SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vernon Croy: Back Bears -8½ vs Seahawks

Back Bears -8½ vs Seahawks

Game Time: 1/14/2007 1:00:00 PM
    By: Vernon Croy
    http://www.procappers.com

The Chicago Bears, rested after a weekend off, should handle the Seattle Seahawks easily this Sunday in the Windy City.

Take the Bears here to cover this game by 10 at home where they are 100% perfect against the spread as a 7½ to 10 point favorite the last three seasons.

Look for the Bears' defense to shut down this Seahawks offense completely, and I would not be surprised if they held them to 10 points or less. The Bears have outscored their opponents by an average of over 12 ppg at home this season and Seattle is 0-4 against the spread against NFC North opponents this season.

Play: Bears -8½

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle is the only way I can play this game.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

quick tip

Taken the bears will be the correct play this weekend. The Bears have not been playing thier base cover 2 defense since the Patriot game. A lesson lovie learned last season when they lost to the panthers. They have been giving teams garbage video clips for weeks now. Hence them being an almost 9 point favorite. U would think it would just be 3 and if it was everyone would take Chi-Town. This will be a slick trap bet whoever takes seattle and the points.

trust me

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock21
    Taken the bears will be the correct play this weekend. The Bears have not been playing thier base cover 2 defense since the Patriot game. A lesson lovie learned last season when they lost to the panthers. They have been giving teams garbage video clips for weeks now. Hence them being an almost 9 point favorite. U would think it would just be 3 and if it was everyone would take Chi-Town. This will be a slick trap bet whoever takes seattle and the points.
    trust me
    Agreed on all points. Bears is the play here, though I'd prefer to get them at -7.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like the Seahawks plus the points in this one myself...

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

trust me
    Would this really matter to teams preparing to play them? Teams can go back and get video from any week of the season to see defensive looks and tendencies. I imagine Seattle will be pulling some tape from week 4 when they got hammered 37-6.

SYCEONER
    SYCEONER's Avatar Become A Pro!

takin the bears is a sucker bet , grossman is the worst qb in the playoffs no way they kill the streakin seahawks

Hemlock21

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    Would this really matter to teams preparing to play them? Teams can go back and get video from any week of the season to see defensive looks and tendencies. I imagine Seattle will be pulling some tape from week 4 when they got hammered 37-6.

I can see you never played football or understand how teams prepare for a playoff game..

-Good luck to you all

begolf25

I can see you never played football or understand how teams prepare for a playoff game..

-Good luck to you all
    LOL, that's pretty funny. It shows you know even less to think that the coaching staffs on pro teams only look at the last few games of a season to prepare for a game. I am sure the Seahawks have been game planning for this week by only going over the defensive schemes of Chicago using the game film from their last game against Green Bay.

You honestly think you are the only one that realizes the Bears have been playing vanilla the last few weeks of the season?

Hemlock21

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    LOL, that's pretty funny. It shows you know even less to think that the coaching staffs on pro teams only look at the last few games of a season to prepare for a game. I am sure the Seahawks have been game planning for this week by only going over the defensive schemes of Chicago using the game film from their last game against Green Bay.

You honestly think you are the only one that realizes the Bears have been playing vanilla the last few weeks of the season?
    U still don't get it dude. I'm not giving out any more top secret information. Take Seattle and lose your hat.

begolf25

U still don't get it dude. I'm not giving out any more top secret information. Take Seattle and lose your hat.
    Considering that my post had nothing to do with taking Seattle it is easy to see who the one that does not get it is. Your inability to answer a few simple questions shows me it is pointless to continue responding to your posts.

But if you do have anymore "top secret information" such as "They have been giving teams garbage video clips for weeks now." please feel free to share it with the forum.

begolf25

trust me

Thanks for the "top secret" info Hemlock. Glad we determined who doesn't know anything about football. Better go get yourself a new hat.