mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

I hate how they call them "skill positions"

Wide receivers, quarterbacks, and running backs being called "skill positions" is the fukkin retarded. I played quarterback my freshman and sophomore years in high school so I'm not biased, but I think cornerback and linemen positions take just as much skill than any other ones. "Skill players" get some plays off every other down (for example, wide receivers and quarterback on running plays) but those linemen are going 100% every single down.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I honestly look at the corner position and think...I know these guys are great athletes...but look at some of the guys they have to cover....and the way the game has shifted the rules to make it even tougher...i dont envy them....they often get beaten up by fans when they blow a coverage or just get beaten....you really have to have to have a short memory to play that position

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Mel Kiper's big board has an offensive tackle going #1 and the rest of the top ten would be considered non-skill positions. very odd draft

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    Mel Kiper's big board has an offensive tackle going #1 and the rest of the top ten would be considered non-skill positions. very odd draft
    everyone seems to be enamored with pass rushers...wanting to find the next von miller

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    everyone seems to be enamored with pass rushers...wanting to find the next von miller
    yes does seem that way, this will be a boring draft for us the people who actually get into it but there are always a couple diamonds in the rough, we will just have to wait and see.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

yes does seem that way, this will be a boring draft for us the people who actually get into it but there are always a couple diamonds in the rough, we will just have to wait and see.
    no such thing as a boring draft if you really love the shit the way i have since i was a kid....they all mean something....but I sort of know what you mean

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

i agree...all these guys have skills...

we should call the NBA a talent sport (because this sport doesn't measure heart or skills as much as it does referee biases and raw talent), the MLB a strategy game (because no talent or athletic ability is shown), and boxing a pillow-fighting sport

Mitchell88

no such thing as a boring draft if you really love the shit the way i have since i was a kid....they all mean something....but I sort of know what you mean
    I am way into the draft also always have been. this year is just not going to be the conventional one with QB's RB's and WR's with 7 out of the first 10 spots. I think there will be a lot of trading and wheeling and dealing this year.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I am way into the draft also always have been. this year is just not going to be the conventional one with QB's RB's and WR's with 7 out of the first 10 spots. I think there will be a lot of trading and wheeling and dealing this year.
    you could see some qbs go off before they probably should...ive seen some draft guys who had the stance that none of them were really worth it...then theyve changed their stance and have geno smith, glennon, and barkley even going in the top 10 now

Mitchell88

you could see some qbs go off before they probably should...ive seen some draft guys who had the stance that none of them were really worth it...then theyve changed their stance and have geno smith, glennon, and barkley even going in the top 10 now
    yes I saw that also, Geno Smith is the one that has me most interested I just am not sure where he will fit in. I think with the right system and coach he can do some things though. Barkley should have went last year end of story.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

yes I saw that also, Geno Smith is the one that has me most interested I just am not sure where he will fit in. I think with the right system and coach he can do some things though. Barkley should have went last year end of story.
    i still like barkley....think someone will get a good value with him....the ints scare ya a little...but overall i still like him...and ya the rb is devalued so much unless you get that rare LT, trent richardson type

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

the fact they go 100 percent doesn't make it a skill position.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

insert another big body(low level of experience/skills) in the lineman position to do "the job"

you would notice really quick just how much skills are needed to even begin to compete

Mitchell88

yea you go 110% trying to be relavant and have posts that have substance but it doesnt work. So yes there is skill involved

ttwarrior1

Skill position

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skill positions in gridiron football are the positions that are most responsible for causing or preventing points from being scored. The skill positions are:

Skill positions are often contrasted with linemen – players who line up along the line of scrimmage. Skill position players are generally smaller than linemen, but they must also be faster and have other talents (such as the ability to throw or catch the ball, cover an opposing receiver, or to dodge opponents) that rely more on finesse than on brute force. Positions that are not considered "skill positions" would include nose tackles,defensive tackles, offensive linemen, fullbacks, and tight ends (though the latter two positions can be either skill or non-skill, depending on the situation).
    Placekickers, punters, long snappers and holders are usually considered separate from both the skill positions and the lineman positions, due to their highly specialized lines of work.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

TT tell us about how you were an all state fullback in high school who led the state of kentucky in touchdowns and the most ballyhooed recruit in the state until tim couch and michael bush came along

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

not lookin to attack TT personally... but I stand firm in each position on the field at a professional level being highly skilled

bobby heenan
    Update your status

it was sad...jonathan hock could do a 30/30 on tt....kid couldnt qualify academically...so he went away to a jr college out west where he developed a hostess addiction(not the broads who seat you are restaurants)

ttwarrior1

still upset i told the truth about you heenan, so you still have to get defensive and attack me with nonsense as much as you can. Congrats, ill put you on block also. Drunk, druggy, has affairs, bad person, moron, what next for you? No badges?

nobody said lineman weren't skilled. Reminds me of a penalty being called and someone makes a thread and don't know the rule. Go read the damn rule book.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

still upset i told the truth about you heenan, so you still have to get defensive and attack me with nonsense as much as you can. Congrats, ill put you on block also. Drunk, druggy, has affairs, bad person, moron, what next for you? No badges?

nobody said lineman weren't skilled. Reminds me of a penalty being called and someone makes a thread and don't know the rule. Go read the damn rule book.
    bahahaa....oh no! dont block me!!!...ive been busting on you for years you fuckin queer....no one is defensive...dont hate cause you cant get that poor excuse for a thing you have between your legs wet...if you can even see it

oh no I dont have any badges!!! oh why dont you call someone a "non pro" as a diss...its called having a life

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote from Mel Kiper: "I don't see any skill players being drafted in the top ten this year."

We have a different perception on what skill players and positions are. And bobby, I completely agree with your first post.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

They should call them ball-handling positions.

aarom
    aarom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i agree,

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    i agree...all these guys have skills...

we should call the NBA a talent sport (because this sport doesn't measure heart or skills as much as it does referee biases and raw talent), the MLB a strategy game (because no talent or athletic ability is shown), and boxing a pillow-fighting sport
    The Fridge is about as mobile these days as he was on the playing field. Disagree about linemen being as skilled as other positions. Big bodies forming a wall.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

skill is a very broad term, whoever started thread doesnt have a comprehension skills at all.