SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

SP NFL 2012 -Armageddon.

We only have a few weeks of football before the end of the world, so lets start making some stripper money for the last few days!

SportsPedagogy

MY picks are also posted at TMRzoo.com Its "The man room" just a website dedicated to manly stuff. Anyway, here are my week 1 picks. They are a little late on this site, but they were made and posted last night.

Chargers PK +105 (3 Units): Oakland is a tough place to play, but a fair amount of Chargers fans make it out there. I think Oakland may be the scrappier team, especially on defense, but Phillip Rivers has looked good in the offseason and I think chargers make their quest for 2nd place in the division with a good start in week 1.
    Redskins +10 -140 (1 Units): The Saints are in their first game of the season after a very long preseason, they have some of the defense back, but not all, and Washington always does good at the beginning of the season.
    Eagles -9 (4 Units): I am not a big fan of risking 8 units on the opening weekend, but I think the Eagles take this one by 20 points. This could be a 34-14 sort of affair. I think the Eagles are fired up and will be playing inspired football early on this season. Time will tell if they can maintain.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/37472/201...and-money-line
    Last edited by SportsPedagogy; 09-09-12 at 01:28 PM.

SportsPedagogy

Here are my picks for this week. Feel free to check out my page.

"Last week we started off great with Andrew Luck showing up and beating the Vikings to cover the +3 spread. That was the end of our good run. The Lions hung close and ended up losing by 8, one point shy of the +7 spread and the Raiders completely fell apart in the 2nd half vs the Dolphins. That puts our season total to 3-3 and -3.45

This week, it is time to get back on track !

Patriots/Ravens u50 -110 (3 units):
    Growing up around sports gambling, the most solid advice I ever heard was “If it seems too good to be true, it is.” 50 is a HIGH number, especially when you have two good defenses and the Patriots have had their struggles on offense. I am going to take my shot here and I believe the game ends around 40 points.

Bears -7 -105 (3 units): The Rams are probably the popular pick right here, but the NFL usually does not work out the logical way. The Rams just beat the Redskins and hung tough with the Lions. The will lose by 14+ to the Bears. That is the way the NFL goes. The Bears defense will give problems to the Rams offense and Jay Cutler will move the ball effectively. The game may be close early, but the Bears put this one away.

Cardinals +3 -110 (3 units):
    I know a certain editor who isn’t going to be happy with me picking against his Eagles… The truth of the matter is, the Cardinals are not afraid of the Eagles. The Cards have won the last two meetings vs. the Eagles, including last year’s 21-17 shocker. The Eagles are the more popular team, but the Cards are very game. They could be in for a letdown game after beating New England, but I feel they roll and continue to be the NFL’s underdog story this year.

If you want another way to win, check out our Beat the House Pick ‘em contest. "

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/37943/nfl...and-money-line

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

like your cards pick.

SportsPedagogy

by RIOT BOYER on SEPTEMBER 30, 2012

Remember what we talked about last week? If it seems too good to be true, it is. Well we broke that rule last week (We’re in this together now) and it proved to be our only loss. We went 2-1 and finished +2.7 units. That brings our season total to 5-4 and currently -0.75 units. This week provides us a chance to get back on top. It is time to look to some unlikely heroes to lead us.
    Jaguars +100 (4 Units) :Quick…. Who was the only runningback last season to average over 100 yards per game? The same guy who lead the league in rushing yards (240 yards more than Ray Rice who came in 2nd) That man is Maurice Jones-Drew and he brings his 5.3 yards per carry against the NFL’s 31st ranked rushing defense, the Bengals. The Jags own the 30th worst rushing defense, but hey, Green-Ellis is no MJD. Jags win straight up!
    Rams +3 -110 (2.5 units): Who is that surprise team everybody is talking about ? The one that beat Dallas by 20 and knocked off the Packers as time expired? Potentially one of the best defenses in the NFL ? The Seahawks…. They are playing the lowly Rams…. Seems like a gimmieright ? Wrong. Seattle always plays well at home, let’s see how they do in a dome. I know they beat the Rams in St. Louis last year, but this is a much different rams team than last year and they will hang tough.
    Redskins +110 (3 units):RG3 is the real deal. The offense is clicking and the defense for the skins will get a much needed boost… by playing the Tampa Bay Bucs. The Bucs played their best defense against a woeful Dallas offense last week, and still lost. I see the skins scoring in the mid 30’s and Bucs somewhere around the low 20’s.
    Saints/Packers o53.5 -108 (2 units):A fourth pick ? Of course! The Saints defense is horrible and the offense is explosive. Another sad disappointing day for Drew Brees , as I feel the Packers will take the win, but not until a shootout that will see each team score in the 30’s.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/38254/nfl...and-money-line

SportsPedagogy

LOL once again I lost the big bet... oh well ... 3-1 and +3.8 units not too bad. 8-5 +3.05 units for the year.
    Last edited by SportsPedagogy; 09-30-12 at 07:20 PM.

SportsPedagogy

Week 4 proved to be very good… except our biggest bet … as it turns out… the Jags are not to be trusted. We still went 3-1 and ended up +3.8 units do that’s not too bad. We are now 8-5 +3.05 units for the year. Let us take a look at week 5!
    Patriots -6.5 -110 (4 Units): This game would be different if the Patriots had been squeaking out wins last year Vs the Broncos, but the games were not even close. Last year the Patriots put up 41 points, then 45 points Vs the Broncos. I don’t think they get that many this week, but I can see 35-24 being the final.
    Pittsburg -2.5 -120 (2.5 units): The Steelers are a good defensive team with a game managing offense. Do not let the fact that the Steelers have 1-2 record fool you. They have been missing a lot of key defensive players, all of whom should be back this week. Ben Roethlisberger is off to an amazing start. I can see a good game that will leave a lot of Philly backers scratching their heads.
    Saints/ Chargers o52.5 -110 (3 units): Over is 8-1 in Saints last 9 games overall. You have to ride that. The only game they didn’t go over this season was the game Vs Kansas City and that game stayed under by half a point. You don’t go overboard betting these…. But they are always fun to ride.
    Good luck gentlemen. Before you settle in for the game be sure to enter our free NFL Pick ‘em contest “Beat the House”. You can win weekly prizes for making correct NFL picks. There is also a brand new beer Kegerator, courtesy of GreatGiftsForMen.com up for grabs! You can regisiter here : http://www.tmrzoo.com/beat-the-house/login.php

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/38449/nfl...and-money-line

SportsPedagogy

We had a decent week 5 at 2-1. Steelers got me AGAIN! Although I did pick the Titans in a few of my contests for this week.. so I feel better. We move to a modest 10-6 record. We are up 7.05 units for the season, so let’s see if we can keep it rolling!
    Minnesota Vikings PK +100 (2 Units) I hate picking road favorites. Home field advantage means a lot more in the NFL then in does anywhere else. The Redskins have one of the best home field advantages out there and the Vikings are coming off of a crushing win against the Titans. This has the makings of a letdown game for them. That being said, I believe the Vikings are a more fundamental team. I think they will bottle up the Redskins offense. Teams are starting to understand it more I think the Vikes put up a decent amount of points and win this close game! Or maybe the Redskins will come out and break out of their funk with a good win at home, The Vikings are the better team, they are coming in at even money, I’ll take it
    New York Giants +7 -120 (3 Units) I don’t like the Giants, but their offense is really starting to click. Victor Cruz is emerging as one of the biggest homerun-hitting WR’s in the league. The 49ers have won the last two games by a combined 79-3. The trouble with the Giants is they just don’t care. I think they like to get behind by about 10-14 and claw their way back again. They may even win this one outright.
    Seahawks +165 (2 Units) Seattle is one of the worst places to have to play. It is beginning to not be just be because of the environment… the Seattle defense plays a lot better home and are showing they play pretty good on the road too. The Patriots have one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL, they could become vulnerable to they play action pass. I think Seattle only needs about two touchdowns and a FG to win this one.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2012/38681/nfl...ine-and-totals

SportsPedagogy

Another 2-1 day

This is the saddest thread in all of SBR. 12-7 on the year. Up 11.35 units.
    Business as usual.

SportsPedagogy

Arizona Cardinals +8 -130 (3 units) : The most points the Cardinals have allowed this season has been 21 points. In fact, it was almost a year ago (Oct 30th 2011 ) since the Cards have allowed 30 points in a game. The most between then and now… 23 points. The Cards defense is for real. I see no reason why they cannot force a turnover or two and help the offense put up two touchdowns and a FG. Once that happens, I cannot imagine them not covering the 8 point spread.
    Cincinnati Bengals -1 +110 (3 units): After picking the Titans over the Steelers, I got in a facebook debate with somebody who told me that nobody could have seen that loss coming. I informed him the Steelers have been bad on the road. He told me the Steelers were a notoriously good road team. He must have different definitions of the word notorious… the Steelers are 0-7 on the road in their last 7 games. It has been awhile since the Bengals beat Pitt, but I think they get it done today with some late heroics.
    Giants/Redskins u52 -110 (3 units): Only once in the past ten meetings has this game come close to this high of a number, and that was a 2009 Giants blowout win. I do not normally bring in head to head stats from previous seasons, but the exception is division games. This series between these two teams is usually a tough grinder that falls short of 40 points. The public is looking at RG3 vs Eli manning and they are just imagining buckets of points. The truth is, The NY defense is playing great and the Redskins defense has been forcing turnovers. This is a big game for both. The Redskins are fighting to stay relevant and the Giants are looking to avoid starting out 0-3 in their division! War Defense!

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good luck Sportsy, I like that cardinals pick alot. I already pulled the trigger on the Steelers though, hopefully Ben is at 100%. I havent been impressed with Cincy this year at all, coming off losses to the Browns and Miami and a really weak schedule. Steelers have just owned the Bengals in the past they are 9-2 in their last 11 against the Bengals and something crazy like 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games against Cincinnati. Of course, that was before they were the walking wounded ( Mendenhall, Polamalu,etc)

Both teams need this one to catch the Ravens, I dont feel really strong about the steelers but its hard to imagine a Steeler team playing themselves out of playoff contention this early. Ben will have to be sharp here today with Mendenhall out. Good luck today. Cheers

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Good luck Sportsy, I like that cardinals pick alot. I already pulled the trigger on the Steelers though, hopefully Ben is at 100%. I havent been impressed with Cincy this year at all, coming off losses to the Browns and Miami and a really weak schedule. Steelers have just owned the Bengals in the past they are 9-2 in their last 11 against the Bengals and something crazy like 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games against Cincinnati. Of course, that was before they were the walking wounded ( Mendenhall, Polamalu,etc)

Both teams need this one to catch the Ravens, I dont feel really strong about the steelers but its hard to imagine a Steeler team playing themselves out of playoff contention this early. Ben will have to be sharp here today with Mendenhall out. Good luck today. Cheers
    Thanks man! should be a good game. I just think Steelers look to easy so I am going to fade em here. Good day win or lose.

gregm

Excellent day so far SP.

SportsPedagogy

Excellent day so far SP.

Steelers may ruin my parade.

SportsPedagogy

New England Patriot -6.5 -122 (3 units): This game is in England. Those games always seem to be crazy in some way or another. I remember the Broncos/49ers game to was a snoozer until the 4thquarter and Troy Smith led the 49ers to victory … I also remember in 2009 the Patriots beating the Buccaneers 35-7. They have been here before, they are a veteran team. The Rams ride the coattails of their defense, I think their defense will be shaken up in the environment and the Pats roll.
    New York Giants PK -137 (3 units): I am a very big Dallas Cowboys fan. By rule, I never pick their games, but this one I just couldn’t pass up. There are so many elements of this game that people need to take into account, the revenge factor, the Giants play great on the road, Dallas does not play to great at home, the Giants defense has gotten better since the week 1 loss and the Cowboys defense has gotten weaker. The loss if LB Sean Lee is devastating for Dallas as he was one of their more consistent playmakers. I do not see Dallas sweeping the Giants.
    Broncos/Saints Over 55 -110 (3 units): The Saints have had 10 of their last 11 games go over. The offense is clicking and the defense is actually just a bunch of holograms on the field. Kind of like when Tupac last performed. The defense will get it together and have a god game sooner or later… but we will win back the money the following week. The Denver offense is starting to get it together. I am worried that they will focus on the run and eat up a lot of clock, but with the Saints offense putting up points, this should become a shootout.

SportsPedagogy

Saints game is destined to go under. I am stuck in a 2-1 rut.

gregm

2-1 is not a bad rut to be in. I had a huge wager on the jets today and I have had one winning week in nfl all year. Worst year since I started keeping records. You are killing it, good job, this over is good call with these two qbs and I still like it.

SportsPedagogy

2-1 is not a bad rut to be in. I had a huge wager on the jets today and I have had one winning week in nfl all year. Worst year since I started keeping records. You are killing it, good job, this over is good call with these two qbs and I still like it.
    Thanks Greg. the over streak was about to come to an end eventually

gregm

Whats on deck today sp?

SportsPedagogy

Whats on deck today sp?
    Chaos!

The 2-1 streak continues. We are now 16-9 and +17.05 units. Not too bad as we start to approach the halfway point. It looks like last week we won last week by a fingertip. Perhaps Dez Bryant thought the white boundary line was cocaine and that’s why he reached for it … either way … brace yourself, because some of today’s picks are going to make your stomach churn.
    Dallas Cowboys ML +165 (1 Unit), +3.5 -110 (2 Units): You think you know who this team is, but you have no idea. Remove all preconceived notions that you may have acquired about these two teams. You have a top passing game going against one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. You also have a hit and miss rush game going against a weak rush defense. There will be no Demarco Murray, and Felix Jones is banged up, but I really like Dunbar, the Cowboys 3rd runningback. I like him even better then Jones. Let’s hope Dallas doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot here.
    Cleveland Browns +4 (2 units): This should be a no brainer, right? Ravens good, Browns bad . do the math… Ravens win by 20 ? Seems legit… except for one simple fact… the Ravens do not travel well … they lost four games last season… all four were on the road. They have had three road games this season and they lost two of them. The one road win was a beautiful 9-6 win over the mighty Chiefs. There is a chance the Ravens can come out and make a statement, but I think a higher chance the Browns lose it on a last second FG.
    Washington Redskins -2.5 (3 Units): I hate the term “Exposed”, as in the Redskins were exposed by the Steelers… or more widely used, RG3 was exposed by the Steelers, as in, that’s it, RG3 is done forever… he is now figured out… he is not. He is a rookie QB who ran into the Steelers defense…. Well I know this Panthers team and they are not the Steelers. The Redskins should have a fun day here. They are better then they get credit for.
    Here is a little extra for those of you who are going “How can we worry about football when the election is just a few days away?” Solid question. Luckily you can bet on that too! The best part is, you can affect the outcome… so Vote! Here is the current Vegas line!
    Barack Obama wins 2012 election -310
    Mitt Romney wins 2012 election +255

SportsPedagogy

Last week left us high and dry. We are now 16-13 (I counted the Cowboys moneyline and ATS losses as two seperate losses) and +8.35. It is never fun to lose everybet you make in a week but it happens. One must role with the punches and move on. That is what we will do.
    Jets +7 -110 (3 units): Is there a team more bi-polar then the Jets ? Probably not. They crush the Colts, lose a heart breaker to New England, then get crushed by the Vikings. This is clearly a must win for the Jets, they are coming off of a bi week. I think the Jets defense holds strong and keeps this a close game decided in the 4th quarter. A big loss to the Seahawks will put several Jets jobs in jepordy.
    Bears PK -125 (3 units): Look at this. Two of the teams from the “One of these 5 teams will win the Super Bowl” Guarentee are 7-1 and playing each other. They were my two surprise teams aswell … so .. SURPRISE! These teams are for real. So who do I pick right now ? I am going with the Bears of course. I think the Texans have a better offense, but the Bears defense is just disgusting. The Texans look like an unmoveable wall on defense, which is good, but the Bears resemble one of those Indiana Jones walls with the spikes…. the ones that come towards you. Should be a fun time for all though !
    Rams +13.5 (3 units): This line has been climbing up. It opened around +11. Course, there really isnt that much of a difference between 11 and 13.5 , but if you can get it to cross that magical number of 14 before the game starts, i would grab it. The 49ers have probably the best defense in the league. They have the best rushing game aswell. The Rams are not as bad as people think though. Short of that blowout loss to the Pats, and a beating from the Bears, this team has hung tough in all of their games. This one today wreaks of a backdoor cover. I think the Rams need to score 13 point in order to cover this spread.
    Broncos ML -200 (2 units): A non conference road game seems like the perfect spot for a let down game, but I just can not see it. Living in Denver, I see alot of the Broncos. They are clicking now. The defense is stopping teams while the offense puts up som big numbers. I think they will giver Carolinas offense fits and nickle and dime the Panthers defense. I am going to go ML because at the end, this one may be settled by a FG, but I think the Broncos pull it out.
    There you have you it! Happy Veterans day to all of our Vets and a special Happy Veterans day to all the poor unforunate bastards who had to serve and go to Iraq with me ! I rememeber us all waking up at 3 am to go watch football on Sundays …. that was the year Dallas got blown out by the Eagles in a loser goes home Finale. Thanks for wasting my time Dallas ! Heres to hoping Dallas gets a little vengance today ! Enjoy!

SportsPedagogy

Last week left us high and dry. We are now 16-13 (I counted the Cowboys moneyline and ATS losses as two seperate losses) and +8.35. It is never fun to lose everybet you make in a week but it happens. One must role with the punches and move on. That is what we will do.

Jets +7 -110 (3 units): Is there a team more bi-polar then the Jets ? Probably not. They crush the Colts, lose a heart breaker to New England, then get crushed by the Vikings. This is clearly a must win for the Jets, they are coming off of a BI week. I think the Jets defense holds strong and keeps this a close game decided in the 4th quarter. A big loss to the Seahawks will put several Jets jobs in jepordy.

Bears PK -125 (3 units): Look at this. Two of the teams from the “One of these 5 teams will win the Super Bowl” Guarentee are 7-1 and playing each other. They were my two surprise teams aswell … so .. SURPRISE! These teams are for real. So who do I pick right now ? I am going with the Bears of course. I think the Texans have a better offense, but the Bears defense is just disgusting. The Texans look like an unmoveable wall on defense, which is good, but the Bears resemble one of those Indiana Jones walls with the spikes…. the ones that come towards you. Should be a fun time for all though !

Rams +13.5 (3 units): This line has been climbing up. It opened around +11. Course, there really isnt that much of a difference between 11 and 13.5 , but if you can get it to cross that magical number of 14 before the game starts, i would grab it. The 49ers have probably the best defense in the league. They have the best rushing game aswell. The Rams are not as bad as people think though. Short of that blowout loss to the Pats, and a beating from the Bears, this team has hung tough in all of their games. This one today wreaks of a backdoor cover. I think the Rams need to score 13 point in order to cover this spread.

Broncos ML -200 (2 units): A non conference road game seems like the perfect spot for a let down game, but I just can not see it. Living in Denver, I see alot of the Broncos. They are clicking now. The defense is stopping teams while the offense puts up som big numbers. I think they will giver Carolinas offense fits and nickle and dime the Panthers defense. I am going to go ML because at the end, this one may be settled by a FG, but I think the Broncos pull it out.

There you have you it! Happy Veterans day to all of our Vets and a special Happy Veterans day to all the poor unforunate bastards who had to serve and go to Iraq with me ! I rememeber us all waking up at 3 am to go watch football on Sundays …. that was the year Dallas got blown out by the Eagles in a loser goes home Finale. Thanks for wasting my time Dallas ! Heres to hoping Dallas gets a little vengance today ! Enjoy!

SportsPedagogy

HOUSTON -15-110 (3 units) : Fate loves the fearless. This may be the highest number I have ever bet on, usually these teams fail to cash, backdoor covers are notorious in these situations. There is one thing I know, Houston is a legit team and Super Bowl contender, and the Jags have packed it in and are hoping for a number one draft pick. I think they would love to be Houston, just like I would love to beat Jon Jones… just not going to happen. The Jags do not have enough offense and Houston has too much of it. This game will probably be around 24-0 at halftime and end up around 38-7.
    San Diego/Denver o48 -110 (2 units): The Broncos have scored over 30 points in each of their wins this season, I predict they will get somewhere around their today as well. San Diego should be able to put up a couple touchdowns and a FG, maybe even a few touchdowns in an attempt to avenge their embarrassing 24 point blown lead to the Broncos earlier this season. Peyton Manning is on, he does not want just comeback player, he wants the MVP, I think we will go deep a few times…. Points will be scored.
    Tampa Bay pk -120 (3 units): I like the Bucs here. They finally resemble a team that can compete week in and week out. The Panthers are continuing to live and die by Cam Newton. I thought the Panthers had a chance early in the game vs. the Broncos, they looked really well, then a few big plays put the Broncos ahead and Cam Newton went into Great Depression mode and coasted the rest of the game. Could be a fun game to watch, but I think Tampa is to physical of a team right now. War Muscle Hamster.
    Kansas City Chiefs + 155 (2 units): I am taking the Chiefs here! Cincinnati won big last week vs. the Giants. Everybody is on them now, but the Giants have been in a slump and really shot themselves in the foot. The Bengals still are not that good of a team. They have a decent passing attack, but the Chiefs have a pretty good secondary. I am also concerned about the Bengals rush defense, they are giving up almost 120 yards a game … which is not good vs. a Chiefs team that rushes for about 150 yards a game. If the Chiefs can keep the Bengals from getting off to a big lead, and continue to run the ball, they will win this game.
    Side Notes: Usually I would love the Packers coming off of a bye week, only laying 3 points to the lowly Detroit Lions, but the line has been pounded and pounded and Vegas is not budging. I am not touching this game. I also like the Ravens laying 3.5 to the Steelers. I think the Steelers have struggled this season and were kept in games in a large part to Roethlisberger. He is out with an injury, I think the Ravens.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

dumbass getting destroyed.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    dumbass getting destroyed.
    When is the last time you actually made a pick of your own pal ? Move along, this site is just another facebook for you.

gregm

Good luck Sp. Carolina always seems to come up short and Tampa Bay is making a run here for the playoffs, I have been really impressed with Martin for the Bucs and they are definitely putting the numbers on the board. The panthers spent 80 million on Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart and they are doing absolutely nothing on the ground and Cam has thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. Bucs and Freeman have been impressive lately, the panthers just need to try and lose and get some good draft picks. LOL

SportsPedagogy

Good luck Sp. Carolina always seems to come up short and Tampa Bay is making a run here for the playoffs, I have been really impressed with Martin for the Bucs and they are definitely putting the numbers on the board. The panthers spent 80 million on Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart and they are doing absolutely nothing on the ground and Cam has thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. Bucs and Freeman have been impressive lately, the panthers just need to try and lose and get some good draft picks. LOL
    Man, that was alot closer then I thought it would be. Good Call Greg

SportsPedagogy

San Diego Chargers PK -110 (3 Units): This is a game that the books hope to make some money on today as the public is just throwing money at the Ravens. The Chargers look to be a team in dismay, meanwhile, the Ravens are already penciled in as a playoff team after their win over the Steelers. The only problem is that the Ravens always seem to take a vacation the week after beating the Steelers. The Ravens are 1-3 in their last 4 games following wins over the Steelers…. Who can forget last season’s losses to the might Titans or Seahawks? Factor in the fact that Baltimore does not travel well, and this game is on the other side of America…. the Chargers are primed for the upset.
    Carolina Panthers -2.5 -110 (5 Units): No Vick, No McCoy, not looking to good for the Eagles. When the Eagles played the Redskins, they looked like they had already packed it in. They will want to play hard at home on national TV, however, they just will not have the talent on the field. That offensive line may be the only offensive line worse than the Dallas Cowboys’. Meanwhile, the Panthers are looking better than they did earlier in the season, despite not piling on wins. I think Cam Newton has a decent day and the defense forces a few turnovers as the Panthers pull this one out semi easily.
    Pittsburgh Steelers -1 -125 (3 Units): I wonder if the line moved in the Steelers favor after it was announced Byron Leftwhich would not be playing. The public loves the Browns today. It seems to be the “Sharp” play. No Roethlisberger, no Leftwich, and the Browns almost beat the Cowboys. Well, news flash, good teams do not almost beat the Cowboys, good teams DO beat the Cowboys, as for Charlie Batch, I still think he is a decent QB He went 15-22 for 208 yard and one pick vs the Rams last year in the Steelers 27-0 win. Batch is a good game manager. The Steelers will win because of their defense, but Batch will help make sure the offense doesn’t blow it.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^ the public is on pittsburgh, not the browns.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    ^^^ the public is on pittsburgh, not the browns.
    Are they ? I havent looked at the sites, but all I hear are people backing the Browns cause they think its the smart thing to do. They think it is against the grain.

SportsPedagogy

currently 20-19 and + 3.95 units. It is time to build on that! Let’s take a look at lucky week 13.

Detroit Lions -6.5 -115 (4 Units): I like, and respect what the Colts have done this season, but short of them beating the Packers when the Packers were tail spinning early on, the Colts have not beat anybody great, and have gotten blown out by the Pats, Bears, and the Jets. Maybe the Lions are not on the level of the Pats and Bears, but they are well ahead of Jacksonville, Buffalo and Cleveland. I will take the Lions and the leagues #1 passing offense to tear up the Colts #19 pass defense.

Jacksonville Jaguars +7.5 -115 (3 Units): The Bills were pounded early, but now there is money starting to balance back on the Jags, and rightfully so. There is no denying that the jags are a different team with Chad Henne at the helm. He is making Blackmon and Cecil Shorts forces to be reckoned with. This game could be a fun lil shoot out. I like the Jags to cover, if not win straight up. The jags should also rack up some nice rushing yards, Buffalo averages a league worst, 143 yards per game given up on the ground.
    Miami Dolphins +9 -135 (3 Units): They Patriots have been on a roll and there should be nothing stopping them, right? Well, unless you have paid attention to a statistic that has been floating around this week. Home Dogs of 8 or more are 22-3 ATS in the past 25 occurrences. I will take my chances with the Dolphins, who have only lost 2 games by more than 5 this year.
    Pittsburgh Steelers +9 -135 (3 units): I imagine quite a few people are going to be on the Ravens today, mainly because the Steelers will be playing the suddenly, really old, Charlie Batch. I have been burned by the Steelers in the past, including last week when they fumbled the ball like was made out of coconut oil, yet they were still somehow in the game … Today however, I will be backing the Steelers defense. I am not sure how the Ravens are 9 point favorites when they only scored 14 points against this team a few weeks ago.

SportsPedagogy

I was leaning Rams, but I can't cheer vs Kapernick

SportsPedagogy

We are down to the last 4 weeks of regular season remaining. We find ourselves at 22-21 and + 1.9 units. Several teams have locked up their divisions, such as the Broncos, other teams, like the Giants, have left the door wide open. It should be a fun and interesting week. Let’s take a look at lucky week 14.
    Redskins ML -132 (3 Units): The Redskins can run the ball very well and their passing game has been outstanding. Redskin fans are not used to this sort of offensive explosion. The defense has been another story. Not quite good, but they can force a timely turnover or make a stand when they absolutely need too. Baltimore, although not too far from home this time, is still playing on the road. Their offense still has not looked great. Hard to believe with all of the big names they posses. I think the Redskins win here and continue to put pressure on the Giants.
    Tampa Bay -6.5 -130 (3 Units): The line in most places has risen to -9. You can still get it at several sites, including 5dimes. I am going to go ahead and buy in down half a point, just incase Tampa wins by a touchdown. We are starting to see some value in Nick
    Foles. He tore up a weakened Dallas defense and new RB Brown has looked explosive, except for his very untimely fumbles. What worries me about the Eagles is their defense. Romo went 10-10 and threw three touchdowns in the second half vs the Eagles last week, and Demarco Murray looked like fantastic despite missing several weeks and playing behind a horrid offensive line. I think Doug Martin and Josh Freeman have equally good days and pull ahead in the 2nd half.
    Cardnials/Seahawks over 36 points -110 (3 Units): This game just screams UNDER. Two decent defenses, weaker offenses, should be a snoozer right? I don’t think so. I think the Seahawks will miss Brand Browner, who is serving his 4 game suspension. I think the Seahawks are growing bolder and bolder on offense and well continue to attack and should score over 20 points this game. I think it is close, but I think this game definitely goes over 36.
    Underdog of the Week:
    Texans +165 (2 Units): This may very well be the AFC championship game (Unless Denver has anything to say about it) . This is going to be a great game. Matt Schuab has looked suspect at times, but the whole team is so completely well rounded that it hasn’t been an issue. The Texans defense is amazing, they have Foster , who is one of the better runningbacks in the league. The Patriots are a good team, playing at home, but I have to take my chances when offered a really good Texans team with an underdog pricetag.

SportsPedagogy

Raiders -4 -110 (3 Units): In the battle of “Who really cares at this point” two bottom feeding teams, the Raiders and the Chiefs will do battle. The difference between these two teams is the Chiefs have been awful, short of a few nice rushing games, and the Raiders have lost to a decent group in midst their 6 game losing streak, (Bucs, Ravens, Saints, Bengals, Browns, Broncos) Now I think they will right the path against the last team they beat, the Chiefs.
    Buffalo Bills ML +190 (2 Units): Seattle is 2-5 on the road. One of those road wins was a few weeks ago vs the suddenly slumping Bears when they came back and won it in overtime. The point is, they are just not the good on the road. Buffalo is only 3-3 at home, but they are consistently bad vs good teams, and play well vs mediocre teams and they beat bad teams. I consider Seattle a good mediocre team, but I think Buffalo will show up today and shock a good bit of people.
    Denver ML -150 (3 Units): I had so much faith in the Ravens, but it is plummeting. Denver may be one of the most complete teams in the NFL. They have a Superstar QB, a great running game, good OL and a stingy defense. Could you imagine if they somehow got a WR like Larry Fitzgerald ? Give him up Arizona… you are ruining him!! I digress. The Denver train has to come of the tracks sooner or later, they have been on a great streak, is a road game in Baltimore that place? I am gonna say no. I think they have the tools to win this, and I think Baltimore is to big of a threat to take lightly. Maybe next week vs the Browns, but not today.

12 Last