SportsInsights
    SportsInsights's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Broncos vs. Ravens: Is it smart to bet against last year's Super Bowl teams?

While breaking down tonight's game, I decided to use BetLabs to look at how teams coming off Super Bowl appearances perform ATS the following season. Interestingly, since 2005, Super Bowl winners and losers only cover 43.8% of time (28-36) through their first four games of the next season.

After game four, Super Bowl winners improve to 55.3% ATS. Losers improve as well, but still only cover 49.5% of games the rest of the way.

Is anyone else considering Denver tonight?

Dan

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

taking Denver 5 dimes has -9+115 can buy down to 7 -120

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

I am looking for a "system play" that I read here last year where you bet against the superbowl winner and if the first game loses you double up on the second against them. I thought I remember that it has never gone to the 3rd game or 4th game. Therefore, theres a high probability that the superbowl winner wont cover the first or second game? Would love to hear details on it (other than my memory). LOL GL regardless.

SportsInsights

Quote Originally Posted by Winning oasis View Post
    I am looking for a "system play" that I read here last year where you bet against the superbowl winner and if the first game loses you double up on the second against them. I thought I remember that it has never gone to the 3rd game or 4th game. Therefore, theres a high probability that the superbowl winner wont cover the first or second game? Would love to hear details on it (other than my memory). LOL GL regardless.
    That sounds like a martingale system (doubling your bet until you win) which I would suggest never following.

SportsInsights

The market moved to 7.5

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

denver -6.5