No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Lovie Smith is bad for Philadelphia-he's too much of a bullshitter also.

This is what Philadelphia needs:
    a guy who can speak the truth and not be a bullshitter,
    a guy who is gonna be straight up honest, and be transparent,
    a guy who will take a verbal pistol whipping from the media because they are going to continue to lose while rebuilding, and their are certain parts of Philadelphia that can't accept that
    a guy that can get the team to believe in a direction and stop being a bunch of divas
    I hear Lombardi's corpse is available.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Lovie would actually be just be what the Eagles need actually. he is disciplinary. Eagles are unorganized and undisciplined bunch of buffoons. Lovie got a raw deal in Chicago there was no reason for him to be fired. He would have that team back to 9-10 wins first year.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Look you just can't go 7-1 and not even get a wild card

Lovie cant do anything on the offensive side , not good with qbs and his drafts always suck. He should be a DC somewhere instead. He's seems kinda soft as well. Eagles should go after Zimmer but it's looking like they want an "offensive" coach

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Look you just can't go 7-1 and not even get a wild card

Lovie cant do anything on the offensive side , not good with qbs and his drafts always suck. He should be a DC somewhere instead. He's seems kinda soft as well. Eagles should go after Zimmer but it's looking like they want an "offensive" coach
    they went 7-1 and than Cutler got fkn buried by Suh and than they got riddled with injuries every where. including Forte and both Bush at the same time.

every day PhillyFlyers piles PT with ridiculous talk about his Philly sports team and its some of the most retarded shit I have ever read.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Barack Obama?
    I know it sounds like I'm shooting for the stars,
    thats why I wanted to clarify that a guy like the one Miami has isn't a bad idea

I don't know know where Philbin came from, but that seems to be the right stuff

Philly should comb the scene for assistants

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Lovie lost his last 6 against the Packers, that's the biggest blemish I see. I can't find the original press conference video, but Upon arriving in Chicago, Smith stated he had three goals: beat the Green Bay Packers; win the NFC North; and win a Super Bowl. So, even by his own standards, he was failing. Looking at his losses this year, it's tough, they were all playoff teams. He really needed to beat Seattle or Houston at home or at least split with GB.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly think you should consider that he's being gauged for interest as coming in as the defensive coordinator when they bring in someone else to be the HC. I don't think any of the openings left are a fit where a team is going to be enamored with Lovie as "their guy." Solid defensive coach, but from an offensive standpoint and leading a team to the right offensive mindset - he's failed pretty big in Chicago.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    They didn't get who they wanted so now they are forced to look at retreads. Chicago's trash is going to be the Eagles treasure. What a bunch of incompetent buffons running the Eagles organization nowadays.

Unreal.
    hes a hell of a coach

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Lovie lost his last 6 against the Packers, that's the biggest blemish I see. I can't find the original press conference video, but Upon arriving in Chicago, Smith stated he had three goals: beat the Green Bay Packers; win the NFC North; and win a Super Bowl. So, even by his own standards, he was failing. Looking at his losses this year, it's tough, they were all playoff teams. He really needed to beat Seattle or Houston at home or at least split with GB.
    That's what I was going to say -they showed the press conf before one of the the bears GB games earlier in the year-that was his number 1 priorty beat the packers & they didn't year in & year out.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Lovie is a decent coach but too soft......plain and simple. Chicago had a bottom 10 O-line most of his time there. If the GM can't get it done then hire a better O-line coach. When Martz was there....he about got Cutler killed and traded off Greg Olsen (top 5 TE level talent) for a case of beer while Lovie said nothing. You need a coach that has the balls to make a stand against pressure within the organization because they're going to get fired in the end anyway.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

All Lovie is good for is his defense. The guy sucks as an actual HC. Will gladly take him in Dallas once they convert to the 4-3 most likely.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    That's what I was going to say -they showed the press conf before one of the the bears GB games earlier in the year-that was his number 1 priorty beat the packers & they didn't year in & year out.
    Well, he did beat the Packers pretty bad in the beginning, he was 7-3 against them after 5 years as HC.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I think you could make a case for Gruden being the worst Super Bowl winning coach simply by looking at what happened to the Bucs and the SB win. Remember, Gruden inherited a loaded TB team.
    Gruden rebuilt the Raiders. Under Gruden they won their first division title in 10 years and also made it to the AFC championship game. Al Davis being Al Davis tried to run the offense and Gruden was basically forced out. Gruden also inherited a team that was known for choking and got them over the hump in TB. They were underdogs going into the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

Everything is 20/20 in hindsight but comparing the team Gruden had to the 85 Bears is crazy. If TB was so talented why didn't Tony Dungy who was a great coach get them to a SB. Gruden inherited the same team.

I don't think Gruden is the best coach but knocking a guy who has led two different teams to conference chamionship games and one to a SB seems silly.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Interviewing Brian Kelly now c'mon Lurie!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Black head coach and QB combo.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

everything in phili is overrated ..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    He won 10 games and still got fired. Shows you what Chicago thought of him.
    They did let him coach for 9 years though. Nowadays that's a pretty long run.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Lovie's in-game decisions could definitely be questionable at times. He tends to be conservative. Not terribly imaginative.

His strength is in getting players to want to play for him. He definitely has players' respect. I think he runs a pretty good organization too and he doesn't get too high or low. The flipside of that is that he sometimes looks comatose. His acts works best with a veteran team and an OC that can take full control of the offense. In the right situation he can lead a team to success. His teams consistently force the most turnovers too. It's not an accident.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Look at his record against teams over.500. Look at his record in games where the defense does not score a TD. He relies on getting defensive scores and that is not sustainable. He is awful at personnel evaluation. If you need to rebuild part of your team you do not want him involved in that process. His list of offensive cordinators he hired was a joke. His in-game decision making was laughable.
    He hung around as long as he did because the owners liked him.
    Look how long Wannstedt and Jauron lasted and that was due in large part to the owners liking them.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    Look at his record against teams over.500. Look at his record in games where the defense does not score a TD. He relies on getting defensive scores and that is not sustainable. He is awful at personnel evaluation. If you need to rebuild part of your team you do not want him involved in that process. His list of offensive cordinators he hired was a joke. His in-game decision making was laughable.
    He hung around as long as he did because the owners liked him.
    Look how long Wannstedt and Jauron lasted and that was due in large part to the owners liking them.
    If you put him with an outstanding offensive line with a good o line coach and for once in his life time a good o coard theres no doubt in my mind he WOULD BE BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL.

did we all forget he got to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman under center?!???!?!?!?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    If you put him with an outstanding offensive line with a good o line coach and for once in his life time a good o coard theres no doubt in my mind he WOULD BE BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL.

did we all forget he got to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman under center?!???!?!?!?
    He won't have Brian Urlacher though.

slacker00

Interesting to compare Lovie Smith with Andy Reid, two long-tenured coaches.

# of years as HC: Reid-14, Lovie-9
    winning %: Reid-.583, Lovie-.563
    Division titles: Reid-7, Lovie-3
    Playoff record: Reid-10-9, Lovie-3-3
    Super bowl appearances: 1 each, both losses.

Lots of similarities, but Reid got a lot more playoff appearances, neither one could win the big one.

JakeLc

He went to the SuperBowl because of defensive scores and catching lightning in a bottle with Hester.
    He didn't have outstanding players on offense because of the players and coaches he wanted on the team.
    He is what is known as a bum-slayer
    Good luck to any team that hires him because they will need it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    He went to the SuperBowl because of defensive scores and catching lightning in a bottle with Hester.
    He didn't have outstanding players on offense because of the players and coaches he wanted on the team.
    He is what is known as a bum-slayer
    Good luck to any team that hires him because they will need it.
    Were defensive scores just luck or is it a predictable result of his philosophy and coaching? Hester helped at times but overall he was a noose, at least the decision to put him on offense and keep him there. Huge mistake he never corrected.

JakeLc

It's not a sustainable philosophy that will work week to week.
    You need personnel and schemes.
    Bad teams will turn the ball over,Lovie beats bad teams.
    They ruined Hester by making him a WR and then claiming ( laughably) he was the #1 WR

First 12