nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sea v. CHI

Bears -9.5 O/U 38 at pinny.

Leaning under.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got to take the points here with the way Grossman has been playing.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    I got to take the points here with the way Grossman has been playing.
    Alexander did not play in the first matchup and I think this meeting will be alot closer. I also love Seattle plus the points Sunday.

nosuzieno

I was surprised it opened this high...Seattle's previous thumping at Chicago, dubious road record and extra week for Bears D to heal must all factor but yeah, Grossman has not done anything for me to justify laying this kind of chalk.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

A lot of people will go against Seattle because of the regular season thumping, plus the injuries on defense. I think Seattle has a good shot here. QB is better, running game is better, coach is much better. Bears better on defense, but they didn't look so great toward the end of the season. I see a 20-17 type of game.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I like over seattle defense is suspect also when grossman airs it out berrian is there to receive Hassleback should light it up with branch and stevens because it will be needed. I think running game for seattle will only come into play if they get the lead (big if)but the bears will score TD's forcing seattle to throw. Shit the bears D is good for 1 score themselves guaranteed or return special teams. Bears will jump out early so play the bears and over 1st half. Seattle will be playing from behind all game and fir that slight chance they do win it will be by a late TD because they will trail by at least 6 all game.

AC1318

If wallace was QB for the day I would take the seahawks.
    If only Huard played for KC they would have beat the colts.
    All these starters are too inconsistent and when the backup gets the shot everyone has showed up the number 1.

McNabb Garcia
    McNair Boller
    Green Huard
    Rothlisburger Batch
    Leftwich Garrard
    Plummer Cutler
    Hassleback Wallace

Grossman might stink in many peoples opinions but the bears still win win he does, and they adapt

If Hassleback has a bad game forget it lights out for seattle, the only thing they have to their advantage is being in it last year

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like sea and the points.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I think Seattle covers EASILY and has an excellent chance to win outright. See my reasoning in seperate thread.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuts
    I like sea and the points.
    Same here bud, but I still hope the Bears win.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Trap, Trap, Trap

This game has trap bet written all over it.

Taken the bears will be the correct play this weekend. The Bears have not been playing thier base cover 2 defense since the Patriot game. A lesson lovie learned last season when they lost to the panthers. They have been giving teams garbage video clips for weeks now. Hence them being an almost 9 point favorite. U would think the line would be at 3 but its not because if it was everyone would take Chi-Town.

This will be a slick trap bet whoever takes seattle and the points.

trust me

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

Its pretty obvious that this year Grossman is either near razor sharp or completely worthless. If you look at Rex's only other playoff game (underated Panthers at Chi.) he played sharp enough to keep them in the game, it was the almighty defense and coaching that lost that game. Basically having the last 3 weeks off to prepare ( he even said he really didnt care about the Pack) and Seattle's weak secondary, even though they played good enough against Dallas, I see Rex having a good/great game. The Bears defense is a little more healthier then lately and it was obvious they had homefield advantage locked up after beating the Giants in week 10. I dont see the D and coaching having a letdown like last year. Entire team already has the confidence from the huge blowout of Seattle (without Alexander) at home in week 3.
    9 is slightly high but the over looks solid.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

bears fan here

i thought 9.5 for seattle was quite a high number

seattle would be the only play i could make but staying off this

Illusion

The forcast is calling for east winds at 20 mph with rain/sleet/snow. That field is gonna be slick.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree I think the line is begging you to take Seattle, which means I'm leanin' Bears. Seattle was a horrible regular season team, horrible road team, and terrible in the +/- department. Chicago is tied for 2nd in the league at +13 and Seattle sits at -9. And before you say Hasselbeck and Alexander were out, Hasselbeck had 15 INTs in 12 games and Alexander had 5 fumbles. This team is terrible and in no way is built for the playoffs. The only reason they are even playing this week is because of Tony Romo. Seattle overachieved to get here - Chicago in a blowout.

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago

You gotta take 'da Bears in this one. If Seattle had played an opponent that actually showed up at the game ready to play last week, they would be watching this game from home.

Dallas made so many mistakes last week and still had a chance to win. The line is influenced by the perception that Seattle won last week. Seattle was just the next to last team to make a mistake last week.

Chicago will easily cover the spread.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

Hard for me to lay money on Grossman. If I had to bet this game, it would be with the Seachickens. But Im not betting anything in this one. Good luck everyone.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318
    I like over seattle defense is suspect also when grossman airs it out berrian is there to receive Hassleback should light it up with branch and stevens because it will be needed. I think running game for seattle will only come into play if they get the lead (big if)but the bears will score TD's forcing seattle to throw. Shit the bears D is good for 1 score themselves guaranteed or return special teams. Bears will jump out early so play the bears and over 1st half. Seattle will be playing from behind all game and fir that slight chance they do win it will be by a late TD because they will trail by at least 6 all game.
    over

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318
    over
    Great assesment and played small over b/c of it. Just lookin' for a field goal now

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I need the Bears to win by 24

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Grossman has thrown for 200yds already.. Wow..

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

If this game gets tight, Grossman should win it for Seattle IMO

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

You might be right...
    Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    If this game gets tight, Grossman should win it for Seattle IMO

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

There you have it!

After the SEA/DAL game-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Razz
    By the way, the officials totally gave this game to the Seahawks.

Quoted by nevadaside
    Thought it was all the cocktails that had me thinkin this...glad I wasn't seeing things after all.
    The SeaSquaks will last as long as ice cream on hot asphalt in Palm Springs in July as they continue on!
    Last edited by nevadaside; 01-14-07 at 04:23 PM.