will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Jets must trade up for Geno Smith (backup plan also)

If indeed nobody is taking the bait, do whatever you have to do to get either Matt Barkley or Landry Jones. I prefer Barkley. The Jets can even trade down and get more picks and still snatch Barkley or Jones. A quarterback must be taken. Will Buffalo or even Oakland bite? We don't know, but anyone that's seen Barkley or Jones play, knows that they are legitimate. I would love to see the Jets get an extra pick and snatch Barkley.

Any ideas? We all know that they won't take my advice and pickup some loser defensive lineman, offensive lineman or safety.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

He will be there at 9, 8.5 o/u on 5dimes for Smith.If they trade up for a qb it would be nassib.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Barkley or Nassib should get drafted before Smith.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Geno Smith or EJ Manuel

GO BLACK

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

If we draft anything other than a right tackle with our first pick im done with this team

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    If we draft anything other than a right tackle with our first pick im done with this team
    Howard is not even bad dude and was basically a rookie....He will be fine and should improve

Right Tackle is like 10th on our list of players we need

We literally need a stud OLB/Passrusher, we have NO Left Guard right now, Need a safety, Need a Tight End, Need a new QB, Could use a WR/RB/Playmaker on offense, Need a Nickle Cornerback now

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Jets not drafting a QB at least until the 3rd round.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

The QB from North Carolina State would be fine for the Jets. They can probably get him as the ninth or tenth pick in the second round. Guy named Mike Glennon. He is 6'7", 220 lbs and had a cannon of an arm. Throws picks though but can make NFL type throws and can cut down on picks if coached right at the pro level.

Use the first two picks and get a pass rusher and a stud WR.

KingJD31

Howard sucks but yeah i forgot slausen left so we need that, im not even looking at defense even though we need a pass rusher and safeties we still have a good d. Dbrick is starting to suck mangold had his worst year, Brandon Moore basically the only guy i really like and hes real old. Our line is our biggest problem im not even thinking qb or rb
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Howard is not even bad dude and was basically a rookie....He will be fine and should improve

Right Tackle is like 10th on our list of players we need

We literally need a stud OLB/Passrusher, we have NO Left Guard right now, Need a safety, Need a Tight End, Need a new QB, Could use a WR/RB/Playmaker on offense, Need a Nickle Cornerback now

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

lmao off using the resources to trade up for geno smith....listen...the jets have picks....u dont need to force it if it isnt there....now if you are able to trade out of one of your firsts and pick up a 2nd for it....im all about you taking a guy in the 2nd or whatever.....but if its not there dont force it....if i was a jets fan id rather use those 3 picks and get players....than forcing a qb pick

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    lmao off using the resources to trade up for geno smith....listen...the jets have picks....u dont need to force it if it isnt there....now if you are able to trade out of one of your firsts and pick up a 2nd for it....im all about you taking a guy in the 2nd or whatever.....but if its not there dont force it....if i was a jets fan id rather use those 3 picks and get players....than forcing a qb pick
    Exactly....if Geno is there when we pick, we should probably go for it, but don't force it and trade up

Also, Jets could get a few more picks and trade down depending on who falls

I'm fine with rebuilding this thing.....Next season we will have a ton of money to work with, with Sanchez and a few other guys off the books and some good picks.....Just give me a bunch of young players this season that play their asses off and improve as the season goes on.....Maybe surprise a few people
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-23-13 at 01:06 AM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Jets

feels good to be a fan of a team who has a good (& soon after, great... then elite) QB

Jets fans you should abandon ship ASAP, we will give you a pass this time

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Jets

feels good to be a fan of a team who has a good (& soon after, great... then elite) QB

Jets fans you should abandon ship ASAP, we will give you a pass this time
    Yeah everyone can't be like the Colts......Get lucky Peyton stays till his senior year, then he gets hurt the year the best QB in a decade comes out and they tank to pick Luck

Who the fukk abandons a team as a fan......No respect for anyone that does that

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Yeah everyone can't be like the Colts......Get lucky Peyton stays till his senior year, then he gets hurt the year the best QB in a decade comes out and they tank to pick Luck

Who the fukk abandons a team as a fan......No respect for anyone that does that
    its hard to tank when the entire team was Peyton and you have Curtis Painter "playing" QB and we were playing division winner schedule.

we will give you a pass! but yes, I agree with you. I wonder how many fools dumped the Colts and became solely Broncos fans "Peyton fans" and then the Broncos played as many playoff games as the Colts, one.

NYSportsGuy210

Ryan Nassib look good....he has good footwork and a decent arm. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia. Landry Jones, Nassib or Mike Glennon should all be there in the second round for the Jets to choose from.

First Round: #9 - Star Lotuleilei -DT
    #13 - Bjoern Werner -OLB or Desmond Trufant -CB
    Second Round #7 - Ryan Nassib -QB
    Third Round #10 - Marcus Lattimore -RB
    Fourth Round #9 - Kenny Stills -WR

Nick Papageorgio

If we pick a RT I am done with this team, Howard, Willie Colon/Ducasse will compete for the open tackle and guard spots if you do not have Howard penciled in as a starter already.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Exactly....if Geno is there when we pick, we should probably go for it, but don't force it and trade up

Also, Jets could get a few more picks and trade down depending on who falls

I'm fine with rebuilding this thing.....Next season we will have a ton of money to work with, with Sanchez and a few other guys off the books and some good picks.....Just give me a bunch of young players this season that play their asses off and improve as the season goes on.....Maybe surprise a few people
    thats what im saying.....if you can trade down from one of your 1sts and pick up a 2nd...im fine with the jets taking a qb(now im a penetrating pats fan...but im a football fan and i know football and what makes sense and works).....but id rather take 3 players if you sit where you do and worry about a qb next year......

i watched people shit on the bucs because they didnt always spend money....but last year they went out and got carl nicks and v jax....who i think are players....you dont go out and spend money or take a position because its a need just because you can or you need....you do it right when the market it set up right and there is someone worth it.....i realize the qb position is the most important in football and can change the fate of a franchise overnight....but you dont force something that isnt there....otherwise you are probably bound to fail or make a bad decision....you spend or take when the market is right....and there is something there you believe in.....dont believe for the sake of need

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    thats what im saying.....if you can trade down from one of your 1sts and pick up a 2nd...im fine with the jets taking a qb(now im a penetrating pats fan...but im a football fan and i know football and what makes sense and works).....but id rather take 3 players if you sit where you do and worry about a qb next year......

i watched people shit on the bucs because they didnt always spend money....but last year they went out and got carl nicks and v jax....who i think are players....you dont go out and spend money or take a position because its a need just because you can or you need....you do it right when the market it set up right and there is someone worth it.....i realize the qb position is the most important in football and can change the fate of a franchise overnight....but you dont force something that isnt there....otherwise you are probably bound to fail or make a bad decision....you spend or take when the market is right....and there is something there you believe in.....dont believe for the sake of need
    in any facet of life you can talk yourself into something that isnt right....might be a relationship...i was in a relationship with a drop dead gorgeous girl who was charming to outsiders who didnt know her well....and i was afraid to lose that sense of importance and companionship i felt i had....even though i knew deep in my heart it wasnt right and wasnt going to work....but i talked myself into believing it could be better and be right......you cant do that anywhere...it has to make sense from a logical standpoint

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Someone with a smaller butt so sanchez doesn't run into one would be an ideal candidate to look at for their first pick...

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

If Landry Jones has success as a starting QB I be very surprised.

NYSportsGuy210

Disclaimer: I am NOT a Jets fan....I just feel bad for this retarded franchise.

Ryan Nassib look good....he has good footwork and a decent arm. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia. Landry Jones, Nassib or Mike Glennon should all be there in the second round for the Jets to choose from.

First Round: #9 - Star Lotuleilei -DT
    #13 - Bjoern Werner -OLB or Desmond Trufant -CB
    Second Round #7 - Ryan Nassib -QB
    Third Round #10 - Marcus Lattimore -RB
    Fourth Round #9 - Kenny Stills -WR

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

It doesnt matter what the Jets do now they are REX RYAN DOOMED.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

If they take the kid from Syracuse to QB I will laugh my ass off he is a total NFL bust
    its like watching arean football watching this kid

KingJD31

All 3 of those guys are terrible, i guess ill take Howard but not saying much
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    If we pick a RT I am done with this team, Howard, Willie Colon/Ducasse will compete for the open tackle and guard spots if you do not have Howard penciled in as a starter already.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Jets won't draft a QB as long as Ryan is around. That tattoo he has solidified the fact that Ryan blows Sanchez very frequently and he will lose his job before he starts anyone else no matter how completely shit Sanchez clearly is. Jets fans should switch allegiances to the G-Men.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Geno Smith or EJ Manuel

GO BLACK
    Always go white nigg, just like with them womenz.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I've been doing a lot of "DD" with the draft. We know that Nassib is looking to reunite with his old coach in Buffalo. The Jets appear to be blowing smoke screens and expressing interest in Nassib. (I'm not buying it). Jets could possibly trade down and get more picks and still get a respectable quarterback. Geno Smith was really interested in the Jets, but New York has a lot of holes to address. This draft looks boring. Not true. This will be an exciting draft and teams will have multiple days to digest what happened the previous day.

Nick Papageorgio

WR Patterson, Tennessee. Should be our target in the 2nd round.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

jets will finish under the bills

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Jets should draft a coach in the 2nd round.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

All your QBs are still on the board. I say they should get Sanchez some weapons or Eddie Lacy to pound the rock. The Jets could use a QB, but none of these guys are any kind of guarantee, and I think drafting one dooms your offense to more years of mediocrity (assuming he even beats out Sanchez in camp).

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

good luck jets

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Guys sucks so much he fell to them at 39

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Good call on Jets taking him.