE teams(vs Raiders 10/13, vs Texans 10/20) and the Road team usually reaps the benefits of this situation.

summer lines had Giants -1.5 @ Chiefs week 4. in hindsight Chiefs +1.5 has great value.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

interested to see how the chiefs will do when they are down 10-14 points.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

giants will smack them next game

caytrano
    caytrano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Easy top 5 defense
    I think not easy

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a pretty cake schedule to start. Facing two teams from the worst division on football + the worst team in the league to start. They need to get as many Ws as they can before the bye. Their last seven games - they might be lucky to win twice.

Big question will be can they win then they need an offense? I think their defense is good, but I'm not as sold as some to be on it being great.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    giants will smack them next game
    not if they dont learn to run the ball..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Chiefs have had some good players and the foundation for awhile now. Alex Smith is a very decent qb. Jamaal Charles is a very good rb. They have good defense and special teams. They should make the playoffs. Anything can happen then.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

who will be on the list running for wild card with KC then? I see New England, Miami, Ravens, and maybe SD joining the run.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I look at their schedule and final 2 games will be vs IND and SD.......maybe important gms to sneak in playoff spot???

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Not sold on this team. They remind me of last year's Cardinals after that flukey start.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I know they do not make their own schedules in Nfl. But I have said for a very long time..."You have to beat somebody to be somebody". Yes they are improved and Reid has them motivated but until further notice the jury is still out on KC.