TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Aaron Rodgers "It's Time To Heal" Towards Favre Saga In 2008

Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday that it's time for the "healing process to begin" between the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre, adding that he hopes the quarterback's No. 4 can be retired by the team before he is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    [+] EnlargePhoto by AJ Mast/Invision/APBrett Favre made a surprise joint appearance with Aaron Rodgers at the NFL Honors award ceremony earlier this year to present Peyton Manning with his Comeback Player of the Year honor.

Rodgers, in a radio interview with "The Jim Rome Show," said he's "excited" about the prospect of Favre and the Packers reuniting in some way.
    "It's been too long," Rodgers said. "You know, our country and the state of Wisconsin, these people are a people of second and third and fourth chances. I think it's time to let the healing process begin for those who are still upset for what went down."
    The relationship between Favre and the Packers has been frayed since 2008, when the Packers traded Favre to the New York Jets after he came out of retirement, choosing to go with Rodgers as their quarterback. Favre signed with the Minnesota Vikings, the Packers' NFC North archrival, a season later, further weakening the bond between the star quarterback and the team.
    Favre and Rodgers made a surprise joint appearance at the NFL Honors awards show earlier this year to present Peyton Manning his Comeback Player of the Year Award. Rodgers said the reunion between the two former teammates "felt great."
    "I was totally OK with being out front of that, and I'm very secure of the things I've been able to accomplish with the team and individually here in Green Bay, and excited about the chance to see him again and get his number retired here before he goes into Canton," he said.
    Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy said earlier this month during the team's Tailgate Tour that he wanted Favre "back involved in the organization soon" and expressed his desire to retire Favre's number at "the right time for him and us."
    "I look forward to him being back in the fold, as Mark Murphy has said," Rodgers said Wednesday. "I think it's time for our fans, this organization and Brett to heal through this and to move forward together before he gets the greatest honor of being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

I agree... Favre was one amazing QB. And life goes on. Deserves his #4 retired in GB Land

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Aaron Rodgers is a class act....

Favre treated him like crap his first three years at Green Bay.