k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Chiefs got raped. All their fans are crying and burning jerseys.

Niners save like 7.5 million in cap space. Get draft picks. Alex Smith saga gone. Trade for Harvin/Revis.....ha

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

In all honesty, what else really could they do....Garrard?? Matt Moore? These guys have no business whatsoever being starters. Yea smith can't throw 60 yd bombs but he's still effective, he played a lot of mistake free ball before the injury too....Reid is there to make them relevant again, it's difficult getting starting caliber qbs, they dont just come around every off-season or draft, when the opportunity presents itself you have to react. Yes it's a lot to give up but the price would've gone up or someone else would've snagged him. I expect chiefs to be somewhat aggressive in free agency too now without that 2nd. Well see what happens, I think it works out for them

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I would take Alex Smith over : Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Weedon, Cassell, Kolb, Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker. Most were first round draft picks.

Smith is probably better than what is in this year's draft so KC might have got raped by SF but what was their option? And he is only 28. They have to cut Cassel due to his salary anyway.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Like people have said, I think he's definitely an upgrade over Cassell and whoever played for them last year, but he obviously won't put them in a position to win even 8 games. I think the best thing he brings with him is Super Bowl experience which is valuable and will help, but they still have some work to do on the defensive end (even though they have a lot of talent on that side of the ball).

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nothing wrong with Alex Smith except the price they paid.....But the only time he's looked good in his career was with a perfect storm around him, seems slightly above average to me on his own merit

He is the epitome of game manager although you could do a lot worse

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

this year's draft class sucks...no good FA's as well...what were the chiefs supposed to do ?

Arizona offered 49ers a first round pick...chiefs had to up their offer...they had no choice.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Who wouldn't trade draft picks for a qb who doesn't put up TDs? Chiefs draft a kicker with the first pick in the 2013 draft....

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Chiefs got raped. All their fans are crying and burning jerseys.

Niners save like 7.5 million in cap space. Get draft picks. Alex Smith saga gone. Trade for Harvin/Revis.....ha
    If you think you're getting revis, think again. Percy very well might be a niner and it will be a good fit, but when was the last time he played a full season? You guys probably will overpay him anyways.

As for alex smith, he's still somewhat of an enigma. You guys did the right trade, but it's all a moot point since you fukked up initially by drafting him high in the first round. You could have had a.rodgers and probably a dynasty. Tough luck.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Both teams come out of the deal better. S.F. gained more than the Chiefs, but whose to say those draft picks turn out? Alex Smith will provide the Chiefs with stability while they figure things out and develop their true franchise quarterback, whenever they get one.

First 12