PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Herm Edwards

Best all-around NFL analyzer on ESPN. Combination of intelligence, wit, humor, and personality that is unmatched on a network filled with lifeless stiffs. Very good at breaking down the games, analyzing the matchups, and explaining the various factors involved.

Only guy as good as him on ESPN is Merril Hoge but he lacks personality.

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

Merril Hoge is a steaming pile of dogshit

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by mikefromsd View Post
    Merril Hoge is a steaming pile of dogshit
    I've heard worse about him yet, every time I hear him he makes sense. Since I've been watching him and Herm though, Herm has been better at picking winners than Merril.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Merril Hodge~to many concussions to pick winners.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Herm Edwards is awful. Reminds me of a lot of coaches I've known that love to hear themselves talk, think everything they say is gospel, and they're all full of it

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Pretty good on TV but a horrible coach. He was the worst time management coach I've ever seen. Good motivator though.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Herm Edwards is awful. Reminds me of a lot of coaches I've known that love to hear themselves talk, think everything they say is gospel, and they're all full of it
    Centaur

I can understand how he might come off as this to you. Do me a favor. Next time Herm comes on and he's with a group of people talking football on ESPN, listen carefully to the points he makes and then take note if he picks a winner.

You'll be shocked at how much of the time he's right. I guarantee you.

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Hodge left the NFL for brain damage and proves it every time he opens his mouth.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dalamar View Post
    Hodge left the NFL for brain damage and proves it every time he opens his mouth.

MiAMiEDDY
    MiAMiEDDY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Eric mangini isnt that bad.. if only he wouldnt come off as such a puss.y

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Centaur

I can understand how he might come off as this to you. Do me a favor. Next time Herm comes on and he's with a group of people talking football on ESPN, listen carefully to the points he makes and then take note if he picks a winner.

You'll be shocked at how much of the time he's right. I guarantee you.
    Ok I'll do that

But keep in mind picking winners is easy. Picking winners ATS not so much.

I made a bet with a guy one time who said I couldn't pick game winners straight up for the regular NFL season and end up with a winning record. Game over for him by week 11

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

I personally wish they would just let SBR posters take over, would be wayy more entertaining IMO

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    I personally wish they would just let SBR posters take over, would be wayy more entertaining IMO
    Hell yeah. Can you imagine us on ESPN? I can see it now. Nicky Santoro asking me what I think about the Eagles firing Andy Reid and the reply comes....."He was a fat fukk and needed to go Nicky. A pass-happy dikkhead who didn't know the first thing about clock management or running the football."

(Camera turns to host Blondie)........Blondie to KingMayan: Mayan, what's your thoughts on today's reports that Toronto fired GM Brian Burke? Mayan: "Unreal. Toronto's Tranny population are going to be very upset about this Blondie. They fully supported Burkie, isn't that right Emily Haines?"

(Camera turns to host SBR Lou).....SBR Lou to Emily Haines: "Is that true Emily? Toronto's Tranny population is upset over this firing?"....Emily: "That's right Lou, we are highly upset that such a supportive figure in our community has been so thoughtlessly discarded. It also cost me $47,000,000 as I had a bet that Burke would be GM for at least another 10 years in Toronto."

(Host Shari)....Shari to LouisvilleKid1: "LK, how do you feel about this firing?"...LK: "Who cares? Let's talk about Louisville. I feel sorry for anyone that plays us this year. Louisville basketball. Enough said. We're gonna win the National Title for the next 10 years. IT'S ALL ABOUT LOUISVILLE! Oh yeah, can I get out of here early? I gotta meet somebody at the track."

(Host SBR Jonelyn)....SBR Jonelyn: "Please keep in mind that this is a family show. Watch the language." KingMayan: Unreal.
    PhillyFlyers: We gotta watch our fukkin language now? It's a fukkin sports show.
    EmilyHaines: Tell em Jonelyn. These animals don't know how to act respectably.
    KingMayan: Unreal.

That would be pure entertainment.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

bullshit

get off Hermans kok son

Best all-around NFL analyzer on ESPN. Combination of intelligence, wit, humor, and personality that is unmatched on a network filled with lifeless stiffs. Very good at breaking down the games, analyzing the matchups, and explaining the various factors involved.

Only guy as good as him on ESPN is Merril Hoge but he lacks personality.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    bullshit

get off Hermans kok son
    Go fukk your mother dikkhead.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

would like to see him get back to coaching along with gruden

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Talks like a guy who will never coach in the nfl again.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

He lost me when he called the imbecile, intelligent.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    He lost me when he called the imbecile, intelligent.
    He's not an imbecile. Pay attention to the points he makes and not the way he acts. Listen to when he gives a winner. He's extremely underrated.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Pretty good on TV but a horrible coach. He was the worst time management coach I've ever seen. Good motivator though.
    Terrible coach.
    Went like 5 and 15 in his last 20 with the Jets with a monster defense.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Tony Dungy

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Cowher wants back in

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4967

Hell yeah. Can you imagine us on ESPN? I can see it now. Nicky Santoro asking me what I think about the Eagles firing Andy Reid and the reply comes....."He was a fat fukk and needed to go Nicky. A pass-happy dikkhead who didn't know the first thing about clock management or running the football."

(Camera turns to host Blondie)........Blondie to KingMayan: Mayan, what's your thoughts on today's reports that Toronto fired GM Brian Burke? Mayan: "Unreal. Toronto's Tranny population are going to be very upset about this Blondie. They fully supported Burkie, isn't that right Emily Haines?"

(Camera turns to host SBR Lou).....SBR Lou to Emily Haines: "Is that true Emily? Toronto's Tranny population is upset over this firing?"....Emily: "That's right Lou, we are highly upset that such a supportive figure in our community has been so thoughtlessly discarded. It also cost me $47,000,000 as I had a bet that Burke would be GM for at least another 10 years in Toronto."

(Host Shari)....Shari to LouisvilleKid1: "LK, how do you feel about this firing?"...LK: "Who cares? Let's talk about Louisville. I feel sorry for anyone that plays us this year. Louisville basketball. Enough said. We're gonna win the National Title for the next 10 years. IT'S ALL ABOUT LOUISVILLE! Oh yeah, can I get out of here early? I gotta meet somebody at the track."

(Host SBR Jonelyn)....SBR Jonelyn: "Please keep in mind that this is a family show. Watch the language." KingMayan: Unreal.
    PhillyFlyers: We gotta watch our fukkin language now? It's a fukkin sports show.
    EmilyHaines: Tell em Jonelyn. These animals don't know how to act respectably.
    KingMayan: Unreal.

That would be pure entertainment.
    Don't forget TTwarrior playing doctor.

Here we go to ttwarrior with this week's injury updates.

TTwarrior: "As you can see, Gronkowski is out for this week as a direct result of overtraining. He clearly should have only done 1 rep to failure instead of 15 reps. Anyone with half a brain knows this. People ask me all the time how I know so much, but it is because I read so much online and talk to numerous bodybuilders around the world."

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Don't forget TTwarrior playing doctor.

Here we go to ttwarrior with this week's injury updates.

TTwarrior: "As you can see, Gronkowski is out for this week as a direct result of overtraining. He clearly should have only done 1 rep to failure instead of 15 reps. Anyone with half a brain knows this. People ask me all the time how I know so much, but it is because I read so much online and talk to numerous bodybuilders around the world."

Oh yeah, TTwarrior is in there for sure.