Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Did we learn anything last night from the Ravens/Bengals?

Open question to the fourm:

Did we learn anything last night from the Ravens/Bengals game that we might be able to use to our advantage over the rest of the NFL season specifically with respect to the Thursday night games?

I'll start the discussion:
    1. Thursdays after Sundays are a more difficult turnaround for teams that are a little long in the tooth?

2. Thursdays after Sundays are more difficult on the team that has to travel?

3. We learned nothing, Cincy simply needed the game more than Baltimore did.

Thoughts?

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll vote for #1. I believe that the Ravens are much better than what they showed last night.

However, I made a major miscalculation as to the effect the short layoff would have on this game. Que sara sara. I don't think it was the travel that made the turnaround difficult; it was simply the duration of the turnaround in my opinion.

E

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

I learned that the Ravens offense still blows. I dont think that was a dominate defense by the Bengels, as it was the Ravens offense not being a good one.

Plus the Bengels needed this one more, and they were at home. Thats the easy way to look at it.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Any game with 10 or more punts will be low scoring? Each punt more than the average knocks the scoring down about 4 points.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I learned that the Ravens offense still blows. I dont think that was a dominate defense by the Bengels, as it was the Ravens offense not being a good one.
    onlooker,

Agreed. When the Ravens defense doesn't get turnovers and put their offense in plus field position, the Ravens offense really struggles. They simply don't have the weapons to drive the ball 80+ yards on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Plus the Bengels needed this one more, and they were at home. Thats the easy way to look at it.
    That may be the take home message...

Doc JS

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNair really looked his age out there last night. He should have had at least 3 INT's that were dropped.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I learned that the Begals haven't packed it in just yet

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Crucial game not because just of their overall record but division record. Now with the win they both have one division loss and an outside chance of catching the Ravens.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14509

Learning from trends in the NFL depends upon when one starts
    one's clock. The jury's out (in a long-term sense) on how
    byes and now TNF effect ATS performance. If one is a
    conspirancy thinker, you'd get the feeling these wrenches are
    thrown into the scheduling to wreak havoc with those who
    track trends over time. For me it often means nixing a play
    because though I'd like a team normally in a given matchup, I
    can no longer take them comfortably because I'm not sure
    how they'll perform with the shorter or extra rest. So, last
    Thursday was obviously too small a sample, all we can do is keep a long-term eye on it (TNF) and its effects and tread
    cautiously in the meantime while the clock ticks and adds more sample . . .

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two prior consecutive winning home games seems to play havoc on Road teams this year. Of course the back-to backwins adds line value vs. public, but perhaps the extended time at home with family, mistresses and dealers also makes them come out a little flat and overconfident.