Betpoints: 15377

Re: ESPN Analysts Caught Dissing Tim Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7343--nfl.html

Why people hate Tebow so much?
    Leave him alone, hes gay

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Skip bailed him out this morning. Said Jets make the playoffs if Tebow started the rest of the season from week 5 or sooner.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7343--nfl.html

Why people hate Tebow so much?
    Leave him alone, hes gay
    Jealousy, easy as that. The guy is one of the best role models in the league and people don't realize it. The NFL is comprised of Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and a bunch of criminals.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Jealousy, easy as that. The guy is one of the best role models in the league and people don't realize it. The NFL is comprised of Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and a bunch of criminals.
    There's a bunch of other good guys, but yes pretty much. I love Peyton, but I hope Denver/Elway never win anything. The amount of disrespect they showed towards Tebow is amazing.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    There's a bunch of other good guys, but yes pretty much. I love Peyton, but I hope Denver/Elway never win anything. The amount of disrespect they showed towards Tebow is amazing.
    What did they do that was so bad towards Tebow? Elway had a chance to get a HOF QB and he went for it. Tebow was caught in the crosshairs. They gave Tebow an opportunity last year and he helped Denv no doubt. But not enough to convince any other team to give him a starting Job.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    What did they do that was so bad towards Tebow? Elway had a chance to get a HOF QB and he went for it. Tebow was caught in the crosshairs. They gave Tebow an opportunity last year and he helped Denv no doubt. But not enough to convince any other team to give him a starting Job.
    I think Tebow was gone no matter what they got. Please find me 1 other instance in which a QB (let alone one is his second season) takes over a 1-4 team, takes them to the playoffs, and WINS a playoff game. This is going to sound ridiculous, and it really is, but a guy who can do that is on pace to be a hall of famer. How many times has a QB won a playoff game and gotten canned next season?
    As I said, I love Manning, but the way they showed Tebow the door just rubbed me the wrong way.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I think Tebow was gone no matter what they got. Please find me 1 other instance in which a QB (let alone one is his second season) takes over a 1-4 team, takes them to the playoffs, and WINS a playoff game. This is going to sound ridiculous, and it really is, but a guy who can do that is on pace to be a hall of famer. How many times has a QB won a playoff game and gotten canned next season?
    As I said, I love Manning, but the way they showed Tebow the door just rubbed me the wrong way.
    I can understand that you do not think Denv respected Tebow's success with them. However, why was he not in demand this year. With the QB play on some of the teams this year, you would have thought someone would have given Tebow a shot more than the NYJ did. Think Tebow is a winner, but I do not think he is a starter in this league.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Elway traded him because Tebow is a f\*g

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I can understand that you do not think Denv respected Tebow's success with them. However, why was he not in demand this year. With the QB play on some of the teams this year, you would have thought someone would have given Tebow a shot more than the NYJ did. Think Tebow is a winner, but I do not think he is a starter in this league.
    The guy wins everywhere he goes. I agree pure QB skills I've seen high school QB's that can't get a D2 offer that throw better than he does. I think stubbornness and stupidity is why he wasn't in demand this year. There's a reason GM's of these shitty teams never get a good QB, they continue to stick with "their guy". The brightest minds in football are starting to realize that its worth it to take a shot. Maybe Seattle got lucky, same with San Fran (going with athletic QB's over the prototypical QB). But I think its more they have damn good coaches who know that winning is more important, and if you can create a gameplan for Tebow, he will be far more effective than any gameplan for Fitzpatrick, Gabbert, Cassell, Quinn, Ponder, Kolb, etc.

But anybody who seriously thinks the Jags wouldn't have won more games this year with Tebow than Gabbert needs to see a doctor.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

It's not about looking pretty.. It's about wins and losses.

The guy won, jets didn't even give him a shot over Sanchez? That's laughable.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: altieriflyers

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

I don't really see anything wrong with that, nor do I think it's newsworthy for yahoo...schlereth just giving his honest opinion

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

He should come out and say he's gay, then he would become the media's darling. They would start doing specials on him, they'd celebrate him, and he'd get a starting QB job somewhere, for fear that denying him the position would be discriminatory.

I hate our society.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    It's not about looking pretty.. It's about wins and losses.

The guy won, jets didn't even give him a shot over Sanchez? That's laughable.
    Exactly. TTO, this is why I have much less respect for the Jets than the Broncos. The Broncos came across the opportunity to get a half of fame quarterback that isn't past his productive years yet (like Brett Favre in his few seasons with the Jets and Vikes). They had every right to get rid of Tebow because of that, and I think they thought he was going to be a starter in NY, so they felt good for him and with their decision. The Jets never started him a single game and chose McIlroy over him, which is a lot more disrespectful than what Denver did with him IMO.

tto827

Exactly. TTO, this is why I have much less respect for the Jets than the Broncos. The Broncos came across the opportunity to get a half of fame quarterback that isn't past his productive years yet (like Brett Favre in his few seasons with the Jets and Vikes). They had every right to get rid of Tebow because of that, and I think they thought he was going to be a starter in NY, so they felt good for him and with their decision. The Jets never started him a single game and chose McIlroy over him, which is a lot more disrespectful than what Denver did with him IMO.
    I agree, I've hated the Jets since before Tebow was ever involved with them. They truly are/have been a POS organization, so I didn't expect any different from them. Denver was looking for a way to get rid of Tebow, getting Peyton was the cherry on top. Just my opinion though, I may be wrong.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    He should come out and say he's gay.
    i agree, he should also stop preying for forgiveness

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

fuk this fruitcake

yes, tebow is a godam overrated player who should go play in the arena football league or cfl

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

A bunch of criminals, huh??

All I see is testosterone filled men and wussy ass qbs and kickers..

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Here we go again...............

Mayan........does your boss make you wash his BMW when you punch out for lunch?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

ESPN and Skip Bayless ruined that kid. They over exposed him before the rest of the media even jumped on board, they created a story where there wasn't one and the backlash was on it's way.

His kneeling prayer thing didn't help, but it didn't need to be nightly news.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that if the NFL weren't in existence, 90% of these players would be in jail or doing activities that would put them there.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

yes, coming out of the closet would help (although no nfl team wants him on their roster) the cfl is just about his only option (can't throw) i think what drives the hatred is religious gobblygook he spouts along with the fact he won't come out of the closet. i also resent the fact that he was home schooled. probably (although must in good physical shape) couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, whether for his warped minded religious outlook or the inability to hold a girlfriend. he is just hateable if that's a word. don't really think any of his teammates took him under their wing and are probably glad to see him go to canada where he could be halfway decent (as a runner, not a passer)

Easy-Rider 66

Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that if the NFL weren't in existence, 90% of these players would be in jail or doing activities that would put them there.
    A lot of them would be in the NBA. Some MLB and others NHL. And some working other jobs. And some in prison. But 90% in prison? Come on Man. Glad you know them so well.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Why is this news? Schlereth has been saying this same stuff about Tebow on the air for the last year.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

What was so bad about what they said?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Here we go again...............

Mayan........does your boss make you wash his BMW when you punch out for lunch?
    I don't have a boss.. But I bet you run to your phone when yours calls..

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Why are people so hung up on Tebow? I don't get why he is a topic at the Super Bowl this week.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I would like to see Tebow as backup to Brady in New England after the Jets cut him. Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow so he probably hasn't given up on him.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

is that the Jamaican SBR poster in the 2nd video whats his name?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    Why are people so hung up on Tebow? I don't get why he is a topic at the Super Bowl this week.
    This guy just don't go away, despite doing nothing the entire 2012 seasonI'm hoping he goes to the Cardinals, I'm still interested to see how he does in a full season in the NFL.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

espn is a garbage network they stink with the exception of a few people there are the antichrist of sports there is a dumb hick out of here in des moines that just got a job at espn that show you what kind of network they are i hate espn.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    espn is a garbage network they stink with the exception of a few people there are the antichrist of sports there is a dumb hick out of here in des moines that just got a job at espn that show you what kind of network they are i hate espn.

Do you hate espn as much as you hate periods and commas?

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

again i donot give a rats ass how i spell its just a sports message board how many times do i have to tell you people