ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Fact is they still win 12/14 games a year, multiple playoff wins, and 2 SB appearances.... yeah what a bunch of bums. Getting caught and not being able to use video anymore has really ruined this lousy team
    only wins are vs Jags in 2007 .... then the Chargers who had all their stars playing on 1 leg (Brady still sucked, 3 picks)

a win vs TeBow last year ...and then got lucky as hell vs Ravens (Brady not great and outplayed by Flacco)

a win vs Schaub this year

good wins! good job, good effort.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Pathetic that people still bring up Spygate, when videotaping from the sidelines is now ALLOWED in the NFL. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. It was a rule violation that Goodell felt went directly against his orders, which is why there was such a big penalty. Vague rule that Belichick exploited, just like other teams did.

If it was so bad, why is it now allowed?

From last season- (NFL said it was legal)

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The only people referencing spygate are complete NFL morons.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Pathetic that people still bring up Spygate, when videotaping from the sidelines is now ALLOWED in the NFL. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. It was a rule violation that Goodell felt went directly against his orders, which is why there was such a big penalty. Vague rule that Belichick exploited, just like other teams did.

If it was/is legal why was Belichick fined half a million bucks?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

If "Other teams" allegedly exploited it, why were the pats docked a first round pick and huge fine?

But to answer your question, since they prevented the cheating by putting a mike on a linebacker (or other defender of the team's choice if I remember right) the same way they do with QBs, the defensive signals are no longer relevant, so taping won't get you the same gold mine of information.

Funny how Tom Brady no longer looks like he knows what the defense is going to do before they do it, isn't it? Almost as funny as the number of rule changes the patriots have inspired over the years.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    If it was/is legal why was Belichick fined half a million bucks?
    Like I said, it was because Goodell thought he had made it clear where you could videotape from, but really his memo wasn't specific at all. He felt he had to make an example pf Bill, just like he has with James Harrison and anyone else who he thinks defies his wishes.

Why was it okay for the Jets to tape, when the only difference between them and the Pats was their guy is wearing a vest? You bought into the BS, hook line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    If "Other teams" allegedly exploited it, why were the pats docked a first round pick and huge fine?

But to answer your question, since they prevented the cheating by putting a mike on a linebacker (or other defender of the team's choice if I remember right) the same way they do with QBs, the defensive signals are no longer relevant, so taping won't get you the same gold mine of information.

Funny how Tom Brady no longer looks like he knows what the defense is going to do before they do it, isn't it? Almost as funny as the number of rule changes the patriots have inspired over the years.
    Funny how you clearly haven't watched football since 2007. Even Ray Lewis and Darrelle Revis have said no one runs an offense like Brady, and he makes it look like checkers while everyone else is playing chess. These are 2 of Brady's biggest rivals, and yet they praise him for his ability to dissect a defense pre-snap and call out the schemes. This was all after the 2009 season, way after "Spygate". Ray Lewis called Brady "the greatest of greats". But you're right, Brady can't read a D at all now. Lol

Why can't either of you address the fact that the Jets taping was considered legal? They were doing the exact same thing the Pats did, and yet everyone cried about the Pats getting such an unfair advantage and cheating and all that other nonsense. If that was the case, why can teams tape from the sidelines now?
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 01-21-13 at 01:39 PM.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

I love how Spygate gets played down and those who bring it up are stupid. It's the alternate radio frequency New England would use to circumvent the rule where the helmet goes dead 15 seconds before the snap. They could communicate up to the snap. Perhaps they may have been intercepting radio frequencies of their rival coordinators corresponding with one another. Former Pats OC, Charlie Weis, was overheard congratulating DC Monte Kiffin saying we knew all your plays and you still stopped us.

Also brings up the question why former Pats coordinators suck when they leave, but I digress. NFL refused to seriously investigate and destroyed evidence as well. That may be because the league wouldn't be a $10 billion a year business and franchises each worth more than a billion if people know its games were fraudulent.

It's not just about videotaping. Now there's a main official in the booth to make sure frequencies aren't being tampered with since Spygate. Did you know there were 45 frequency coordinators or radio cops at Super Bowl 42, Giants vs Pats? Why so many?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Must tell you something...they have choked each and every time since 2006 in their biggest games.

Either they forgot how to score (as in the 2 super bowls) or their D didn't show up and in the loss to Indy in the Championship game in 2007.

Anyway, the window is closing REAL fast on them...
    if Belidick had not cheated he would be 0-5 in the super bowls, this motherfuckker cheated and won 2 of those super bowls by just a FG

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Surprised, looking back on how Sean Payton got nailed, that Belichoke didn't get at least an 8 game suspension....

Donkeys2012
    Donkeys2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Surprised, looking back on how Sean Payton got nailed, that Belichoke didn't get at least an 8 game suspension....
    New England almost as bad at big games as you are at making winning picks you fukkin clown.

rsnnh12

PS-

Jimmy Johnson
    "I always assumed I was being spied on, or taped, from somebody in the press box."

"Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago."

"Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace."

"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."

Tully Mars 63

Like I said, it was because Goodell thought he had made it clear where you could videotape from, but really his memo wasn't specific at all. He felt he had to make an example pf Bill, just like he has with James Harrison and anyone else who he thinks defies his wishes.

Why was it okay for the Jets to tape, when the only difference between them and the Pats was their guy is wearing a vest? You bought into the BS, hook line and sinker.

I was out of the country most of that season and didn't even follow the story so not sure I bought anything "hook line and sinker." I simply asked a question.

The Jet did the same thing? Same season under the same rules? But didn't get fined because their guy wore a vest? There's something about that that doesn't sound right to me.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    if Belidick had not cheated he would be 0-5 in the super bowls, this motherfuckker cheated and won 2 of those super bowls by just a FG
    i guess you forgot they were 14 point dogs in the first one....you are right...they should have blown out the rams!....although they did play the rams at home earlier in the regular season that year and could have won that game had antowain smith not fumbled inside the 5...and warner threw for like 400 in that game...wasthere...remember it pretty well....the carolina superbowl they wereyin pretty good control of that game until they lost two defensive backs to injury and delhomme started to get hot after that
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 01-21-13 at 09:09 PM.

EastStirling
    EastStirling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Their regular season win record is actually better after spygate. Either way it isnt like they are 4-12 every year, they only have missed the playoffs once, people just hate the Pats lol
    That might very well be the case. Patriots won enough big games, and yes lost few finals, but they have been constantly where every team hopes to be.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    The only people referencing spygate are complete NFL morons.
    Absafukintively
    Not a Pats fan...But who really gives a fuk.
    How many teams made it to the NFC Championship game??
    Jeesh....

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Brock,

They were in the SB last year. How come you count this years AFC championship game a big game that they lost.....but last years isn't a big game that they won? What about the other SB they were in against the Giants? They had to win that AFC Championship game also.

Close this thread, it simply doesn't make sense.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Brock,

They were in the SB last year. How come you count this years AFC championship game a big game that they lost.....but last years isn't a big game that they won? What about the other SB they were in against the Giants? They had to win that AFC Championship game also.

Close this thread, it simply doesn't make sense.
    This point was made repeatedly in this thread but never addressed.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I was out of the country most of that season and didn't even follow the story so not sure I bought anything "hook line and sinker." I simply asked a question.

The Jet did the same thing? Same season under the same rules? But didn't get fined because their guy wore a vest? There's something about that that doesn't sound right to me.
    I apologize. Didn't mean to come off as a dick. The Jets picture that I posted, which the league said was perfectly legal, actually happened last season. The rules are the same though. If anything, theres more of a focus on taping now than there was then because fans are looking for it. Taping was never a big deal to people in the league, whether it be coaches, players, or execs

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

2001 11-5 Won SB
    2002 9-7
    2003 14-2 Won SB
    2004 14-2 Won SB
    2005 10-6
    2007 16-0 SB Appearance
    2008 11-5
    2009 10-6
    2010 14-2
    2011 13-3 SB Appearance
    2012 12-4

All that success I'd be a hater too

Tully Mars 63

I apologize. Didn't mean to come off as a dick. The Jets picture that I posted, which the league said was perfectly legal, actually happened last season. The rules are the same though. If anything, theres more of a focus on taping now than there was then because fans are looking for it. Taping was never a big deal to people in the league, whether it be coaches, players, or execs
    Well I didn't take what you said as being a dick, just wanted to clear up I really don't have a dog in this fight. There certainly seems to be two camps- Belichick is a douche and the Pats are cheaters or Belichick and the Pats didn't do anything the rest of the league was/isn't doing they just win and people hate them for winning.

Usually when someone's defense is "I'm just doing what everyone else is doing it's not a great defense. When I got back in country mid '08 and read about it all the news and press seem to paint a pretty clear picture the Pat's got caught cheating. Honestly I have little concern if that's true. They're not a team I like or dislike. I like betting on them at home, I will say that. Now if the Cowboys were accused of the same thing I'd say line them up against a wall and shoot every last one including any fans who still supported them. But then I don't want the Cowboys to lose every game, I want their team plane to crash... into their annual fan club meeting, if possible.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Yeah, because god knows how much the commish detests the Patriots...

Why can't either of you address the fact that the Jets taping was considered legal? They were doing the exact same thing the Pats did, and yet everyone cried about the Pats getting such an unfair advantage and cheating and all that other nonsense. If that was the case, why can teams tape from the sidelines now?
    You obviously didn't read my post. The rules were changed because the defensive signaling was changed to prevent people cheating the same way in the future. Now a defensive player gets a headset like a QB.

Funny how you clearly haven't watched football since 2007. Even Ray Lewis and Darrelle Revis have said no one runs an offense like Brady, and he makes it look like checkers while everyone else is playing chess. These are 2 of Brady's biggest rivals, and yet they praise him for his ability to dissect a defense pre-snap and call out the schemes. This was all after the 2009 season, way after "Spygate". Ray Lewis called Brady "the greatest of greats". But you're right, Brady can't read a D at all now. Lol
    Yeah, Brady and Belicek have been pretty impressive even after Spygate. You really don't see a difference though? Now the Patriots run great schemes and read the defenses expertly. Before, Brady looked like he was psychic because he had even more information than was legal. If they knew the Ravens' defensive call before each play, they wouldn't have got shut out in the second half and probably would be on their way to another shady championship.

Now the Pats are running into free agency problems like the mere mortals they've been reduced to. Watch for them to slowly slide into mediocrity soon.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

does any1 really believe spygate had that much impact on their success?
    PATS have gone to the playoffs almost every year brady was a starter
    tom brady has won MVP's and gone to the superbowl twice post spygate
    hes put up ridiculous offensive numbers esp TD/int ratios post spygate

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Yeah, because god knows how much the commish detests the Patriots...

You obviously didn't read my post. The rules were changed because the defensive signaling was changed to prevent people cheating the same way in the future. Now a defensive player gets a headset like a QB.

Yeah, Brady and Belicek have been pretty impressive even after Spygate. You really don't see a difference though? Now the Patriots run great schemes and read the defenses expertly. Before, Brady looked like he was psychic because he had even more information than was legal. If they knew the Ravens' defensive call before each play, they wouldn't have got shut out in the second half and probably would be on their way to another shady championship.

Now the Pats are running into free agency problems like the mere mortals they've been reduced to. Watch for them to slowly slide into mediocrity soon.
    yes because its easy to win the superbowl every year with parity... you make it seem like there is no other talent in the league....because the ravens never play the pats tough and havent seen them enough of them to actually shut them down.....because the patriots werent without one of the best weapons in the league....my lord.....some of you people are just such haters

the pats are running into free agency problems? because they aquired a guy from tampa who was going to be a free agent? because they didnt lock up a 30 year old slot receiver who wanted a pretty ridiculous deal?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

this just in guys....there is no other talent in the nfl besides the patriots...no teams even bother trying to prepare for a way to attack them or stop them...the patriots should win every game...its obvious they are cheaters

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    this just in guys....there is no other talent in the nfl besides the patriots...no teams even bother trying to prepare for a way to attack them or stop them...the patriots should win every game...its obvious they are cheaters
    well said sir

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Brock you probably pick more losers than any other poster on this site other than no coin

no need to throw my patriots under the bus like that

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I find it ironic that Peyton gets ripped for his playoff record and failures, but Brady is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. He also lost in the playoffs with the #1, #3, #11 and #12 highest scoring teams in NFL history, and in those losses the Pats scored 14, 21, 17 and 13 points. In 5 of Brady's 7 losses the offense has produced 17 points or fewer. By comparison, the Steelers under Big Ben have never scored fewer than 20 points in his 14 playoff games. Perhaps Brady has taken over for Peyton as just a regular season quarterback and playoff choker. I don't believe the Pats would have made it to the last two Super Bowls they lost if they played in the NFC.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    2001 11-5 Won SB
    2002 9-7
    2003 14-2 Won SB
    2004 14-2 Won SB
    2005 10-6
    2007 16-0 SB Appearance
    2008 11-5
    2009 10-6
    2010 14-2
    2011 13-3 SB Appearance
    2012 12-4

All that success I'd be a hater too

Well no one can deny the great three year stretch. Since 2005 its been nothing big. The broncos once lost 2 superbowls in a row as well.

First 12