Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Mike Nolan's coaching?

I didn't touch the game, but did anyone else watch the final minutes of San Fran-Seattle? Does Mike Nolan realize he can take a knee when the other team is out of timeouts?

49 seconds left, SF up 20-14 and has 3rd down on the Seattle 25. Seattle is out of timeouts. He calls a run, gets little yardage, but one of his players gets hurt, forcing an automatic timeout with 38 seconds left by SF!. Nedney misses the FG and Seattle is given another chance with 35 seconds left.

Now they didn't come close to converting, but if you're a SF fan this guy has to drive you nuts. If he takes a knee, the clock runs down to 4 or 5 seconds. Then he can run a QB sneak to kill the final seconds, or worst-case, Seattle has one play with 75 yards to go.

He did the exact same thing last year against Tampa, and his player was also hurt on a running play and Tampa eventually had a possession when the game should have been over.

Overall, he's done a nice job getting that team to 5-5, but his end of game decisions are atrocious.

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes Seattle that was a crack head move and no class!!!!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I've been on Nolan ALL season.
    I've been on the 9rs ALL season, even though many 9r fans hate me for it.
    I've been wrong about them every week now - however, one thing I know is Nolan is not an NFL coach at ALL.

I also know that when you pick in the top 10, you should get some good players... That is, when you've been picking in the top 10 for awhile.

I have to give the 9rs credit, though. Even though they are unpredictably inconsistent - they are 5-5.
    That's a good job in the NFL with the talent, which sucks by NFL standards, that they have. I don't credit Nolan, though. I think he makes HORRIBLE game management decisions (ala Herm Edwards or Mike Shanahan) - but still, being 5-5 with that talent, against a top 10 'easy' schedule - that's a good job for that team... They shouldn't ever win.... Well, aside from when they play the Raiders, anyway.

Nolan did a horrible job, though, managing the end of both halves today.
    Horrible.
    Thankfully I didn't touch either side today - but damn, how can you with a straight/clear conscience?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Bump. What a gutless POS by kicking that FG. Hate being a fan of this team.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

I seen the update on my phone, and I figured they would go for it up 1 at the Rams 7. I was happy either way, because I had sold the Niners down to +4, that field goal helped my chances of cashing.