EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Finally!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...fired/1799319/

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Andy Reid has been fired after 14 seasons as head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, with the official announcement coming Monday, according to a person informed of the team's plans for releasing Reid. The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the Eagles haven't made any announcement yet, was unsure if it will be spun as Reid resigning or if he'll be fired, but said it's clear he will not coach the Eagles after Sunday's 42-7 loss to the New York Giants.
    I am glad at today's result. An uninspired performance so there could be no way Lurie could justify keeping AR for the final year of his contract. As an Eagles fan, I am excited about the coaching search. Been a long time since we had one. I am still on-board with Team Gruden being my preference. Jon HC/Jay OC and get a REAL DC in this bitch. Really not sure how I feel about the Chip Kelly rumors. Not real keen on college coaches with no NFL experience.

End of an Era that was mostly competitive. Hope Andy finds himself something, but he should be smart and take a year off and recharge. Don't care what the guy has said, his family life has had to have taken a toll on him. He needs to step back and get his off-field life back on-course and then go find yourself some foozeball.

Oh yeah ... I would kiss Jeffrey Lurie's nutsack if he also announced that Michael Vick was being fired.

I also think Lurie should say Andy is getting shit canned. None of this resignation bullshit. Guy lost this team for two years.

EaglesPhan36

Dark Horse: Niners OC Greg Roman.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Don't think I would want Chip Kelly either....That would probably mean Vick staying..... Andy will land on his feet, maybe in San Diego.

EaglesPhan36

I personally don't think Kelly is going to bolt, but if he does it's going to be for a team with a mobile QB - Carolina the obvious choice. You can't run his offense with someone who isn't a good runner. Foles is not that. Read about Reid potentially in San Diego, but sounds like the Chargers might be looking elsewhere.

I still think Reid is stubborn to a fault. Seems obsessed with staying in the game rather than taking a break. I don't think he wants to see what reality is right now with the death of his son from this year. Obviously won't hurt for money, he gets 5.5 million to take a hike. Seems like he could do with some time to refresh. I think he needs to go somewhere with a young QB he can mold into his system like McNabb did in Philly. Chargers seem like a lateral move from Philly. I think a team like Cleveland or Arizona if they let him step in and draft "his guy" at QB would be interesting.

wager1
    wager1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I am born and raised in philly all my life. 35 now. I respect Reid for what he did, but have been praying for him to leave now for the last 3 or 4 years. Thank god its over. Its now time to get rid of alot of these ridiculously overpriced bums with no heart, ASUMWA, or however you spell that bums name comes to the top of my list. as far as a coach, i do NOT WANT Chip Kelly. Even though hes been a huge success in oregon, for a lot of reasons I dont think it will prove to be the case on a pro level. I know he prob doesnt want any part of it, but Cowher would be awesome here. a tough nosed firey guy, is just what we need to start this thing over. and just to add, Nick Foles is not a starting quarterback, and i really hope they have a plan B as far as what they are gonna do, and I really hope Vick is not part of that plan

wager1
    wager1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I personally don't think Kelly is going to bolt, but if he does it's going to be for a team with a mobile QB - Carolina the obvious choice. You can't run his offense with someone who isn't a good runner. Foles is not that. Read about Reid potentially in San Diego, but sounds like the Chargers might be looking elsewhere.

I still think Reid is stubborn to a fault. Seems obsessed with staying in the game rather than taking a break. I don't think he wants to see what reality is right now with the death of his son from this year. Obviously won't hurt for money, he gets 5.5 million to take a hike. Seems like he could do with some time to refresh. I think he needs to go somewhere with a young QB he can mold into his system like McNabb did in Philly. Chargers seem like a lateral move from Philly. I think a team like Cleveland or Arizona if they let him step in and draft "his guy" at QB would be interesting.
    Just to add, i heard a few hours ago San Diego is not interested in Reid..... Good for them, lol

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

O brien is the answer

EaglesPhan36

O'Brien's buyout at Penn State is obscene. $9 million. I don't see Lurie dishing out in essence $14 million [9 for O'Brien/5 to Red] just to be able to get a get to the signing table and then on top of that, pay him an actual salary. I can see them going the cheaper route with a hot commodity coordinator like Roman or Jay Gruden.

I disagree on the comment about Foles though. Kid proved quite a bit this year behind a shit O-line as a rookie. I think in the right system and with the Eagles O-line healthy, he can be an effective QB. He at least deserves a look as the starter going into TC next season, especially with the shit available in free agency and the draft. Thinking along the lines of an Andy Dalton like game manager who has the ability to make big plays when needed.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

if we get a college coach i want saban, but wouldn't mind chip. and i don't care who is brought in as coach, it could be vicks long last father he isn't staying with the eagles with his current contract, and he doesn't want to re-do the deal. he wants to get out of town too and play for someone with an offensive line so he can stay alive. there are many many teams out there looking for a good qb, and he will easily find anther starting job. especialy in this weak ass class that is coming out. if someone doesn't reach for a qb, their might not even be one taken in the first round. seriously geno smith is supposed to be the best qb out there?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Best coach you had and will have the next 25 years. Oh yeah, good luck with Chip. His scheme in the NFL will be an absolute fukking disaster.

EaglesPhan36

PHI 1999 5 11 0 .313 5th in NFC East - - - -
    PHI 2000 11 5 0 .688 2nd in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to New York Giants in NFC Divisional Game.
    PHI 2001 11 5 0 .688 1st in NFC East 2 1 .667 Lost to St. Louis Rams in NFC Championship Game.
    PHI 2002 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Tampa Bay Buccaneers in NFC Championship Game.
    PHI 2003 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Carolina Panthers in NFC Championship Game.
    PHI 2004 13 3 0 .813 1st in NFC East 2 1 .667 Lost to New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX.
    PHI 2005 6 10 0 .375 4th in NFC East - - - -
    PHI 2006 10 6 0 .625 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to New Orleans Saints in NFC Divisional Game.
    PHI 2007 8 8 0 .500 4th in NFC East - - - -
    PHI 2008 9 6 1 .594 2nd in NFC East 2 1 .667 Lost to Arizona Cardinals in NFC Championship Game.
    PHI 2009 11 5 0 .687 2nd in NFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to Dallas Cowboys in NFC Wild Card Game.
    PHI 2010 10 6 0 .625 1st in NFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to Green Bay Packers in NFC Wild Card Game.
    PHI 2011 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC East - - - -
    PHI 2012 4 12 0 .266 4th in NFC East - - -

Definitely had fallen off in the last 7-8 years. Was not winning when they did make the playoffs and missed four times since 2005. Cannot argue that McNabb in his prime + Reid was a fountain of consistency in winning and making deep playoff runs.

Probably the two things I think that did him in - #1, he never found an adequate replacement for Jim Johnson as DC. I don't think people paid enough attention to that. #2, the End of the McNabb ERA. I think Reid was guilty to a fault of trying to stick with #5 even when his health and skills were obviously diminshing. Kevin Kolb in retrospect was a poor pick as the original successor. That in turn led to Michael Vick. They caught lightning in a bottle in 2010 with him, but the fluke was shown the last two years. The 2007 draft, the Eagles I think reached for a QB in one of the all-time shitfest drafts for QBs. They had some big hits in drafts, but had more misses during the Reid-Banner Era. They did a great job of getting guys like McCoy and Jackson with lower picks. but did not really turn out very many studs in the 1st round.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 12-30-12 at 11:51 PM.